Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSaster's announcement fail

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: DeSaster's announcement fail

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 2:58 pm

Yes, he did and would again. Justice department is collecting evidence as you try to defend him.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 25, 2023 3:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:52 pm
I didn't ask if he "tried." I'm done having that debate with people because anybody who objectively believes that Trump and his supporters (outside of possibly a few fringe kooks who showed up that day), on January 6th, actually intended to take over our government and run it in perpetuity is severely lacking in critical thinking skills, and there's just no point in debating those people on that subject.

I'm asking about ABILITY. Because motives alone do not make a person a danger to democracy; you have to have a motive AND a means (and a capable means at that).
So it’s ok to try because it won’t work? That’s your standard? You have a low bar there my friend…

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 25, 2023 3:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 2:58 pm
Yes, he did and would again. Justice department is collecting evidence as you try to defend him.
WTF are you talking about? Trump voluntarily left when his term ended.
Rate This wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 3:07 pm
So it’s ok to try because it won’t work? That’s your standard? You have a low bar there my friend…
Where did I say that or even infer that? Hint: I didn't. I was responding to Honeyman's statement that he and others believe Trump to be a "very dangerous" man. What I'm suggesting is that even if Trump has every evil motive others believe he had, that alone doesn't make him a dangerous threat to the very existence of our democracy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu May 25, 2023 3:57 pm

He does not accept the results of a fair election. He tried to have the Georgia SoS change the vote totals. He has spoken against the US Constitution, praised Vladamir Putin and yesterday talked about a friendship with the dictator of North Korea.

God knows who will be "advising" him if he gets in the White House again, what judges he will put on the courts, what people will be holding high offices.

I don't know whether he has the ABILITY, but I sure as hell dont want to give him the chance.

The censorship king from out of state.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 25, 2023 4:15 pm

zzand wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:00 am
Once the technical glitches were worked out, He spent over an hour talking about the issues the country faces and his plans for working on them. I have yet to hear any other candidate do that. Trump needs to quit name calling and still talking about losing in 2020 and start talking about what he will do to fix issues if re-elected. As for the technical issues, every platform has them, so the fact that 700 thousand people logging in at the same time caused issues should come as no surprise.
After what you endured with COVID, I wouldn’t have pegged you as a DeFascist voter.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 4:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 3:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Where did I say that or even infer that? Hint: I didn't. I was responding to Honeyman's statement that he and others believe Trump to be a "very dangerous" man. What I'm suggesting is that even if Trump has every evil motive others believe he had, that alone doesn't make him a dangerous threat to the very existence of our democracy.
You are in denial. He and his team coordinated activities in Georgia, Texas and tried to recruit Pence to set aside the electoral college. You have a mental defect if you believe otherwise at this juncture.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 25, 2023 7:03 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 3:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
You stated you don’t care if he tried. That the argument that him trying was a terrible thing for the country is one you don’t want to have because:
I didn't ask if he "tried." I'm done having that debate with people because anybody who objectively believes that Trump and his supporters (outside of possibly a few fringe kooks who showed up that day), on January 6th, actually intended to take over our government and run it in perpetuity is severely lacking in critical thinking skills, and there's just no point in debating those people on that subject.
You then asked if he had the ability and made it clear that’s all that matters to you. Anything below that like a mere attempt is unimportant.

All of these investigations in big capital letters is everyone collectively saying “NEVER AGAIN WILL ANYONE TRY THIS AND BE ALLOWED TO GET AS FAR AS THEY DID”.

All they needed was a sympathetic VP and a Republican house as they have now and they could have thrown it to said house and Trump is in. All they have to do is have control of congress and enough state legislatures (a stones throw away now) and they can repeal the term limits amendment. These people don’t give a damn about Democracy and they don’t give a damn about any of us. They want power for powers sake. You may not like the status quo but the alternative is a group of fringe radicals hell bent on turning this country into a theocracy and throwing away 248 years of history right out the window. They have lots of ideas we haven’t tried before and most of those are completely antithetical to the founding of this country but valid in their revisionist history of how things have been. And you wanna sit here and tell us that an attempt, a warm up act, doesn’t really matter because it won’t work because the very institutions they are trying to circumvent can somehow withstand the deck being stacked against them next time. You sound like the people who said real estate would never decrease in value and then 2008 happened. Gee were they stunned, started and amazed. Listen to what they say… they say the quiet part out loud all the time.

Heck, They might even try to repeal some amendments at some point during a convention process:
Top targets are the 1st (prohibits Congress from establishing an official religion), 13th (no slavery), the 14th (due process), 16th (income tax), 17th (direct election of senators), and 19th (women's suffrage).
I also notice you didn’t address the partial list of radical things I posted that they want to put into a reconstituted constitution…

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu May 25, 2023 7:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:01 am
The relevant point, IMO, and one that I wish Republican politicians would focus on, is that it is hypocritical beyond belief to support what Democrats did during Covid and then complain about Desantis' alleged "restrictions on personal freedoms." Your side is in no position to make such arguments about such restrictions.
But your point misses the point. Democrats and Republicans (see DeWine, Mike) closed schools because they were afraid the virus would kill kids. Was it the right decision? I'll let history decide. Republicans ONLY are banning books and editing history solely because they feel they know better that educators as to what to teach students. Was that the right decision? Don't know that we will ever know as I don't trust politicians to write history.

Democrats aren't always right. As an independent (small i) I vote for mostly D's and some R's. But I don't trust any politician to decide what's right for me medically, scientifically or to teach my kids and grandkids no matter what the letter is next to their name.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 9:00 pm

Folks BMW lapsed into this irrational state he seems to get in. Maybe it's Carson Tucker withdrawal, maybe it's bearing the weight of being helpless to aid all those innocent Trump supporters, maybe he ate too much red dye 40.

Give him a few days and he will come around.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:51 pm

Here's DeSantis's latest attempt to get noticed...
“No excuses: Stop the invasion,” blares DeSantis’s immigration blueprint. Unveiling his plan in Texas, DeSantis accused Trump of failing to deliver, saying the unthinkable: “Obama’s first four years had more deportations than Trump’s term, which is incredible.”
The problem is that Congress eliminated funding for such ideas, begging the question, is he a tax and spend Republican?

Why don't we just figure out how to get Obama back and our problems are solved...

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic