Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Baltimore Catholic Clergy Abused Hundreds of Children and teens

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Baltimore Catholic Clergy Abused Hundreds of Children and teens

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:07 pm

Just in time for Good Friday...

Maybe Catholics need to spend more time watching their actual children and less time worrying about the theoretical ones... Seriously, parents share some of the blame for what these "Men of God" did...
Clergy members across the Archdiocese of Baltimore abused hundreds of children and teenagers over the course of six decades, abetted by a church hierarchy that systematically failed to investigate and restrict their access to children, according to a detailed report from the Maryland attorney general released on Wednesday.

It was the latest harrowing installment in the decades-long revelations of sexual abuse within the Roman Catholic Church, this time set in the first Catholic diocese established in the United States.

The 463-page report, which is the result of a four-year investigation by the attorney general’s office, documents what it describes as “pervasive and persistent abuse” by clergy members and others in the archdiocese, as well as dismissals and cover-ups by the church hierarchy.

Widespread abuse within the archdiocese was already well known by victims’ groups and, to some extent, acknowledged by current church leaders before the report was released. Individual cases had been documented by advocacy groups and journalists, and some individual priests had been prosecuted over the years for their crimes.

Yet the report is meant to be the fullest, most complete account of the abuse to date, its authors said. “We hope to make public for the first time the enormous scope and scale of abuse and concealment perpetrated by the Archdiocese of Baltimore,” the report says.

State officials have said that they do not expect to file criminal charges as a result of the abuse detailed in the report.
The disgusting part?
the report landed just weeks after the Maryland Senate overwhelmingly voted to pass legislation repealing the statute of limitations on sexual abuse lawsuits. The law would allow victims to file civil lawsuits no matter how long ago their abuse happened.

The House has already passed a version of the same bill, and Gov. Wes Moore has said that he looks forward to signing it into law.

The state’s Catholic Conference, the lobbying arm for the church, has opposed the bill, calling it unconstitutional and unfair.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Re: Baltimore Catholic Clergy Abused Hundreds of Children and teens

Post by km1125 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 am

More of the #poundmetoo crap. (mostly)

While I don't doubt there have been SOME disgusting abuses over the decades, I am highly suspect of the volume that's being reported. Many are likely the desperate attempts for victims seeking "inclusion" and "acceptance" and they jump on the #poundmetoo bandwagon, fabricating events in their head that never happened. If you read the report (and similar documents) carefully, many of the cases aren't even about sexual abuse, but "abuse" that could be construed from "they said something mean to me".

And there's obviously not enough evidence or reliable victim testimony because even the state officials admit "they do not expect to file criminal charges". Rather, they should just resurrect a courtroom in Salem for many of these "prosecutions".

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:19 am

Classic, defend the criminals.

Why do you suppose the church is lobbying against extending the window to prosecute child rapers?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:29 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 am

While I don't doubt there have been SOME disgusting abuses over the decades, I am highly suspect of the volume that's being reported. Many are likely the desperate attempts for victims seeking "inclusion" and "acceptance" and they jump on the #poundmetoo bandwagon, fabricating events in their head that never happened. If you read the report (and similar documents) carefully, many of the cases aren't even about sexual abuse, but "abuse" that could be construed from "they said something mean to me".

And there's obviously not enough evidence or reliable victim testimony because even the state officials admit "they do not expect to file criminal charges". Rather, they should just resurrect a courtroom in Salem for many of these "prosecutions".
Wow, old man fail. Your "witty" use of calling a hashtag a pound sign reads as "hashtag 'pound me too'". Not a good look...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:30 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:29 pm
km1125 wrote:

Wow, old man fail. Your "witty" use of calling a hashtag a pound sign reads as "hashtag 'pound me too'". Not a good look...
Actually that’s relatively clever if juvenile… it may have gone right over your head.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:09 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:30 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:29 pm
km1125 wrote:

Actually that’s relatively clever if juvenile… it may have gone right over your head.
No, it's not clever and it clearly didn't go over my head. Maybe those dorks you get all your opinions from can explain this to you.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:11 pm

I gotta go with Matt on this one, RT. I'm more concerned with the need to get a #MeToo jab in there instead of worrying about the sex abuse. Although I'm all but certain if any of it involved a Democrat, he would be focused on that part of it.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:41 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:11 pm
I gotta go with Matt on this one, RT. I'm more concerned with the need to get a #MeToo jab in there instead of worrying about the sex abuse. Although I'm all but certain if any of it involved a Democrat, he would be focused on that part of it.
I just thought it was relatively clever if you are gonna poke fun at it. The sex abuse is one reason I stopped attending mass.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:00 pm

MSU is proof that predators are not allowed to prey anymore.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic