Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump found guilty on all charges except rape

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Trump found guilty on all charges except rape

Post by audiophile » Wed May 10, 2023 6:38 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:34 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:06 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:03 pm
"Convicted"? What has Trump been "convicted" of?
indicted, fraudulent, soon to be convicted,

Does that make you feel better about the nut job?
I thought the left hated "misinformation." How is saying that Trump was "convicted" or "found guilty" anything other than misinformation?
Found liable is a good indicator that he did something.
Maybe, or the jurors could have felt sorry for her. 6 jurors falls way short of criminal conviction requirements.

As an example of feeling sorry for her this what her lawyer said: “What is the price for decades of living alone without companionship, for having no one to cook dinner with, no one to walk your dog with, no one to watch TV with, and for feeling for decades like you are dirty and unworthy,” Kaplan said. “I’m not going to put a number on that for you.”

This will be appealed, and my guess Trump will never pay.

The complainant couldn't even remember what year it occurred in, that alone grounds for appeal.
Last edited by audiophile on Wed May 10, 2023 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 10, 2023 6:45 am

bmw wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:51 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:06 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:03 pm
"Convicted"? What has Trump been "convicted" of?
indicted, fraudulent, soon to be convicted,
Does that make you feel better about the nut job?
I thought the left hated "misinformation." How is saying that Trump was "convicted" or "found guilty" anything other than misinformation?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 10, 2023 10:55 am

I think the best interpretation is somewhere in the middle of the TDS reaction and the TrumpForever reaction: this particular decision doesn't even come close to proving Trump did assault the accuser, but he put himself in a position where there is the perception that this could have happened. TrumpForever needs to come to the realization that Trump was a TERRIBLE president - any conservative victories in the Trump era occurred in spite of Trump, not because of him. How many elections does this motherfuckers have to hurt Republicans in before you realize he is toxic and unfit for office? This is independent of the carcass of Joe Biden or anyone else the left throws out there.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed May 10, 2023 1:42 pm

Maybe, or the jurors could have felt sorry for her. 6 jurors falls way short of criminal conviction requirements.
There were nine people on the jury and the verdict was unanimous.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 10, 2023 2:01 pm

I'm a little uncertain about the position of the Trump defenders here. Is it that the jury got it wrong and it didn't really happen? Or that it did happen but it's no big deal?

Trump's defense that it couldn't have happened because she's not his type can't be very reassuring for other women who may be his type.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 11, 2023 8:17 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:01 pm
I'm a little uncertain about the position of the Trump defenders here. Is it that the jury got it wrong and it didn't really happen? Or that it did happen but it's no big deal?

Trump's defense that it couldn't have happened because she's not his type can't be very reassuring for other women who may be his type.
This would be like you saying "She's not even in a union! I would NEVER!"

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 11, 2023 8:59 am

To be clear, I didn't "defend" Trump. My criticism was of the incorrect language used here by the OP and by TCT of "guilty" and "convicted." Those terms only apply to criminal trials. Even the media has been careful to avoid usage of those terms. Language matters.

That said, as AP noted, the "victim" here couldn't even remember what year the alleged assault took place. It would be difficult for me as a juror to say her allegations were more likely than not factually accurate when she can't even remember one of the most basic details, especially considering she waited more than 25 years to bring suit.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 11, 2023 9:03 am

Matt wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:17 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 2:01 pm

This would be like you saying "She's not even in a union! I would NEVER!"
No. To suggest there is a type of woman I would never rape, implies there is a type I would rape.
I would never rape any woman of any type.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic