Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

America’s Commander-in-Chief just laid another egg.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: America’s Commander-in-Chief just laid another egg.

Post by audiophile » Tue May 09, 2023 11:03 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:39 am
audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:14 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:32 pm
I have a 4200 pound engine that produces 210 hp. It was used during W. W. II in Dukw's and Duces. Today you can deliver that horsepower in less than 400 pounds.

Until we are challenged to improve electric we can't realize it's potential. This is what darpa is for.

Do you work for big oil, or does your God tell you it's your purpose to defend it to the world?
I notice you weren't quoting an electric motor producing 210 hp that weighed 400 pounds, because the battery pack would weight 8000+ pounds to give a tank adequate distance.

This is basic physics and common sense. The battlefield is not the place to be experimenting with woke ideas on a forced 2030 deadline.

PS how is the GMC Hummer EV working out? 3000 pound battery on vehicle they can't hardly get off the ground.
The GMC Hummer EV gets 300+ miles of range, you plug it in every night and most people don’t drive that far daily. Plus you get most of that back when you charge for 30 minutes which on a trip is breakfast, lunch and dinner length. Get a clue. Charging station availability is the issue.
How many Hummers have been sold in Q1? TWO...yes 2!
US: GMC Hummer EV Pickup Truck Sales Almost Stalled In Q1 2023
Only two units were delivered, which is the worst result since its launch in Q4 2021.
https://insideevs.com/news/660537/us-gm ... es-2023q1/
It cost almost $100 to Charge a Hummer. Who wants to plug their car in every meal and every night? I didn't like having to plug in my block heater in the late 1980's.

Small vehicles are ideal electric vehicles, not big vehicles.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 09, 2023 11:17 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:46 am
We can always find failures at the beginning of a technology. Change is hard.

Thomas can't make an EV bus, but Blue Bird is doing a great job.

Once we put our military minds to the challenge, we will get better.
Blue bird also has gasoline and propane in addition to diesel so out of anybody they have covered all their bases in that market.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 09, 2023 11:19 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:03 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:39 am
audiophile wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 6:14 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:32 pm
I have a 4200 pound engine that produces 210 hp. It was used during W. W. II in Dukw's and Duces. Today you can deliver that horsepower in less than 400 pounds.

Until we are challenged to improve electric we can't realize it's potential. This is what darpa is for.

Do you work for big oil, or does your God tell you it's your purpose to defend it to the world?
I notice you weren't quoting an electric motor producing 210 hp that weighed 400 pounds, because the battery pack would weight 8000+ pounds to give a tank adequate distance.

This is basic physics and common sense. The battlefield is not the place to be experimenting with woke ideas on a forced 2030 deadline.

PS how is the GMC Hummer EV working out? 3000 pound battery on vehicle they can't hardly get off the ground.
The GMC Hummer EV gets 300+ miles of range, you plug it in every night and most people don’t drive that far daily. Plus you get most of that back when you charge for 30 minutes which on a trip is breakfast, lunch and dinner length. Get a clue. Charging station availability is the issue.
How many Hummers have been sold in Q1? TWO...yes 2!
US: GMC Hummer EV Pickup Truck Sales Almost Stalled In Q1 2023
Only two units were delivered, which is the worst result since its launch in Q4 2021.
https://insideevs.com/news/660537/us-gm ... es-2023q1/
It cost almost $100 to Charge a Hummer. Who wants to plug their car in every meal and every night? I didn't like having to plug in my block heater in the late 1980's.

Small vehicles are ideal electric vehicles, not big vehicles.
If you’re driving 300 miles… that’s 6 hours… time for a break. I’m plugging it in every night happens in your garage anyways… who gives a rip about that part. I’m gonna start calling you neo-Amish or something.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:58 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:00 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:43 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:59 pm
Electric?
Oops....yes the 4 electric buses we had.
They are Thomas's... not exactly great electrical systems on them... then you throw in the EV part. In the late 90's AAPS had a Natural Gas powered Thomas... it fared about the same... down more than it was up. It was a gift from Michcon.
To be fair those buses are all back and running again for the moment.
I know AAPS didn't buy those buses. DTE and somebody else (the State?) funded them. A couple other districts got them at the same time. No idea how those are working out. If I had to grade ours on reliability they would have gotten a D+ early on. Then for awhile I would have given them a B-. Now they are down to a C- for the moment.

One bizzare thing is the charging system. For some reason (cost?) only one bus at a time will charge. They all have their own plugs but only one plug at a time supplies electricity.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 09, 2023 1:11 pm

They probably don't have enough facilities (amps) which would be embarrassing for DTE if they are a sponsor.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon May 29, 2023 6:23 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:58 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:00 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:43 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:59 pm
Electric?
Oops....yes the 4 electric buses we had.
They are Thomas's... not exactly great electrical systems on them... then you throw in the EV part. In the late 90's AAPS had a Natural Gas powered Thomas... it fared about the same... down more than it was up. It was a gift from Michcon.
To be fair those buses are all back and running again for the moment.
I know AAPS didn't buy those buses. DTE and somebody else (the State?) funded them. A couple other districts got them at the same time. No idea how those are working out. If I had to grade ours on reliability they would have gotten a D+ early on. Then for awhile I would have given them a B-. Now they are down to a C- for the moment.

One bizzare thing is the charging system. For some reason (cost?) only one bus at a time will charge. They all have their own plugs but only one plug at a time supplies electricity.
Pretty much like you said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/schoo ... r-AA1bQpwz

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:23 pm
Pretty much like you said:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/schoo ... r-AA1bQpwz
from the article... "Lauzzana affirmed Ann Arbor Public Schools would remain committed to the use of electric buses “as incentives became available.”"
So, pretty much, they're on board as long as SOMEONE ELSE is footing the bill!!

I worked on a project a couple years ago that was similar. HUD and the Dept of Ed were trying to solve the "lack of broadband" issue in several areas as that was a challenge for home-schooling. They said there were "deserts" of broadband and it was a problem because kids in these areas couldn't use all the tools with the lack of high-speed internet.

We got involved and investigated because the areas they were describing were believed to have plenty of broadband options. And they did, but nobody wanted to actually pay for it, they just wanted a free connection "to the Internet".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic