Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: NAACP warns African Americans, minority groups to avoid Florida

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 26, 2023 6:27 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 5:55 pm
Guaranteed more than you, but I never heard call themselves that...

About 10 of them produce Black History month documentaries, so they know their stuff.
What, are you out front counting them?

"1, 2, 3...okay that's enough! This is not Harlem!"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri May 26, 2023 6:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:23 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:13 pm
audiophile wrote:

About 10 of them produce Black History month documentaries, so they know their stuff.
You claim you have 10+ black friends?!?

I'm fucking Taylor Swift tonight.
Don't forget your condom. Or, did you mean that you're self identifying as Taylor Swift tonight?
LOL....nope, I meant the verb "fucking".

She's gonna finish her concert all sweaty and I'm gonna take those long legs and........

Let's get back on topic. Barack and his good buddy audiophile were discussing the value of today's NAACP, and......

The censorship king from out of state.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:22 pm

"I spoke to actual minorities..." :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri May 26, 2023 8:18 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:13 pm
Disney can easily expand in California. They don’t need Florida. It could happen.
Maybe a move to the heartland is in order. The state of Illinois has extended an inviting hand to the Walt Disney Company, suggesting that they bring their halted $1 billion development project to the Land of Lincoln. Who wouldn't want to see Mickey Mouse gallivanting through the streets of Chicago or Minnie Mouse munching on deep-dish pizza?

https://q985online.com/illinois-disney-development/

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 26, 2023 8:39 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:27 pm
audiophile wrote:

What, are you out front counting them?

"1, 2, 3...okay that's enough! This is not Harlem!"
Lol, those are just the ones that do history month stuff.

Heck just my church is over 50%.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri May 26, 2023 8:40 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:22 pm
"I spoke to actual minorities..."
Yes. Sounds like what audiophile does is gets out and talks to people. So many of the comments across this board indicate to me that y'all don't get out much. Your life is your tablet or other device.

What audiophile says is correct. Today, African Americans don't pay the NAACP much mind. There was a time when that wasn't true. They did great things. Unfortunately, now it's not much more than a cash cow for those in charge.

You folks should do what audiophile does and strike up a conversation face to face with people, instead of getting on social media and peeing back and forth like 7th grade girls. I truly believe with all my heart that about half of you need to sit down and read Dale Carnagie's book.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 26, 2023 8:59 pm

Round Six wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:40 pm
Motown322 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:22 pm
"I spoke to actual minorities..."
Yes. Sounds like what audiophile does is gets out and talks to people. So many of the comments across this board indicate to me that y'all don't get out much. Your life is your tablet or other device.

What audiophile says is correct. Today, African Americans don't pay the NAACP much mind. There was a time when that wasn't true. They did great things. Unfortunately, now it's not much more than a cash cow for those in charge.

You folks should do what audiophile does and strike up a conversation face to face with people, instead of getting on social media and peeing back and forth like 7th grade girls. I truly believe with all my heart that about half of you need to sit down and read Dale Carnagie's book.
Just like with so many other things, the con artists and hustlers and bullshitters found their way into power at the top and ruined what it used to be. Same could be said for some unions, too. It used to be a way to stop your employer from screwing you. Now they're in bed with the employer and just want a couple bucks. It's a bitch.

-TurkeyTop

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri May 26, 2023 9:57 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:59 pm
Just like with so many other things, the con artists and hustlers and bullshitters found their way into power at the top and ruined what it used to be. Same could be said for some unions, too. It used to be a way to stop your employer from screwing you. Now they're in bed with the employer and just want a couple bucks. It's a bitch.
I belonged to the same union Turkey retired from. When I first hired in, they did fight for you. Tooth and nail. Worked passionately to write the wrongs for fellow brothers and sisters.

The union slacking I seen recently wasn't so much the union intentionally being in bed with the company. But things did get a little cushy. Drive in passes so they didn't have to walk from one end of the mill to the other. Cooperative partnership "kumbaya" meetings. To an extent, the company had the grievance men running around coordinating and facilitating, instead of addressing issues.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat May 27, 2023 8:18 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:18 pm
Who wouldn't want to see Mickey Mouse gallivanting through the streets of Chicago

https://q985online.com/illinois-disney-development/
Gee, I hope not. There's a pretty good chance he'd get shot over the weekend.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 am

Yeah, I'm sure A multi-billion dollar corporation would voluntarily leave a state with a 5.5% corporate tax rate and go to a state with a 9.5% corporate tax rate (the 3rd highest in the nation).

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 27, 2023 9:55 am

This is where you are completely naive. First, every major corporation gets tax sanctions from the states. Ford just got billions from Michigan. Second, you go where the talent is and your proximity to your economy. Third, taxes get passed along to Consumers so it's just not a major consideration when it comes to where Corporation locates.

Did you choose where you're living based on taxes? Sounds like a fabricated problem to me.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:55 am
Taxes get passed along to Consumers so it's just not a major consideration when it comes to where Corporation locates.
Hmmm....that's a talking point of proponents of the FairTax.

And me personally, I don't make enough money for my location to really matter. But there are indeed people out there who choose live in certain states due to their tax policies.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 27, 2023 1:28 pm

I am shocked...SHOCKED that Montana doesn't have anything going on.

-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 27, 2023 7:57 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:23 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 6:13 pm
audiophile wrote:

You claim you have 10+ black friends?!?

I'm fucking Taylor Swift tonight.
Don't forget your condom. Or, did you mean that you're self identifying as Taylor Swift tonight?

If the latter, what song you gonna lip sync?
Did you turn gay?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 27, 2023 10:29 pm

Laugh all you want. 1989 was terrific album. I'll stand by that.

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic