Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSaster's announcement fail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

DeSaster's announcement fail

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 6:25 pm

Ronnie tried to announce his run for President via Twitter and Elon's pet project crashed.

What a symbolic representation of the GOP.
Ron DeSantis, the combative 44-year-old governor of Florida who has championed conservative causes and thrown a yearslong flurry of punches at America’s left, began his campaign for president on Wednesday, giving Donald J. Trump the most formidable Republican rival he has faced since his ascent in 2016.

But his vaunted launch on a live broadcast over Twitter was an inauspicious debut to say the least. The social media site’s servers were apparently overloaded, crashing repeatedly. Twenty minutes into the “broadcast,” Mr. DeSantis had yet to be heard from, though Twitter personnel could be heard lamenting the situation.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Re: DeSaster's announcement fail

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 6:30 pm

The play by play is brutal...
Maggie Haberman
May 24, 2023, 6:20 p.m. ET9 minutes ago
9 minutes ago
Maggie HabermanSenior political correspondent

One Republican messaged with what may become a name used by the Trump team: “DeSaster.”

Patricia Mazzei
May 24, 2023, 6:19 p.m. ET10 minutes ago
10 minutes ago
Patricia Mazzei

The DeSantis team held tightly controlled events during his re-election campaign for governor last year. This is ... not that.

Jonathan Swan
May 24, 2023, 6:19 p.m. ET10 minutes ago
10 minutes ago
Jonathan SwanPolitical reporter

A senior Trump adviser, Chris LaCivita, a veteran of political campaigns, just texted: “This is criminal for a campaign.”

Maggie Haberman
May 24, 2023, 6:18 p.m. ET11 minutes ago
11 minutes ago

The Trump team is gleeful about this right now.

Shane Goldmacher
May 24, 2023, 6:18 p.m. ET11 minutes ago
11 minutes ago
Shane Goldmacher

The Biden campaign is appearing to to revel in the glitches. The @JoeBiden account tweeted a donation link with the words, “This link works.”

Nicholas Nehamas
May 24, 2023, 6:17 p.m. ET11 minutes ago
11 minutes ago
Nicholas NehamasReporting from Miami

I just got booted from the Twitter Space and am not seeing a way back in. I suspect I’m not alone.

Nicholas Nehamas
May 24, 2023, 6:15 p.m. ET14 minutes ago
14 minutes ago
Nicholas NehamasReporting from Miami

Question: At what point do people eventually give up and stop listening?

Ryan Mac
14 minutes ago
Ryan Mac

Multiple Twitter users are reporting their mobile apps are crashing after trying to listen to the Twitter Space.

Maggie Haberman
14 minutes ago

Now there’s music playing, right after Musk said something about DeSantis making an announcement.

Shane Goldmacher
May 24, 2023, 6:14 p.m. ET15 minutes ago
15 minutes ago
Shane Goldmacher

“Melting,” whispering, hot mics, long silences and on-the-spot troubleshooting as an audience of more than 400,000 on Twitter waits for the event to begin.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 24, 2023 6:52 pm

:lol: :lol :lol:

"This is a great sign! It just proves how many people are excited about the DeSantis candidacy!"----Idiot Righties

:lol :lol: :lol

The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 8:15 pm

"Republicans have plans"
-BMW
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed May 24, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed May 24, 2023 8:24 pm

"Wow. The DeSanctus TWITTER launch is a DISASTER!" Trump wrote on the Truth Social media platform. "His whole campaign will be a disaster. WATCH!"

:rollin

You literally could not write this shit. It honestly seems like something you'd watch on.......

........wait for it.................

DISNEY!!

:lol

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 8:33 am

The press coverage for DeSantis' announcement was lackluster at best. I guess he shouldn't have announced when Tina passed away.

I think he very well could flounder.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 25, 2023 9:00 am

Once the technical glitches were worked out, He spent over an hour talking about the issues the country faces and his plans for working on them. I have yet to hear any other candidate do that. Trump needs to quit name calling and still talking about losing in 2020 and start talking about what he will do to fix issues if re-elected. As for the technical issues, every platform has them, so the fact that 700 thousand people logging in at the same time caused issues should come as no surprise.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 9:06 am

I think the tech issues fell on Musk.

No one story I read from credible organizations discussed his platform. He didn't get his message heard.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 25, 2023 9:08 am

Our news sources here at the studios had 700 thousand logged in once it was up and running. That is a fair start

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 25, 2023 9:30 am

zzand wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:08 am
Our news sources here at the studios had 700 thousand logged in once it was up and running. That is a fair start
Yes, that is not bad. Biden did some events a couple years and it looked like 70 showed up. 35 Trump were obvious supporters in the distance, LOL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 25, 2023 10:13 am

I truly don't understand what he's trying to do. It seems like a moderate Republican might have a real chance to win the election. Many independents and some Democrats would be open to that voice, but it seems like DeSantis is trying to out-MAGA Trump sometimes. The book banning, 6 week abortion ban, gay-hating just doesn't play well with moderates. He's gonna hand the nomination to Trump.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 10:19 am

Can I assume that those of you in full-attack mode on the Republican nomination process are perfectly content with Joe Biden being your nominee?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 10:22 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:13 am
The book banning...
I'm still waiting for an explanation from anybody as to how banning a tiny fraction of all books in existence is detrimental to education but shutting down many schools for the better part of 2 years and forcing kids to learn remotely was not. I've heard far more criticism from the left on the former rather than the latter.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 25, 2023 10:25 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:22 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:13 am
The book banning...
I'm still waiting for an explanation from anybody as to how banning a tiny fraction of all books in existence is detrimental to education but shutting down many schools for the better part of 2 years and forcing kids to learn remotely was not. I've heard far more criticism from the left on the former rather than the latter.
Perhaps in a different thread? Since this one is about the DeSantis campaign, his restrictions on personal freedoms is the relevant point.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 25, 2023 10:30 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:19 am
Can I assume that those of you in full-attack mode on the Republican nomination process are perfectly content with Joe Biden being your nominee?
I'm not. Biden is not a strong candidate and hardly a great president. But compared to what Trump would do to this country in a second term, there is really no choice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic