Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Elon Musk Taken In By A Pretty Face

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Elon Musk Taken In By A Pretty Face

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 6:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:53 pm
Nowhere else in America is there a discussion like this one. I showed this to a recent MTU graduate who works for Stellantis on EV and he thought it was hilarious. Find someone with expertise before trying to get in an argument about things you shouldn't. I know a bit after putting solar on an RV and having worked on an EV hobby project for 6 months and I still wouldn't try to have this discussion.

Someday remember this thread and be embarrassed.
If you think 6500 pounds of metal flying down the highway at 85 MPH doesn't pose a danger to other drivers, then you and your MTU graduate are both idiots.

My point is, since you obviously missed it, that if government can, by force, take away people's rights and lock them down over a virus, all in the name of saving lives, then certainly government can do things to make driving safer rather than more dangerous. And it is indisputable that the heavier a vehicle is moving at the same speed, the more damage it can cause when it gets in a wreck. Do you dispute this? So you offset this increased danger by making the vehicle travel slower. That is basic physics, and should be a solution promoted by the left.
Last edited by bmw on Mon May 15, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 6:01 pm

teetoppz28 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:37 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:32 pm
:roll:

The ratio is the same no matter whether you use mass or weight or use metric or not. An electric truck today, at expressway speeds, has 2.75 the momentum of an average 1980 vehicle on the expressway at the time.
That's why I started my post with "Physics nit-pick" as it was a tongue-in-cheek correction. Plus, I even added an emoji for extra effect.

Jesus fucking Christ, some people are sensitive.
The eyeroll wasn't directed at that post, but rather the next one where you played your "I have a degree and everyone else is a moron" card.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:21 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 6:01 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
bmw wrote:

The ratio is the same no matter whether you use mass or weight or use metric or not. An electric truck today, at expressway speeds, has 2.75 the momentum of an average 1980 vehicle on the expressway at the time.
That's why I started my post with "Physics nit-pick" as it was a tongue-in-cheek correction. Plus, I even added an emoji for extra effect.

The eyeroll wasn't directed at that post, but rather the next one where you played your "I have a degree and everyone else is a moron" card.
Then maybe take a class on using Internet forums to learn how to post the eye roll as a response to THAT post…

And when forum morons (hilariously and ineptly) attempt to educate me in a scientific field I use on a daily basis in my day job, yes I will pull out the degree card. Especially on basic scientific principles of mass and weight.

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:39 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 6:01 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
bmw wrote:

Or maybe you are part of the “Woke Physics 101” clan? Were your feelings hurt by scientifically-proven facts, in which you do not understand? In that case, scary physics is completely “woke.”

:rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 15, 2023 10:02 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 6:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Nowhere else in America is there a discussion like this one. I showed this to a recent MTU graduate who works for Stellantis on EV and he thought it was hilarious. Find someone with expertise before trying to get in an argument about things you shouldn't. I know a bit after putting solar on an RV and having worked on an EV hobby project for 6 months and I still wouldn't try to have this discussion.

If you think 6500 pounds of metal flying down the highway at 85 MPH doesn't pose a danger to other drivers, then you and your MTU graduate are both idiots.

My point is, since you obviously missed it, that if government can, by force, take away people's rights and lock them down over a virus, all in the name of saving lives, then certainly government can do things to make driving safer rather than more dangerous. And it is indisputable that the heavier a vehicle is moving at the same speed, the more damage it can cause when it gets in a wreck. Do you dispute this? So you offset this increased danger by making the vehicle travel slower. That is basic physics, and should be a solution promoted by the left.
COVID is your Vietnam isn't it? Someone should sell "I survived the oppression" patches, get one for your camo jacket.

And this:
https://www.mcicoach.com/coach/j-series/specs/
(This bus holds 1850 pounds of fuel alone)

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 15, 2023 10:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:02 pm
bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 6:00 pm
TC Talks wrote:

COVID is your Vietnam isn't it? Someone should sell "I survived the oppression" patches, get one for your camo jacket.

And this:
https://www.mcicoach.com/coach/j-series/specs/
(This bus holds 1850 pounds of fuel alone)
54,000 pounds of metal running right at bmw. My point is that there are many things you could be critical about. Weight just isn’t one of them.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 10:56 pm

Simple question to both of you: Would lowering the nation's speed limit to 55 (or even 65) save lives? Simple yes or no.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 15, 2023 11:07 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:56 pm
Simple question to both of you: Would lowering the nation's speed limit to 55 (or even 65) save lives? Simple yes or no.
No. Folks would fly anyways.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 15, 2023 11:17 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:56 pm
I fail to see the relationship

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon May 15, 2023 11:33 pm

Fine. I'll ask the question differently: Would people VOLUNTARILY driving slower save lives?

As an aside, I'm fascinated by both of your refusals to acknowledge that that the faster people drive, the more people die.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 15, 2023 11:53 pm

I know this to be the case, just like mandatory gun locks also save lives.

Nothing to do with reducing carbon emissions from vehicles

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 16, 2023 12:52 am

bmw wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:33 pm
Fine. I'll ask the question differently: Would people VOLUNTARILY driving slower save lives?

As an aside, I'm fascinated by both of your refusals to acknowledge that that the faster people drive, the more people die.
Sure if they did so voluntarily… I’m just solving the puzzle to its conclusion instead of unrealistically speculating. When speed limits were lowered to 55 from 70 to save gas people simply kept on driving fast…

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:32 am

Tesla’s Record Run Drives Nearly $200 Billion Jump in Value:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... r-AA1cl84e

I guess the 44 billion for twitter is in the rear-view mirror.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:55 pm
54,000 pounds of metal running right at bmw. My point is that there are many things you could be critical about. Weight just isn’t one of them.
A CBS article today suggests that battery weight may indeed be a safety problem.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/electric-v ... y-battery/
When asked if she was concerned it could lead to more deaths on the road, Homendy answered, "Absolutely it could. There's not a focus on the safety aspect of this."

The average vehicle on the roads as of mid-2023 weighed around 4,300 pounds, according to government data, but some newer large EVs weigh thousands of pounds more. That difference, crash experts say, matters.

According to a 2011 study published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, a 1,000-pound difference between vehicles results in a 47% increase in the likelihood that a crash turns deadly.

"A 7,000-pound vehicle hitting a 4,000-pound SUV, the impact on that smaller vehicle is going to be quite significant," said Arbelaez. "It is going to be a more severe crash with more intrusion and higher levels of injury."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:42 pm

You better just stay in the basement and order pizza in.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic