Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DeSantis chases away 2000 jobs and a billion dollar investment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Colonel Flagg

Re: DeSantis chases away 2000 jobs and a billion dollar investment

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri May 19, 2023 9:48 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:48 pm
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:34 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 8:29 pm
I mean....when I was in Orlando last week, it was hard to justify coming back to a place that has 10 degree temperatures and 4 feet of snow..........
I agree. I had to come back to Detroit briefly during one of those bitter cold snaps. I didn't stay long. Winter Park is beautiful. Picture Birmingham and Bloomfield with palm trees...I just need a moat around our place, filled with alligators, to keep the relatives away. :rollin

As for Disney, and bringing people in from California, no thanks. The people from New York are good enough.
Ah yes, white suburban hell. Run with the dogs tonight in suburbia.
Hey, don't try to make friends with me... Orlando is over 40% Hispanic, and I love it. Enjoy your condo in Warren. I hear it's lovely this time of year. Take your chronic misery someplace else.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri May 19, 2023 9:51 am

...and hurricanes and alligators and BUGS, LOTS OF BUGS. And it's WAY TOO HOT for most folks for about 1/3 of the year!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 19, 2023 10:18 am

bmw wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:06 am
While what constitutes "good" weather is subjective, every list I can find using Google that ranks states by their overall weather ranks California #1, Hawaii #2, and Florida #3.

Moreover, 2021 was the first year (since 1972 anyways) where the state's population actually dropped, so this is a recent phenomenon. Has nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with people wanting to get the hell out of coastal cities ruined by the politics of Covid.

California has many problems. Its economy is also a lot bigger than Floridas. This is why the folks who want to kick it out of the Union are fools.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 19, 2023 12:30 pm

I'm simply providing evidence to support Matt's factually correct assertion.
Matt wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:27 pm
Florida has grown by leaps and bounds as people flee dem states. While DeSantis' fight with Disney is silly and unnecessary, you can't deny how well Florida is doing under his leadership.
California's population was steadily growing before Covid, as was Florida's. Both flat-lined during Covid, except that after Covid, Florida's resumed its upwards trajectory while California's went the other direction. It has nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with the politicians running each state. So TCT's suggestion that Florida's politicians are screwing the state while remaining silent on what is going on in places like California is disingenuous at best.

Moreover - I seem to recall RT promoting "states' rights" during the Portland protests/riots and the controversy over Trump sending in the feds to try to break up the riots - the argument being, leave us alone over here, it is none of your business what we do. Would the same logic not apply to Florida and the DeSantis vs. Disney controversey? Why is the media all up in arms over the Disney situation? Last night, it was the lead headline everywhere.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 19, 2023 1:16 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:30 pm
I'm simply providing evidence to support Matt's factually correct assertion.
Matt wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:27 pm
Florida has grown by leaps and bounds as people flee dem states. While DeSantis' fight with Disney is silly and unnecessary, you can't deny how well Florida is doing under his leadership.
California's population was steadily growing before Covid, as was Florida's. Both flat-lined during Covid, except that after Covid, Florida's resumed its upwards trajectory while California's went the other direction. It has nothing to do with the weather and everything to do with the politicians running each state. So TCT's suggestion that Florida's politicians are screwing the state while remaining silent on what is going on in places like California is disingenuous at best.

Moreover - I seem to recall RT promoting "states' rights" during the Portland protests/riots and the controversy over Trump sending in the feds to try to break up the riots - the argument being, leave us alone over here, it is none of your business what we do. Would the same logic not apply to Florida and the DeSantis vs. Disney controversey? Why is the media all up in arms over the Disney situation? Last night, it was the lead headline everywhere.
Apples and oranges. What Disney does and where they locate involving a man who is imminently going to announce for president and has been running in the shadow primary for months already is national news. All eyes are on him and what how he governs his state. That’s how people will judge what to do with him at the ballot box.

Portland could have burned to a crisp and here in Michigan nothing would have changed… a mere curiosity in comparison. We do a good job getting bent out of shape about violence in some other place involving people we will never see. Generalissimo DeSantis May lead all of us soon.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 19, 2023 1:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:16 pm
Apples and oranges. What Disney does and where they locate involving a man who is imminently going to announce for president and has been running in the shadow primary for months already is national news. All eyes are on him and what how he governs his state. That’s how people will judge what to do with him at the ballot box...
It's because he's a Republican, plain and simple. I'll wager you several paychecks that if Newsom throws his hat into the ring that he won't get near the level of scrutiny from the MSM for how he's running his state that DeSantis is getting and will continue to get. For instance, if Newsom runs for the Democratic nomination, do you think there will ever be a leading headline that points out California's population exodus? I wouldn't hold my breath.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 19, 2023 2:28 pm

Playing the Conservative Victim card... Good move. You have Fox to make you feel better.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 19, 2023 2:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:16 pm
Apples and oranges. What Disney does and where they locate involving a man who is imminently going to announce for president and has been running in the shadow primary for months already is national news. All eyes are on him and what how he governs his state. That’s how people will judge what to do with him at the ballot box...
It's because he's a Republican, plain and simple. I'll wager you several paychecks that if Newsom throws his hat into the ring that he won't get near the level of scrutiny from the MSM for how he's running his state that DeSantis is getting and will continue to get. For instance, if Newsom runs for the Democratic nomination, do you think there will ever be a leading headline that points out California's population exodus? I wouldn't hold my breath.
Newsom doesn’t have the scandal fodder DeSantis does. DeSantis TRIES to create controversy and Newsom doesn’t. Of course they would be treated differently. That’s like asking the media to treat a house fire and a car accident the exact same way using the same language. Ain’t gonna happen. California is having a small decline so far in its population… even by that pretty chart it’s barely a dip.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri May 19, 2023 3:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 2:48 pm
Newsom doesn’t have the scandal fodder DeSantis does. DeSantis TRIES to create controversy and Newsom doesn’t. Of course they would be treated differently. That’s like asking the media to treat a house fire and a car accident the exact same way using the same language. Ain’t gonna happen. California is having a small decline so far in its population… even by that pretty chart it’s barely a dip.
Perhaps you should ask Honeyman why even he won't vote for Newsom (or so he says anyways).

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 19, 2023 9:37 pm

It seems Republicans in Florida don't like DeSantis job losing tactics...

Big Brother government at it's worst.
Florida Sen. Joe Gruters, a former chairman of the state Republican Party, called Disney’s decision a H*** loss.

“I hope we can put this conflict behind us and get back to a more normal working relationship with a company that’s been one of our best business and tourism partners that we’ve had over the last 50 years,” Gruters said. “Two thousand jobs and a billion dollars worth of investments into our state, I would say that’s a serious blow. The market is much better at dealing with companies rather than heavy-handed government.”
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 3:19 pm
Rate This wrote:
Perhaps you should ask Honeyman why even he won't vote for Newsom (or so he says anyways).
You're wasting your breath on this kid - he'd probably call the French Laundry a "nothingburger". BTW, anyone who uses that phrase should IMMEDIATELY punched in the face. He gets all his opinions from dinger and the "vote master" at electoral-vote.com
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 20, 2023 5:11 am

Matt wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
You're wasting your breath on this kid - he'd probably call the French Laundry a "nothingburger". BTW, anyone who uses that phrase should IMMEDIATELY punched in the face. He gets all his opinions from dinger and the "vote master" at electoral-vote.com
What is a dinger?

And I read a lot more than just that. I don’t even have to have idiotic and overly acerbic opinions about sports to get there.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat May 20, 2023 5:59 am

DeSantis is bad for Florida and bad for America.

1. Unnecessary shit with Disney

2. A big contributor of the culture war

3. Reckless gun laws

4. Uses immigrants as a political pawns, bussing them to other northeast states

5. Pushes anti-gay laws

6. Book bans

If Floridians love all that then we have a problem Houston.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 20, 2023 7:34 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 5:11 am
Matt wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:00 pm
bmw wrote:
Rate This wrote:
What is a dinger?

And I read a lot more than just that. I don’t even have to have idiotic and overly acerbic opinions about sports to get there.
What exactly are my idiotic opinions on sports? Are you mad because I think baseball is a bore fest?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 20, 2023 7:37 am

Taco wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 5:59 am
DeSantis is bad for Florida and bad for America.

1. Unnecessary shit with Disney

2. A big contributor of the culture war

3. Reckless gun laws

4. Uses immigrants as a political pawns, bussing them to other northeast states

5. Pushes anti-gay laws

6. Book bans

If Floridians love all that then we have a problem Houston.
Get a clue, dipshit: https://www.myfloridacfo.com/news/newsl ... mic-growth

This is from 10 months ago, but since then DeSantis has been overwhelming reelected and Florida competently handled a few devastating hurricanes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic