Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Taco

Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Post by Taco » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:28 pm

Seriously, don't people have more important things to worry about who is the face of Bud Light or whats on the cans??

https://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/bud- ... n-mulvaney#

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Graham Wellington

Re: Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:10 pm

Women should be offended by the blackface-esque performance Dylan constantly gives when doing his impersonation of a woman.

Matt

Re: Bud Light slammed for partnering with Dylan Mulvaney: 'Fixated on going woke'

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:51 pm

Bud Light is garbage beer.

That is a bigger issue than who is endorsing it.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:27 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:51 pm
Bud Light is garbage beer.

That is a bigger issue than who is endorsing it.
YES!

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:56 am

Bud Light is Nasty AF, but who cares what's on the can? I saw a video of Kid Rock ranting and shooting up a stack of Bud Lights in protest.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

kager

Post by kager » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:08 am

If you like BL, pour it in a glass (or - better yet - on the ground) or stuff the can in a full-on kozee.

Or, try something else for a change. Perhaps your taste buds have become active again since last you did that.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:32 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:26 am
That might have been worth a chuckle 20-30 years ago.
But so called craft beer brewing is a thing now. Close to 10,000 and growing across the country. The beers they produce are far from "close to water"

Crawl out from under your rock and visit the 21st century.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:08 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:32 am
But so called craft beer brewing is a thing now. Close to 10,000 and growing across the country. The beers they produce are far from "close to water"

First, that quote is attributed to a Monty Python bit which explains the American reference. Second, I've been drinking micro's from just after the Oregon legislature approved in-house brewing (brewpubs) in 1985, while you were nursing a Natty or Milwaukie's Best.

It was a joke, get the stick out of your ass.

BTW - If you're at all interested in getting an education about the history of microbrews of Oregon (arguably where the much of the movement was born) here's a short documentary produced by Oregon Public Broadcast some years ago:

https://watch.opb.org/video/oregon-experience-beervana/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:47 pm

Sounds to me like a desperate attempt by InBev to get someone, anyone, to drink their swill.

FWIW, mass produced American beer didn't always taste like it does today. Think Yuengling founded in 1829 which still produces a traditional lager.

After prohibition was repealed, many tinkered with their recipes and marketing to try to capture a larger share of the female market. Remember "The Champagne of Beers?" They weren't targeting longshoremen with that campaign.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:50 pm

It's fun watching conservative victims whine about the world moving past them...

Natty Light would never do something like this...

Maybe DeSantis will ban it Florida...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:01 pm

Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:08 pm

It was a joke 20 years ago. That is my point. It hasn't been funny in that long.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:03 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:32 am

First, that quote is attributed to a Monty Python bit which explains the American reference. Second, I've been drinking micro's from just after the Oregon legislature approved in-house brewing (brewpubs) in 1985, while you were nursing a Natty or Milwaukie's Best.

BTW - If you're at all interested in getting an education about the history of microbrews of Oregon (arguably where the much of the movement was born) here's a short documentary produced by Oregon Public Broadcast some years ago:

https://watch.opb.org/video/oregon-experience-beervana/
What other Oregon beers should I try outside of Deschutes, Lester? I like fresh squeezed very much. I've got a couple great beer stores near me that would probably stock them. I'm open to all types, partial to IPA's which I have plenty to choose from here in the state south of you.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:12 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:01 pm

It was a joke 20 years ago. That is my point. It hasn't been funny in that long.
Liberals have a hard time grasping the concept of humor. Why do you think Air America failed.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:12 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:01 pm

Liberals have a hard time grasping the concept of humor. Why do you think Air America failed.
Air America failed because people under the age of 80 generally don't go to dying AM sticks up the dial for their political news. A certain demographic has that covered.

As for the "humor" angle, I can laugh and joke with the best of them. There's a difference between a joke and being flat out crude. I guess I just don't see the so-called humor in bringing someone else down.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic