Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Post by Bryce » Mon May 22, 2023 9:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:14 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:07 pm
I've been to 46 of the 50 states and everywhere down south, and once you get 5 miles inland off the ocean or the gulf, Florida is the most backward-ass hillbilly redneck state in the country.
This is why there have been travel advisories. Notice that the backward-ass hillbilly redneck types who post here can't understand this.
Say's a guy that lives near Buckley Mi.
Don't you know it. Thick with deplorables. But one village does not equate to an entire state with a leader bent of rolling back modern protections for Bipoc.
Was that you that drove your truck through the front door of that bar and proceeded to drive around inside breaking stuff because the owner pissed off the head of the Democrat Party?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 pm

For the record, here's what one of your fellow lefties thinks about this...
Geraldo Rivera ripped the National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People (NAALCP) over its Florida travel advisory Monday, calling it “a fear-mongering publicity stunt.”

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 10:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:08 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:13 am
Hispanics in Florida are mostly Cuban and they are a reliable Republican group. The headline would be them NOT voting for Republicans in higher numbers. I’m not sure if there is a similar element at play among blacks down there or not.
Have you ever asked yourself why specifically people from Cuba tend to vote Republican?
Those people fled the Castro regime largely when he came to power and the couple decades afterward.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon May 22, 2023 11:00 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:58 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Hispanics in Florida are mostly Cuban and they are a reliable Republican group. The headline would be them NOT voting for Republicans in higher numbers. I’m not sure if there is a similar element at play among blacks down there or not.
Have you ever asked yourself why specifically people from Cuba tend to vote Republican?
Those people fled the Castro regime largely when he came to power and the couple decades afterward.
It's almost that they knew first hand that leftist rule is shit! Imagine that!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 11:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:00 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:58 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
It's almost that they knew first hand that leftist rule is shit! Imagine that!
However other Hispanic folks don’t do that. This is particularly peculiar to Cuba.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 11:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:14 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 9:04 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:07 pm
I've been to 46 of the 50 states and everywhere down south, and once you get 5 miles inland off the ocean or the gulf, Florida is the most backward-ass hillbilly redneck state in the country.
This is why there have been travel advisories. Notice that the backward-ass hillbilly redneck types who post here can't understand this.
Say's a guy that lives near Buckley Mi.
Don't you know it. Thick with deplorables. But one village does not equate to an entire state with a leader bent of rolling back modern protections for Bipoc.
Was that you that drove your truck through the front door of that bar and proceeded to drive around inside breaking stuff because the owner pissed off the head of the Democrat Party?
Lol, how did I miss that? Sounds like Buckley

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue May 23, 2023 5:36 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:37 pm
For the record, here's what one of your fellow lefties thinks about this...
Geraldo Rivera ripped the National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People (NAALCP) over its Florida travel advisory Monday, calling it “a fear-mongering publicity stunt.”
To be fair, I couldn't stand Geraldo before. If ANYBODY knows a thing or two about publicity stunts, it's him.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue May 23, 2023 7:04 am

Geraldo knows nothing. Needs to go back to his talk show.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 am

BMW, these folks are having a hissy fit that DeSantis could be our next president, that is all.

I know several people that left Michigan for Florida after Whitmer UNILATERALLY locked the state down, and yet posters here are complaining about a place they don't even live in or know much about.

PS NAACP's attempt at becoming Trip Advisor for a whole state like Florida make them look silly. Did they issue a travel advisory for Detroit? Very Stupid.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 23, 2023 8:28 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 am
BMW, these folks are having a hissy fit that DeSantis could be our next president, that is all.

I know several people that left Michigan for Florida after Whitmer UNILATERALLY locked the state down, and yet posters here are complaining about a place they don't even live in or know much about.

PS NAACP's attempt at becoming Trip Advisor for a whole state like Florida make them look silly. Did they issue a travel advisory for Detroit? Very Stupid.
I struggle to comprehend how so many people can think the same way. How people can look at what people like Whitmer, Cuomo, and Newsom did to the people of their states and not only defend, but praise how they handled Covid - and then these same people act like DeSantis is so oppressive that other people should avoid his state is quite literally mind boggling to me. There is no comparison. What those governors did was the textbook definition of totalitarian rule. Whitmer was averaging more than an (ultimately unconstitutional) executive order a day, limiting people's personal freedoms.

Public schools were shut down in many places for upwards of 2 years. Basic math and literacy skills among elementary students affected by this are the lowest they've ever been. And people are going to ignore than and then sit here and tell me that DeSantis banning the teaching of one single subject in advanced placement classes or that the banning of a few sexually explicit books is detrimental to education. ARE YOU F---ING KIDDING ME? How can I conclude anything other than that these people are deranged? Their opinions are not the result of rational thought processes. We can have a debate over whether what DeSantis is doing is good or bad for education - fair enough. But if you can't recognize the damage that the people you supported have already done to education over the past few years, then you have no standing in this debate IMO.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 23, 2023 8:48 am

Oh, this is priceless...

Apparently, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the NAACP, Leon Russell, which issued the travel advisory, lives in Tampa, FL.

Florida GOP Chairman Christian Ziegler tweeted, “True leadership is being willing to do what you ask others to do … time to step up and MOVE. If you think our state is so bad, the @FloridaGOP will help with moving costs.”

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 23, 2023 8:51 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:48 am
Oh, this is priceless...

Apparently, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the NAACP, Leon Russell, which issued the travel advisory, lives in Tampa, FL.

Florida GOP Chairman Christian Ziegler tweeted, “True leadership is being willing to do what you ask others to do … time to step up and MOVE. If you think our state is so bad, the @FloridaGOP will help with moving costs.”
That's almost as priceless as the fact that TC Talks chooses to live in a place that is almost 90% white (and up until 2010 was less than 1% African-American).

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:27 am

audiophile wrote:

I have ZERO worry that will happen. If tRump isn't in prison by then, he will shellac the fat fucking meatball in the primary. Then, tRump will get beaten yet again in the general election. Even if he gets the nomination, he's losing the independent vote with his antics...

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 23, 2023 10:07 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:27 am
audiophile wrote:

I have ZERO worry that will happen. If tRump isn't in prison by then, he will shellac the fat fucking meatball in the primary. Then, tRump will get beaten yet again in the general election. Even if he gets the nomination, he's losing the independent vote with his antics...
Again, ethnic slurs are ok?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:25 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:07 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:27 am
audiophile wrote:

Again, ethnic slurs are ok?
Is that all you have, cunt? <-- I assume "cunt" is OK, as long as I'm not saying bad things about your favorite governor to fap to! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic