Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

California task force OKs 800 billion in reparations

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Round Six

Re: California task force OKs 800 billion in reparations

Post by Round Six » Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 4:59 pm
Taco wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:40 am
Why would descendants need reparations for something that didn't personally effect them?
Because generational wealth and generational poverty exists.
No doubt you are correct. Some folks are rich. Some are dirt poor. Some are fit as a fiddle. Some have many physical and mental issues. Like you said, a lot of is passed down from generation to generation.

But at what point do we say "It is what it is?" Thinking the the government should be invoking income equity is cockamamie.

From what I read here, you may not be as financially stable as other users. If this is the case, should those on here that are doing well give you money? Should TCT forgo his next trip to the tropics and give you the money he was going to spend there. It's only fair, right? Income Equity.

Things happened in the past. People were slaves. People were persecuted. It happened. Sincere apologies and move on.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic