Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon Musk Taken In By A Pretty Face

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
teetoppz28

Re: Elon Musk Taken In By A Pretty Face

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:22 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 12:39 pm
If I were you, I'd do what's best for you. Weren't you homeschooled with no post secondary education?

I'm sticking with people with years of expertise and degrees in Engineering. I know a kid who just graduated with a degree in micro engineering. I am confident he knows more about this than you. That is why he was hired by a major ev company.
Reminds me of how the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, drooling tRumpanzees were suddenly:

1. Expert virologists during the pandemic
2. Constitutional law experts during the ElEcTiOn WaS sToLeN bullshit
3. Criminal and Civil law experts now that the obese orange face is finally getting charged with his wrong-doings

:rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am

This kid has it figured out. For many of you, this would be an appropriate name calling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saMy_JY3I7M

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 9:46 am

I'm seeing a pattern here - and it is the same tactics the left used during the early days of Covid. The left wants control of everything, thinks it knows best about everything, and when there's obvious problems that anybody with 2 eyes can see with what the left is doing, its tactic is to simply pretend like the problems don't exist and belittle those who call out the problems as morons who aren't qualified to call out said problems for the reason that they need a degree (from leftist institutions, of course) to have a legitimate opinion. And EVEN WHEN someone from the right possesses that degree, then the attack is "well, most scientists think otherwise."

And with Covid, the left got all kinds of things wrong and many of the concerns raised by the right ended up panning out to be largely true. The same is correct with Lithium batteries. Anybody with 2 eyes can watch any of a number of various videos of these things on fire and figure out how dangerous they are.

The fires are admittedly rare. My bigger concern is the extra weight they add to the car - we're talking vehicles now in excess of 6,000 pounds - and how dangerous this amount of moving mass is to other people on the road. I'm not alone. https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/as-hea ... -on-safety

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:46 am
I'm seeing a pattern here - and it is the same tactics the left used during the early days of Covid. The left wants control of everything, thinks it knows best about everything, and when there's obvious problems that anybody with 2 eyes can see with what the left is doing, its tactic is to simply pretend like the problems don't exist and belittle those who call out the problems as morons who aren't qualified to call out said problems for the reason that they need a degree (from leftist institutions, of course) to have a legitimate opinion. And EVEN WHEN someone from the right possesses that degree, then the attack is "well, most scientists think otherwise."

And with Covid, the left got all kinds of things wrong and many of the concerns raised by the right ended up panning out to be largely true. The same is correct with Lithium batteries. Anybody with 2 eyes can watch any of a number of various videos of these things on fire and figure out how dangerous they are.

The fires are admittedly rare. My bigger concern is the extra weight they add to the car - we're talking vehicles now in excess of 6,000 pounds - and how dangerous this amount of moving mass is to other people on the road. I'm not alone. https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/as-hea ... -on-safety
Ok… let’s do this slowly… 6000 pounds is pretty light considering we have gravel trains in excess of 120,000 pounds running around. 6000 pounds is also the weight of a current large pickup. If you’re gonna pick a hill to die on this ain’t it. Unless you think we should revisit commercial vehicle use… don’t go here. Have you seen a freeway around the Detroit area… there are more cars than trucks practically… sometimes a spade is a spade…. You’re a moron… you deserve endless ridicule for arguing that batteries make the cars too heavy and 6000 pounds is somehow dangerous with vehicles 20 times heavier all over the place.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:19 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am
Ok… let’s do this slowly… 6000 pounds is pretty light considering we have gravel trains in excess of 120,000 pounds running around. 6000 pounds is also the weight of a current large pickup. If you’re gonna pick a hill to die on this ain’t it. Unless you think we should revisit commercial vehicle use… don’t go here. Have you seen a freeway around the Detroit area… there are more cars than trucks practically… sometimes a spade is a spade…. You’re a moron… you deserve endless ridicule for arguing that batteries make the cars too heavy and 6000 pounds is somehow dangerous with vehicles 20 times heavier all over the place.
It wasn't all that long ago there were NUMEROUS complaints from the lefties that those large pickups and SUVs were a "threat" to them and created a danger when riding in their gas-saving small vehicles. Do a little searching around and you'll find numerous articles.

And everyone knows about the big semis. Just ask Mike Morris or the Bernstein clan. They've always been heavy, and now they're going to get heavier as they try and migrate to electric power too. Just watch for the upcoming move to raise the max weights to compensate for their heavier batteries.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 10:22 am

Maybe when the FAA allows Lithium batteries on passenger airplanes, without restrictions, it will be more convincing. Then we can all quit flying.

"Size Limits for Lithium Batteries: Passengers are permitted to travel with lithium ion batteries that contain a maximum of 160-watt hours per battery. Any lithium ion battery containing more than 160-watt hours is prohibited from carriage on all passenger aircraft."

Can you imagine how unsafe it would be if you listened to your FM radio that used Lithium batteries on a plane?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 10:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am
You're right, let's do this slowly.

p=mv (momentum equals mass times velocity)

Average weight of a passenger vehicle in 1980: 3228 lbs
Average weight today: 4094 lbs
Weight of an electric vehicle - I can't find an average, but there are many electric trucks that weigh 6,000-6,500 lbs.

Speed limit on interstate in 1980: 55 MPH
Highest speed limits on interstate today: 75 MPH

3228 lbs x 55 MPH = 177,450
6500 lbs x 75 MPH = 487,500

And this doesn't even take into consideration the increase in braking time, the increase in distractions people have in their cars, or the fact that speed limit enforcement is quite laxed these days with 80-85 MPH being common driving speeds on interstate.

So unless you have some evidence to suggest that the heavy commercial vehicles you refer to are the ones out causing the majority of accidents, I suggest you tone down your arrogance just a tad. Bringing up commercial vehicles was a red herring and you know it. You know that I'm talking about the increase in what I call "monster trucks" on the road, driven disproportionately by aggressive male drivers, who often aren't paying attention to the road.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon May 15, 2023 10:55 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:41 pm
Elon Musk has apparently been taken in by a pretty face, who has extreme Left Wing views, and is very pro censorship, anti First Amendment, who he wants for CEO of Twitter. What is he thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnHxYcB9j8&t=72s
You're kidding right? The new Twitter CEO is pretty conservative, even a Trump fan.
Them.us wrote:she’s also a former Trump appointee, having been given a spot on the President's Council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition from 2018 to 2020. And when Twitter users started looking into Yaccarino’s follows on the platform she’s about to inherit, that vague connection to conservatism became a lot more conspicuous. Yaccarino also follows a long list of far-right accounts, from fellow Trump alumni and well-known ideologues to random MAGA chuds and extremists. Among her follows are several GOP politicians like Ron DeSantis, Rand Paul, and Tim Scott; former Trump administration members Mike Pompeo, Kayleigh McEnany, and Linda McMahon; Fox news pundit Jesse Watters; and Joe Rogan, the least self-aware man, even in the world of podcasting. She’s also a follower of Bari Weiss, the former New York Times editor notable in recent months for publishing allegations of malpractice at a pediatric gender clinic that many families have alleged to be untruthful
And I can't find the link right now, but she fangirlled over Trump at the debate hosted by NBC.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 11:16 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:38 am
p=mv (momentum equals mass times velocity)

Average weight of a passenger vehicle in 1980: 3228 lbs
Average weight today: 4094 lbs
Weight of an electric vehicle - I can't find an average, but there are many electric trucks that weigh 6,000-6,500 lbs.

Speed limit on interstate in 1980: 55 MPH
Highest speed limits on interstate today: 75 MPH

3228 lbs x 55 MPH = 177,450
6500 lbs x 75 MPH = 487,500
Physics nit-pick: Your momentum calculation is using weight, not mass. :razz

And, for the love of God, use the metric system! :rollin

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 12:00 pm

The metric system was based on one meter being one ten millionth of the distance between the equator and the north pole. Isn't that kind of earth centric? And why TEN million? Do aliens on other planets have ten fingers? Point is, everything is arbitrary.

Whatever units you use, momentum is mass times velocity, and we live on earth, so Mass=Weight here.

Your argument sounds like you just took the new woke Physics 101.

-Author Unknown

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:03 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 12:00 pm
Whatever units you use, momentum is mass times velocity, and we live on earth, so Mass=Weight here.
Mass != weight. Weight = mass * gravity. Therefore, mass = weight / gravity. And gravity, in this case, is 9.8 m/s^2. Being on Earth has NOTHING to do with mass, but EVERYTHING to do with weight.

I have a graduate degree in ECE, so I've taken many physics classes.

But you do you, poorly-educated tRumpanzee.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon May 15, 2023 2:05 pm

LOL! Doesn't know the difference between weight and mass and why it matters, and refers to physics as "woke"? I guess someone isn't a rocket scientist. LOL I gotta get off the internet.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 2:12 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:05 pm
LOL! Doesn't know the difference between weight and mass and why it matters, and refers to physics as "woke"? I guess someone isn't a rocket scientist. LOL I gotta get off the internet.
"Woke" is a term tRumpanzees use when they see something new and scary that they don't understand... So basically anything above a Kindergarten-level education.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon May 15, 2023 2:16 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:12 pm
ZenithCKLW wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 2:05 pm
"Woke" is a term tRumpanzees use when they see something new and scary that they don't understand... So basically anything above a Kindergarten-level education.
Freakin ROFLcopter. And this is why I just can't take some people seriously, along with the movements and theories they believe in.

I'm not trying to be mean, but geez-o-pete.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon May 15, 2023 2:37 pm

On this planet, weight and mass are commonly used interchangeably, since little g is a constant here on earth like you acknowledge, 9.8 m/s^2. Both are measured in kilograms (or pounds) here on earth for all practical matters. 1 lb is ~2.2 kg. The squiggle is to satisfy your unusual demand for accuracy. Your argument is just pedantic for all useful calculations, unless you go to the moon, which is probably the furthest any of us will conceivably be in our lifetimes. Maybe you're planning to deal drugs on another planet where you're planning to rip them off because the g force is different? Kind of like jewelry stores who use a different diamond color scale to rip engaged couples off?

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic