Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump "Theology"

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Trump "Theology"

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:49 am

It looks like Trump has employed someone who has read a Bible. His campaign rhetoric is mimicking the apocalypse. To me this is straight out of Westlemania.

With the exception of a few old dim brains here, who thinks this will still work?

Does Trump have much traction left?
If there is one thing that is becoming increasingly clear about Donald Trump’s 2024 bid for the presidency, it is that this campaign is going to be a far darker endeavor than even the two that came before it.

In his public appearances and fundraising appeals, the former president lately employs language familiar to his evangelical Christian base through biblical prophecies of the apocalypse. One such phrase, “final battle,” evokes the epic clash foretold to take place on the plains of Armageddon and heralding the second coming of Jesus Christ.

“This is the final battle,” Trump said at the Conservative Political Action Conference this month. “They know it, I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. This is it.” And at his first campaign rally on Saturday, in Waco, Tex.: “2024 is the final battle. It’s going to be the big one.”

True, dystopian imagery is not exactly new to Trump, given that his inaugural address is most remembered for its reference to “American carnage.” But when he ran in 2016, Trump promised to be the miracle worker who “alone can fix it.” This time around, he asks voters to think of him as “your retribution.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Re: Trump "Theology"

Post by zzand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:23 am

Traction? Yes. If he continues down the unhinged road I think enough of it will erode and give a better GOP candidate the nomination.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic