Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Residents abandoning shithole cities post-Covid

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
teetoppz28

Re: Residents abandoning shithole cities post-Covid

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:15 pm
There are perfectly rational reasons to be deeply concerned about some of the changes that are rapidly happening in this country.
You're right:

1. Banning of books - instead of parents parenting and telling their child they can't check-out and read certain subjects, they want NO ONE to have access to those books.
2. Banning or severely limiting abortion - *I* don't agree with the premise of abortion, so NO ONE should have access to the procedures.
3. Banning / Discriminating against LGBTQ+ = *I* don't agree with that lifestyle, so *YOU* shouldn't be able to live *YOUR* own life as *YOU* wish.
4. Rioting at the Capitol - because your candidate lost and he says he won.
5. "Political persecution" - tRump is an immoral, law-breaking moron but when he goes to court to face his offenses... It'S a WiTcH hUnT!!

:lol:

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 22, 2023 2:46 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:37 pm
bmw wrote:
There are perfectly rational reasons to be deeply concerned about some of the changes that are rapidly happening in this country.
You're right:

1. Banning of books - instead of parents parenting and telling their child they can't check-out and read certain subjects, they want NO ONE to have access to those books.
2. Banning or severely limiting abortion - *I* don't agree with the premise of abortion, so NO ONE should have access to the procedures.
3. Banning / Discriminating against LGBTQ+ = *I* don't agree with that lifestyle, so *YOU* shouldn't be able to live *YOUR* own life as *YOU* wish.
5. "Political persecution" - tRump is an immoral, law-breaking moron but when he goes to court to face his offenses... It'S a WiTcH hUnT!!

Fifth grade logic at it's finest right there folks.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:46 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:37 pm
bmw wrote:
You're right:

Fifth grade logic at it's finest right there folks.
Exactly! Though, I think that's a stretch for tRumpanzees... 5th grade is post-doctoral education for them.

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 22, 2023 4:54 pm

bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:10 am
Let’s have a logical discussion… lots of the folks opposing all of the changes in society are scared to death in an irrational way based on what they are being told by people who know better but make tons of money off of it.
You mean like changing from Roe v. Wade being the law of the land to states now deciding the abortion issue? Is this the kind of change you're talking about?

Sarcasm aside, your position here comes off as one of moral superiority - that people who oppose the changes in society that you support can't think for themselves but instead form their opinions based on the money-driven opinions of others. There are perfectly rational reasons to be deeply concerned about some of the changes that are rapidly happening in this country.
Well, why are states changing child labor laws that put 13 year olds at risk?

Why are we creating laws with Christian-centric values?

Why are we trying to censor our libraries after generations have had protected speech?

70% of our country resides in a metro area. Our values should be and are centric to these people not rural people.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 22, 2023 10:59 pm

bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:10 am
Let’s have a logical discussion… lots of the folks opposing all of the changes in society are scared to death in an irrational way based on what they are being told by people who know better but make tons of money off of it.
You mean like changing from Roe v. Wade being the law of the land to states now deciding the abortion issue? Is this the kind of change you're talking about?

Sarcasm aside, your position here comes off as one of moral superiority - that people who oppose the changes in society that you support can't think for themselves but instead form their opinions based on the money-driven opinions of others. There are perfectly rational reasons to be deeply concerned about some of the changes that are rapidly happening in this country.
I’m listening to the misguided things they say to me which are ideas they clearly didn’t form on their own… how do I know that? Because it’s verbatim from your favorite local or national conservative media host. Usually they can’t articulate why they find it scary… just that they do. I’m talking low information here not some scholars someplace. The same holds true for the left to a degree but there is less of a developed media apparatus.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 7:30 pm
My advice? Stay as far away from my little town as possible. Try Imlay City, I hear it's full of your kind.
Funny thing. I had to go to Traverse City a few days ago. I noticed that I am not alone in my assessment. I saw a sign advertising an outlying subdivision that said something like "More Traverse, Less City".

But as I drove into town from I-75 on M-72, I thought of you running me out of town. Then I recalled a good friend of mine who was run out of Birmingham, AL by none other than Bull Connor. He was in exile in Michigan for around seven years, until Bull Connor was out of office, and soon passed away. May I remind you that Bull Connor was also a DEMOCRAT.

Also, my friend happened to be a radio guy too.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 7:30 pm
My advice? Stay as far away from my little town as possible. Try Imlay City, I hear it's full of your kind.
Funny thing. I had to go to Traverse City a few days ago. I noticed that I am not alone in my assessment. I saw a sign advertising an outlying subdivision that said something like "More Traverse, Less City".

But as I drove into town from I-75 on M-72, I thought of you running me out of town. Then I recalled a good friend of mine who was run out of Birmingham, AL by none other than Bull Connor. He was in exile in Michigan for around seven years, until Bull Connor was out of office, and soon passed away. May I remind you that Bull Connor was also a DEMOCRAT.

Also, my friend happened to be a radio guy too.
May I remind you he was a pre-realignment Democrat… they all gradually became Republicans starting just before he died in 1973.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 25, 2023 8:24 am

Again, 10 miles from Traverse City is the perfect place for you. And nobody is running anyone out of town here, all are welcome who can afford it and choose to be here. We just don't care for tourists that much.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic