Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democrats and independent voters alarmed over new allegations against biden family

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Democrats and independent voters alarmed over new allegations against biden family

Post by audiophile » Thu May 11, 2023 4:22 pm

I don't think anyone has a problem with folks working and making an honest living, but business setup looks fishy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1b4c1q

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Re: Democrats and independent voters alarmed over new allegations against biden family

Post by Rate This » Thu May 11, 2023 4:38 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 4:22 pm
I don't think anyone has a problem with folks working and making an honest living, but business setup looks fishy.

Looks kinda weak to me...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Democrats and independent voters alarmed over new allegations against biden family

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 11, 2023 4:58 pm

Published by Faux News. Enough said,

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 11, 2023 5:07 pm

audiophile wrote:

Says the news source that loses defamation suits...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 12, 2023 10:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:07 pm
audiophile wrote:

Says the news source that loses defamation suits...
So I guess you don't trust anything reported by a Comcast Corporation outlet either?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 12, 2023 11:24 am

I trust MY corporate entity that tells me what I want to hear, but I don’t trust YOURS.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 12, 2023 12:11 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:24 am
I trust MY corporate entity that tells me what I want to hear, but I don’t trust YOURS.
Good. We didn’t want you clued into our expertise no way no how anyhow.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 12, 2023 2:56 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
This is classic Fox... Show me any facts here:
Democrats and independent voters alarmed over new allegations against Biden family: 'Could be treasonous'

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri May 12, 2023 3:47 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:56 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
This is classic Fox... Show me any facts here:
Democrats and independent voters alarmed over new allegations against Biden family: 'Could be treasonous'
My favorite was always "some say" or "some are saying..."
Well...who? Specific?

The sad thing is, you can take any statement and turn it into that.

"The sky is blue"

"Some are saying the sky is green"

"Joe Biden allegedly thinks the sky could be purple"

All that needs to be done is to sew the seeds of doubt. Once you've done that, you're golden. Because then it spreads like wildfire and then there's a whole contingent of people who not only think that the sky is green, but who will believe the sky being blue is a witch hunt, a liberal conspiracy or that Hillary did it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 13, 2023 7:24 am

Just before the press conference, Comer and Republican lawmakers released a more-than-30-page memo Wednesday morning revealing newly-subpoenaed bank records that they say show that the Biden family and its business associates created more than 20 companies and received more than $10 million from foreign nationals while Joe Biden served as vice president and that some of the payments could indicate attempts by the Biden family to "peddle influence."

The memo said the Biden family "used business associates’ companies to receive millions of dollars from foreign companies," including from those with links to the Chinese Communist Party and a corrupt individual in Romania, and "received incremental payments over time to different bank accounts."
Well the question I have (which is not addressed at all by the Fox News article) is this:

For what purposes were those payments sent? In other words, were legitimate (and legal) business goods or services exchanged at fair market value, or did these remittances amount to handouts?

There is no requirement that family members of a sitting elected official must discontinue business dealings with foreign entities or nations. There are no sanctions relative to the ability of U.S. persons (including corporations and business entities) to conduct business with China or Romania, save for sanctions against a specific list of companies in China.

That being said, there are very clear requirements that a sitting office holder cannot use his or her office for private gain or for the private gain of friends, family or relatives. The concern seems to be that Joe Biden was using his post (as Vice President at the time) to reap benefits for his children, and possibly, for himself.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-5/ch ... n-2635.702

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 13, 2023 9:13 am

It's time for Al to write another book.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 13, 2023 10:24 am

Al Franken is a jackass; no thanks.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 7:24 am
For what purposes were those payments sent? In other words, were legitimate (and legal) business goods or services exchanged at fair market value, or did these remittances amount to handouts?
I'm actually most curious about the sale of Hunder Biden's artwork that has been selling for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Of course, nobody will spill the beans on who is actually buying it or even what artwork has actually sold.
Unlike last year’s debut of Biden’s artistic oeuvre, which was by invitation only, the new show, “Haiku,” is open to the public and features much stronger works, according to Biden’s gallerist Georges Berges.

“I want everyone to see his art,” Berges told The Post.

“The first [show] was successful,” said Berges. “We achieved what we wanted from that exhibition. This exhibition shows a stronger confidence.”

Berges has refused to elaborate on which paintings sold and who the buyers were. Paintings in last year’s show ranged from $75,000 for works on paper to $500,000 for large canvases.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/10/nyc-galle ... blic-show/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 13, 2023 12:42 pm

Get back to us when he's charged, otherwise it's gossip and useless. Again, facts are better than your weak sauce claims.
NEW YORK, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump and his adult children were sued on Wednesday for what New York state's attorney general called numerous acts of fraud and misrepresentation, accused of misstating the values of real estate properties to obtain favorable loans and tax benefits.

The lawsuit, filed in a New York state court in Manhattan, accused the Trump Organization of wrongdoing in preparing Trump's annual statements of financial condition from 2011 to 2021. It also named as defendants the Trump Organization - a family company that manages hotels, golf courses and other real estate around the world - as well as the former president's sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump and his daughter Ivanka Trump.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat May 13, 2023 1:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 10:24 am
Al Franken is a jackass; no thanks.
Maybe so… but as a Senator he was actually pretty serious and diligent about it…. He wasn’t a grandstander like Ted Cruz.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic