Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Representative Cori Bush is a nutjob

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Representative Cori Bush is a nutjob

Post by bmw » Wed May 17, 2023 10:09 pm

Yes, the right has some nutjobs in the House of Representatives. And we hear about it almost daily from the mainstream media (and from people in here). But this nutjob on the left takes the cake.
"Squad" member Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., of the of House progressives, introduced a resolution Wednesday for $14 trillion in reparations to be distributed to American descendants of Black slaves.

A draft of the resolution, obtained by The Washington Post, reads "The United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its lasting harm on the lives of millions of Black people in the United States." The Post reported the resolution also "calls for $14 trillion for Black Americans to close the racial wealth gap that some reparations advocates say is the direct result of racist government policies."

Speaking to reporters at a news conference outside the Capitol on Wednesday, Bush suggested that funding the program could be achieved by cutting foreign and military spending.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cori- ... d/1120256/

Rate This

Re: Representative Cori Bush is a nutjob

Post by Rate This » Wed May 17, 2023 10:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:09 pm
Yes, the right has some nutjobs in the House of Representatives. And we hear about it almost daily from the mainstream media (and from people in here). But this nutjob on the left takes the cake.
"Squad" member Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., of the of House progressives, introduced a resolution Wednesday for $14 trillion in reparations to be distributed to American descendants of Black slaves.

A draft of the resolution, obtained by The Washington Post, reads "The United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its lasting harm on the lives of millions of Black people in the United States." The Post reported the resolution also "calls for $14 trillion for Black Americans to close the racial wealth gap that some reparations advocates say is the direct result of racist government policies."

Speaking to reporters at a news conference outside the Capitol on Wednesday, Bush suggested that funding the program could be achieved by cutting foreign and military spending.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cori- ... d/1120256/
Were this to happen some back of the envelope math says each black person in the U.S. would get $349,127.18… that doesn’t count anyone who is only a percentage… it’s unmanageable.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed May 17, 2023 10:29 pm

Newsmax, eh?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 17, 2023 10:41 pm

Marge and Lolo are apparently divorce twinsies. I'd boot them both for removing Tlaib and one of the other squad members. AOC can stay though.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 17, 2023 10:57 pm

On the nutjobbery scale, Cori Bush is a full blown 10, but AOC isn't far behind at a 9 and a half. To be fair, I'd rate MTG a 9.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu May 18, 2023 10:27 am

If I had a choice between The Squad and MTG and Boebert, it would be The Squad every time. I disagree with reparations though. Oh and Newsmax is trash.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:11 am

Taco wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:27 am
If I had a choice between The Squad and MTG and Boebert, it would be The Squad every time. I disagree with reparations though. Oh and Newsmax is trash.
If, after hearing about Jewish space lasers, one does not think MTG is 11/10 crazy, their MAGAt hat is on too tightly. (Though honestly, if you *DO* wear a MAGAt hat, you don't really have a need for blood-to-brain-cell transport...)
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu May 18, 2023 1:01 pm

MAGA's should be labeled as a terrorist organization IMO. They are doing irreparable harm to our nation.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Meanwhile....

In Iowa, Republican legislators introduced a bill in January to expand the types of work 14- and 15-year-olds would be permitted to do as part of approved training programs, extend allowable work hours, and exempt employers from liability if these young workers are sickened, injured or killed on the job.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:21 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:09 pm
Meanwhile....

In Iowa, Republican legislators introduced a bill in January to expand the types of work 14- and 15-year-olds would be permitted to do as part of approved training programs, extend allowable work hours, and exempt employers from liability if these young workers are sickened, injured or killed on the job.
Is it any surprise?? Republicans only care about the child UNTIL the moment they pop out of the vagina. After that, fuck 'em! They're on their own!
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 18, 2023 2:57 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 1:21 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Meanwhile....

Is it any surprise?? Republicans only care about the child UNTIL the moment they pop out of the vagina. After that, fuck 'em! They're on their own!
Oh, were going to play that game? Talk about digging your own hole...

What is worse Iowa (still) regulating 14-15 yr old hires, or killing before they come out the womb?

In Michigan some democrats encourage killing 'em before they get out womb as not affect the "work flow". I guess problem solved, turn those woman freaking machines like they did in communist countries at one point.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 18, 2023 5:13 pm

Send your weak sauce argument back for some prayerful reflection.

This does nothing but to allow unaccompanied immigrants (like Jesus was) to work dangerous agriculture jobs with little oversight. But they're not white so that's ok?

Keep rooting for evil, but God is watching.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 20, 2023 11:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Meanwhile....
Changing the subject. What a shock.

Why don't you tell us your thoughts on $14,000,000,000,000.00 worth of reparations?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat May 20, 2023 11:43 am

I feel like I've been hearing about reparations all of my life. Which, yes, hearts are in the right place. However, how many generations will pass before the thought ends? I've been hearing it since the late 80s as a kid. We're now in 2023. That's nearly 2 generations. How long will the question be asked?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 20, 2023 1:30 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 11:43 am
I feel like I've been hearing about reparations all of my life. Which, yes, hearts are in the right place. However, how many generations will pass before the thought ends? I've been hearing it since the late 80s as a kid. We're now in 2023. That's nearly 2 generations. How long will the question be asked?
I remember in college there was a very interesting course.. “The Invention of Race”… no matter what side you are on acknowledging its existence and pitting people against each other in a manufactured construct is what holds us back. Someone who wants reparations clearly won’t agree with me… neither would the klan. I for one no longer recognize race. Anyone before me is just a person. Until we can do that… we will do this in perpetuity.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic