Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:45 am

I agree that the alleged crime(s) for which charges are being considered are petty. This isn't about failing to report an expense; it seems to be solely about how such expense was categorized.

If a conviction were to occur, the likely outcome would be a fine + court costs.

Trump will scream that he is being persecuted, that the court system is being "weaponized" against him, and will parlay this episode into a massive fundraising endeavor.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:45 am
I agree that the alleged crime(s) for which charges are being considered are petty. This isn't about failing to report an expense; it seems to be solely about how such expense was categorized.

If a conviction were to occur, the likely outcome would be a fine + court costs.

Trump will scream that he is being persecuted, that the court system is being "weaponized" against him, and will parlay this episode into a massive fundraising endeavor.
Agreed. The white trash that still worship the guy will be up in arms, but that's about it.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:31 pm

Almost none of the problems of the last two years would have happened under Trump. Foreign leaders were scared of him. They wouldn't have dared do what they have done.

I probably wouldn't have gotten along with him in school or other situations, but by golly, we need a President that invokes fear in our enemies. Biden enables our enemies, and it's like a classroom when a substitute teacher comes in, a world in chaos.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:57 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:30 am
Neither the grand jury nor the judge are impartial. This is New York City. Not America. They hate Trump. This is what motivates all of them.
So if we were in Wyoming the judge and jury would be impartial?

Trump has a god complex that will not allow him to be careful enough to not get caught. He was bound to make a mistake eventually.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:58 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:31 pm
Almost none of the problems of the last two years would have happened under Trump. Foreign leaders were scared of him. They wouldn't have dared do what they have done.

I probably wouldn't have gotten along with him in school or other situations, but by golly, we need a President that invokes fear in our enemies. Biden enables our enemies, and it's like a classroom when a substitute teacher comes in, a world in chaos.
Good points.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:06 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:31 pm

Most of the problems of the last two years were set in motion during Trumps time in office. The latest is this bank thing.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:56 pm

At least he referred to himself in that post as the "former" President. (ok, actually "FORMER" since he was screaming in all caps), so I guess that's progress.
Maybe somebody explained to him that by claiming to still be President he'd be ineligible to run for office in 2024 having already served two terms.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:37 pm

Biden enables our enemies, and it's like a classroom when a substitute teacher comes in, a world in chaos.
That's a pretty good analogy actually!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:12 pm

Elon Musk says Trump will win by a LANDSLIDE in 2024 if Manhattan DA arrests him Tuesday, as Republicans claim rumored indictment is plot to kill ex-president's re-election hopes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... esday.html

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:38 pm

He has urged his followers to protest.
Looks like he's trying to incite another mob scene. Despicable!

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:20 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:12 pm
Elon Musk says Trump will win by a LANDSLIDE in 2024 if Manhattan DA arrests him Tuesday, as Republicans claim rumored indictment is plot to kill ex-president's re-election hopes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... esday.html
Sounds like that red wave in 2022. Next.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:00 pm

Taco wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:38 pm
Maybe you should stick to making burritos.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:21 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:11 am
Two Characteristics Of A Banana Republic:

(1) A banana republic does not have an independent judiciary.

(2) In a banana republic, political opponents are prosecuted without good cause—the machinery of law enforcement does not deliberate over seeking a warrant from an independent judge, whom the head of the government cannot coerce.
Letting things slide is also the trait of a Banana Republic. Sorry you don't like the fact that New York prosecutes white collar crime.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:09 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:00 pm
Taco wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:38 pm
Maybe you should stick to making burritos.
He’s not calling for a happy gathering of positive energy… he’s demanding his people “take back their country”… sounds like he’s rubbing two sticks together to make fire to me…

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:06 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:06 pm

Most of the problems of the last two years were set in motion during Trumps time in office. The latest is this bank thing.
Please tell me you're trying to be funny or at least stirring the pot. You can't be that dumb.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic