Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon doesn't care for remote work fraud

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Elon doesn't care for remote work fraud

Post by Matt » Wed May 17, 2023 10:44 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: Elon doesn't care for remote work fraud

Post by bmw » Wed May 17, 2023 10:55 pm

I think it really depends on the person and on the job. I, for example, would be WAY LESS productive working from home than working on-site or in my office. But that's me.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 18, 2023 5:05 am

Wait until TT finds out about "laptop class".

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 18, 2023 5:46 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:05 am
Wait until TT finds out about "laptop class".
:lol :lol :lol

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 18, 2023 7:11 am

Elon Musk is a self-righteous twat. He has a face that is begging to be sucker punched.

More time can be spent on productive work when employees don't have to waste an hour or more daily stuck in traffic.

Employers can also dramatically reduce their real estate footprint and reduce spending on office supplies.

Elon is just annoyed by the fact he didn't have the foresight to spearhead the technology that supports remote work. Because he's not the one profiting from this paradigm shift, he whines constantly about it.

Less commuting = smaller demand for new car purchases and smaller demand for Tesla charging stations.

Thus, I find his concern about "fairness" to be completely disingenuous.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:02 am

My wife and I both work remotely. Our productivity is magnitudes more than if we had to commute, sit in an office cubicle, chit-chat with boring co-workers, then commute back home. It also allows us to be snowbirds and even have "working vacations" while on the beach. I don't think either of us will ever willingly go back to an office.

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu May 18, 2023 12:08 pm

We both also work remotely. This change in environment has afforded us the ability to each claim 10 hours a week back into our lives without a commute. We have more time to take care of other things, and it has been a defacto raise without the need to burn gasoline. We are also able to flexibly travel and visit family we wouldn't be able to if we were locked in a company designated office every day.

I have become much more productive since being remote, and my boss, the owner of the company, knows that and wants to keep this arrangement. How do I know? He tells me, repeatedly. I can more effectively eliminate distractions at home and organize my work flow without the constant distraction of people "popping into my office". The funny thing is, I actually work MORE now on average per week than I did in the office because when I worked at the office, I itched to get out of there at 5 and try to beat traffic. Now I get my hours in, plus some, and stop when I feel like it. My family has been contemplating a move a considerable distance away, and with this arrangement, by boss told me this is no issue and I can keep my job. That wouldn't have been possible with an in-person office mandate that isn't necessary for our business.

Moral issue my ass, I don't need to live up to Elon Musk's standards. The nature of some jobs and businesses require in person, I acknowledge that, and some just... don't. I do miss some of the regular in-person interactions with coworkers, but not enough to go back to the office, which I can't see myself doing again.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu May 18, 2023 12:13 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:08 pm
We both also work remotely. This change in environment has afforded us the ability to each claim 10 hours a week back into our lives without a commute. We have more time to take care of other things, and it has been a defacto raise without the need to burn gasoline. We are also able to flexibly travel and visit family we wouldn't be able to if we were locked in a company designated office every day.

I have become much more productive since being remote, and my boss, the owner of the company, knows that and wants to keep this arrangement. How do I know? He tells me, repeatedly. I can more effectively eliminate distractions at home and organize my work flow without the constant distraction of people "popping into my office". The funny thing is, I actually work MORE now on average per week than I did in the office because when I worked at the office, I itched to get out of there at 5 and try to beat traffic. Now I get my hours in, plus some, and stop when I feel like it. My family has been contemplating a move a considerable distance away, and with this arrangement, by boss told me this is no issue and I can keep my job. That wouldn't have been possible with an in-person office mandate that isn't necessary for our business.

Moral issue my ass, I don't need to live up to Elon Musk's standards. The nature of some jobs and businesses require in person, I acknowledge that, and some just... don't. I do miss some of the regular in-person interactions with coworkers, but not enough to go back to the office, which I can't see myself doing again.
My employer closed our office during COVID, so everyone was able to work remotely (we already were prior). Since the ending of the pandemic, they sold their old 60k ft^2 office and bought one that is ~2k ft^2, as only 5/120 employees wanted to come back to in-person work. And daily, most of them don't even show up to the office!

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu May 18, 2023 12:19 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:13 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:08 pm

My employer closed our office during COVID, so everyone was able to work remotely (we already were prior). Since the ending of the pandemic, they sold their old 60k ft^2 office and bought one that is ~2k ft^2, as only 5/120 employees wanted to come back to in-person work. And daily, most of them don't even show up to the office!
Sounds like a similar story. The nature of our work is mostly remote - we are professional consultants for financial institutions. Every day, even before the pandemic, workers are remote, but we in admin and leadership were the only ones to regularly utilize a physical office. We have been doing remote work for years, but never 100% until the pandemic, which also prompted us to downsize our office space. I lost my office because I chose to permanently relocate home. Fine. We use the office for team events or collaboration that would be more difficult over Zoom, such as training. Most of the time, the office is empty, and I've been lobbying to get rid of it completely for a while now.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 18, 2023 5:29 pm

I have been working remotely for 26 years. It used to be MS Server 2002 and an ISDN, but today, the world comes to me.

I make more than office workers, have more free time, better dress code, and my company saves tens of thousands a year.

IMO a radio station doesn't need studios, sales offices, traffic department, etc.

They need a conference room and a small cave for the engineers.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 18, 2023 5:51 pm

Too many enginerds are too religious.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 18, 2023 6:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:51 pm
Too many enginerds are too religious.
At least here. I don't get it; fact based humans getting caught up in wizardrly nonsense.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic