Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Debt Limit..

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Re: The Debt Limit..

Post by Taco » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:12 am

The bill passed the senate overnight. Overall, more Dems voted than Republicans.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:54 am

I was surprised by the number of Republicans who voted in opposition. I do suspect a handful would've flipped their votes had passage been in jeopardy. The no votes allow them to save face with the so-called "base."

A much higher percentage of GOP House members voted yes than GOP Senators.

I was especially surprised to see Rubio vote "no."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... nt-result/

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:28 am

An article I read this morning summed that up like this, " since the Senate couldn't pass a measure they had to be bystanders to the House measure and simply rubber stamp it".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic