Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Making students believe they’re about to die is not a lockdown drill. It’s abuse.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Making students believe they’re about to die is not a lockdown drill. It’s abuse.

Post by Taco » Wed May 24, 2023 4:47 pm

This is an interesting opinion piece. It's a shame that these drills are even necessary. I can remember having tornado drills and such when I was in school but nothing like this. School officials need to be very clear that they are doing a drill. No need to freak out and traumatize students needlessly.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opi ... -rcna85788

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Re: Making students believe they’re about to die is not a lockdown drill. It’s abuse.

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 24, 2023 5:05 pm

When I went to school I loved fire drills. A break from the routine, But we never had a shooter drill.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Taco

Re: Making students believe they’re about to die is not a lockdown drill. It’s abuse.

Post by Taco » Wed May 24, 2023 5:10 pm

Unfortunately these are becoming the norm and they shouldn't even be a thing. I didn't mind the drills either, a nice diversion out of class. We shouldn't have to change the way we live and we do things. But since the powers that be won't do anything to curb such violence, I guess it's up to us to make sure the kiddos stay safe.
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:05 pm
When I went to school I loved fire drills. A break from the routine, But we never had a shooter drill.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 pm

Our public schools are taking safety measures against military assault rifle attacks, but they don't let the "security advisors" get out of hand . Some of these guys are nutsola.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 pm

When I was a kid we did nuclear attack drills during the Cold war. They ramped up during the Cuban Missile crisis.
If you think about it that was several notches more serious.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 pm

Kids are dying for the right for mouth breathers to have guns.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed May 24, 2023 6:06 pm

Just had this happen a month or two downriver. A middle schooler from one district did a social media threat against a middle school in a neighboring district. He wasn't serious. Kids kidding back and forth.

The targeted school district closed for the day. The school district the threat came from didn't close. They did have the elementary students practicing how to secure the classroom. Made a game out of it. Kids had no idea what it was about.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 25, 2023 8:08 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 pm
When I was a kid we did nuclear attack drills during the Cold war. They ramped up during the Cuban Missile crisis.
I certainly hope the new drills are a little more productive than having the students crawl under their chairs like the nuclear attack drills we did.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:08 am
craig11152 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 pm
I certainly hope the new drills are a little more productive than having the students crawl under their chairs like the nuclear attack drills we did.
They can flip the desks on their side and hide behind them…. Even get exercise by having to move them.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri May 26, 2023 1:05 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:05 pm
Same!

Sadly, we've reached this point and honestly this is just the new normal, if something were to have been done about it, it would have been happened by now.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Fri May 26, 2023 3:59 am

Those DAMN fire drills at my school were quite scary until I left on May 23, 1985!!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri May 26, 2023 10:11 am

mattjr wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:59 am
Those DAMN fire drills at my school were quite scary until I left on May 23, 1985!!
The day you turned 16?

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 26, 2023 11:28 am

At every "gun free" location they should probably have signage posted saying something like "Targets located in here".

Maybe some folks would rethink those crazy policies.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 26, 2023 12:19 pm

Round Six wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:11 am
mattjr wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:59 am
The day you turned 16?
:lol :lol :lol

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri May 26, 2023 2:38 pm

I remember the nuke drills, years later I figured we weren't under the tables to survive, just to make it easier to find our remains.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic