Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Greg Abbott is a piece of shit

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Greg Abbott is a piece of shit

Post by Rate This » Mon May 01, 2023 9:09 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:48 pm
And I was one of the first #NeverTrump on this board, so don't give me that line of krap.

Looked at another way, what is a way to say it without offending the ultra-liberals while still make the point the killer operates in certain ethic circles?

Undocumented immigrants? That statement is left's answer for a while, but it's actually incorrect.
It’s Texas… there are plenty of Hispanic folks EVERYWHERE. He doesn’t operate in certain ethnic circles… he operates in the ordinary society of rural Texas…

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 pm

Probably one of the most accurate thread titles ever on this board.

An intoxicated man decides that he doesn't like to be told what he can do, kills 5 people (including a 9 year old) and instead of taking the high road, the Texas governor just can't help himself to piling on the victims whose immigration status is completely irrelevant to why and how the crime was committed.

Abbott has earned every single bit of criticism. Disgusting.
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 pm

Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:56 pm
Keep the heat on this guy.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/critics ... d=98982615
His walk back sucked too… he admitted “one of the victims may have been legal” and apologized if his comments were taken the wrong way.. what a shitty PR staff he has…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon May 01, 2023 10:08 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:31 pm
And Trump has support from racists because he dog whistles.

I think audio can't see bigoted remarks when they exist.
Most of these types fail to see structural racism. They think it is individual. My dad is the same way.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 02, 2023 5:30 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:48 pm
And I was one of the first #NeverTrump on this board, so don't give me that line of krap.

Looked at another way, what is a way to say it without offending the ultra-liberals while still make the point the killer operates in certain ethic circles?

Undocumented immigrants? That statement is left's answer for a while, but it's actually incorrect.
And now you're #ForeverTrump 🤷
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 6:41 am

I don't want him to run.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue May 02, 2023 7:27 am

audiophile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:41 am
I don't want him to run.
But you would vote for him if he's the nominee...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 02, 2023 8:32 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:27 am
But you would vote for him if he's the nominee...
Any other action a Conservative could take - literally ANY action other than voting for the Republican nominee, whoever it is, would aid in electing the Democrat nominee. No thanks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 02, 2023 9:27 am

If it turns out to be a Trump - Biden contest, in the absence of an acceptable third party candidate, I'd hold my nose and begrudgingly vote for Biden.

He is much less of a loose cannon than Trump, and the Supreme Court (with a conservative majority) and a presumably divided Congress would greatly constrain any harm he or Harris would attempt to impose from a policy standpoint.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue May 02, 2023 9:32 am

The chance of a third world war or larger conflict is much greater under Biden. Biden is perceived as weak and feeble and is also much more aligned (or could be swayed by) with the military-industrial complex.

Trump is perceived as unpredictable, which plays to his advantage on the world stage. This also worked for Reagan.

Biden/Harris agency picks probably control more than congress, and Biden's picks are absolutely disastrous, so I disagree with your "limited" damage assessment with a divided congress.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 02, 2023 9:53 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:42 pm
I don't know, the fact that the shooter was an illegal alien who had been deported over five times and shouldn't have been in this country is a very pertinent fact to highlight the dangers of our lack of border enforcement.
That implies a citizen would never do such a thing...
When a white man does these things, you can bet Bryce is nowhere to be found in the discussion.
And you're a racist because of where you choose to live. That statement makes about as much sense as yours.
Last edited by Bryce on Tue May 02, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 02, 2023 9:54 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:24 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 3:42 pm
I don't know, the fact that the shooter was an illegal alien who had been deported over five times and shouldn't have been in this country is a very pertinent fact to highlight the dangers of our lack of border enforcement.
That implies a citizen would never do such a thing...
When a white man does these things, you can bet Bryce is nowhere to be found in the discussion.
He's busy making me a mayonnaise sandwich on Wonder bread.
Hey, I'm not the one that decided to locate near Cohoctah.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 02, 2023 10:10 am

I'm with AP on this one - foreign policy alone is enough for me to vote for Trump over Biden. I know the left likes to argue that Trump set us up for the foreign problems we're having today, but I'm not buying it. The war mongers and saber rattlers of the world are war mongering and saber rattling because they fear Biden about as much as other NBA teams fear the Detroit Pistons.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am

Sorry. All this indignation rings hollow coming from people that voted for a former segregationist and continue to support a man that once said, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Guy has a D, you give him a pass. Guy has an R, and you go looking for reasons.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic