Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

American Gun Culture

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

American Gun Culture

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:15 pm

(Posters note:Read the entire post before you comment. Thanks)

In recent weeks, a North Carolina man saw kids invading his yard and property when their basketball rolled into his yard. His solution - shoot the kids trying to retrieve it.

A New York man saw an unidentified car pull into his remote driveway. His solution - shoot the people in the car.

A Missouri man saw someone he didn't know at his front door. His solution - shoot the unknown person, twice - once in the back.

A Texas man, tired of his neighbors complaining about what he's doing on his own property, comes up with a solution - Go into their house and shoot them all.

In the coming weeks, we'll hear a lot about "stand your ground" and "protect your home." The suspected shooters will claim they felt threatened and scared, and felt the need to "defend themselves". And, in each instance (according the press reports, not any of my personal observation) the supposed "threatening" parties were all unarmed and didn't make any threatening moves or yells.

To my untrained eye, we have returned to the "Wild West" - where John Dutton can get rid of enemies by dropping them off at the "train station" with little fear of discovery or retribution from either the law or the other side. Instead of looking for a mutually agreeable solution it's "shoot first, ask questions later." To me, that's depressing, and the sign of a slowly deteriorating society. Your thoughts?

Rate This

Re: American Gun Culture

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:20 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:15 pm
(Posters note:Read the entire post before you comment. Thanks)

In recent weeks, a North Carolina man saw kids invading his yard and property when their basketball rolled into his yard. His solution - shoot the kids trying to retrieve it.

A New York man saw an unidentified car pull into his remote driveway. His solution - shoot the people in the car.

A Missouri man saw someone he didn't know at his front door. His solution - shoot the unknown person, twice - once in the back.

A Texas man, tired of his neighbors complaining about what he's doing on his own property, comes up with a solution - Go into their house and shoot them all.

In the coming weeks, we'll hear a lot about "stand your ground" and "protect your home." The suspected shooters will claim they felt threatened and scared, and felt the need to "defend themselves". And, in each instance (according the press reports, not any of my personal observation) the supposed "threatening" parties were all unarmed and didn't make any threatening moves or yells.

To my untrained eye, we have returned to the "Wild West" - where John Dutton can get rid of enemies by dropping them off at the "train station" with little fear of discovery or retribution from either the law or the other side. Instead of looking for a mutually agreeable solution it's "shoot first, ask questions later." To me, that's depressing, and the sign of a slowly deteriorating society. Your thoughts?
You’re spot on. I’m kinda thinking of a hill… last time we were like this we were on the way up as a society, then we peaked and shed this behavior largely and now we are on the way back down and here it is again… we are clearly regressing.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:25 pm

Nothing to see here. The gun enthusiasts were just exercising their Gawd given right to bear arms.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:28 pm

Typically, these hardcore NRA right wing militia types aren't too bright and easily brainwashed. Also, a lot of them I suspect have never sat down and read what stand your ground exactly means.

Honestly, if I had the education, money, and connections. I would probably leave The United States, because of this gun thing, one government after another implementing regressive policies, and the general decay, which is starting to look like The Soviet Union in the 1980s to lesser extent.

I'm over the NRA/Gun BS, debunked things that are still passed off as fact, and the general idiocy of the public. Sorry, United States your s--t in fact does stink like a rotting corpse.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:25 pm
Nothing to see here. The gun enthusiasts were just exercising their Gawd given right to bear arms.
Didn't Gawd say "Thou shall not kill?" or something similar? How do those two things co-exist?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:28 pm
Honestly, if I had the education, money, and connections. I would probably leave The United States
Just out of curiosity, where would you go?

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 pm

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:39 pm

Here in Canada, we have the right to bare arms. But it's too damned cold out today.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:42 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:38 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:28 pm
Honestly, if I had the education, money, and connections. I would probably leave The United States
Just out of curiosity, where would you go?
I realize there is BS everyplace you go but this is just on a whole other level, this is getting to be Weimar Republic Germany 1925 or so. Honestly, probably The New Zealand.

I'm not just pissing and moaning, this is just so screwed up anymore.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:45 pm

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:49 pm

Riff Raff wrote:
Wouldn't you love to know what Carlin would say about today's situation and the folks in power?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm

My thoughts? Either more people today are literally nuts than used to be, or more people who are literally nuts are not locked up in insane asylums than used to be. Because every one of these stories pertains to perps who are not rational-thinking individuals.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:18 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:49 pm
Riff Raff wrote:
Wouldn't you love to know what Carlin would say about today's situation and the folks in power?
Oh goodness yes!

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm
My thoughts? Either more people today are literally nuts than used to be, or more people who are literally nuts are not locked up in insane asylums than used to be. Because every one of these stories pertains to perps who are not rational-thinking individuals.
We do need to have more mental hospitals for sure.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:37 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm
I think it’s the latter… they used to be way more harsh on intolerable behavior…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic