Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:47 am

Trump has gone on his social media platform and claimed that he will be indicted by the Manhattan DA and arrested on Tuesday in the Stomy Daniels hush money case. He has urged his followers to protest.

TC Talks

Re: Trump Claims He Will Be Indicted Tuesday

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:41 am

I drove past a trailer park yesterday with a h-uge faded tattered Trump flag in place of the American flag. I felt it was quite symbolic.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

At least he referred to himself in that post as the "former" President. (ok, actually "FORMER" since he was screaming in all caps), so I guess that's progress.

Joking aside, Sean Hannity has been saying for about a week now that this was coming "very soon." As to the alleged crime itself, there are 2 possibilities: A misdemeanor or a Class-E felony. And neither would be over the hush money itself as paying hush money isn't illegal. It is over allegations that Trump improperly included the hush money payment to Cohen (along with legal fees) all as a "legal expense" in his internal bookkeeping.

I don't know. For something that happened nearly 7 years ago, this seems like a petty thing to charge a former President with, if indeed the charges are forthcoming.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:57 am

I don't think the hush money is the focus. Conspiracy and lying seem to be the focus based on what I have been reading.

Georgia is next.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 am

Per CNN:
Hush money payments aren't illegal. Prosecutors are weighing whether to charge Trump with falsifying the business records of the Trump Organization for how it reflected the reimbursement of the payment to Cohen, who said he advanced the money to Daniels. Falsifying business records is a misdemeanor in New York.

Prosecutors are also weighing whether to charge Trump with falsifying business records in the first degree for falsifying a record with the intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal another crime, which in this case could be a violation of campaign finance laws. That is a Class E felony and carries a sentence of a minimum of one year and as much as four years. To prove the case, prosecutors would need to show Trump intended to commit a crime.

The Trump Organization noted the reimbursements as a legal expense in its internal books. Trump has previously denied knowledge of the payment.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/10/politics ... index.html

If that is in fact what this is over, it seems petty to me.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:03 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am
At least he referred to himself in that post as the "former" President. (ok, actually "FORMER" since he was screaming in all caps), so I guess that's progress.

Joking aside, Sean Hannity has been saying for about a week now that this was coming "very soon." As to the alleged crime itself, there are 2 possibilities: A misdemeanor or a Class-E felony. And neither would be over the hush money itself as paying hush money isn't illegal. It is over allegations that Trump improperly included the hush money payment to Cohen (along with legal fees) all as a "legal expense" in his internal bookkeeping.

I don't know. For something that happened nearly 7 years ago, this seems like a petty thing to charge a former President with, if indeed the charges are forthcoming.
The problem is just how many times he exposes himself in stupid ways… sooner or later you’re gonna get popped and for all the bragging about how “smart” he is… well… he isn’t.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:23 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:41 am
I drove past a trailer park yesterday with a h-uge faded tattered Trump flag in place of the American flag. I felt it was quite symbolic.
Clarify what exactly was symbolic in your mind.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:23 am

Think about what it took to take down Al Capone. It wasn't murder, gambling or Smuggling.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:24 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:23 am
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:41 am
Clarify what exactly was symbolic in your mind.
Trump is old and tattered. He isn't going to be a successful candidate in the future.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:34 am

Here's my question: Had Trump lost to Hillary in 2016, would the NY DA be investigating this particular matter?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:34 am

Piling on (15 yards, automatic first down) - Once a ball carrier is down, other players may not jump onto him late or with too much force. If the referee determines the player used excessive force, then it is a 15 yard penalty and automatic first down.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:11 am

Two Characteristics Of A Banana Republic:

(1) A banana republic does not have an independent judiciary.

(2) In a banana republic, political opponents are prosecuted without good cause—the machinery of law enforcement does not deliberate over seeking a warrant from an independent judge, whom the head of the government cannot coerce.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:12 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:34 am
Here's my question: Had Trump lost to Hillary in 2016, would the NY DA be investigating this particular matter?
Most likely… he elevated his profile with the candidacy and got people looking at his dirt. The Stormy Daniels thing came out during the campaign. It’s taken this long for it to go somewhere but a Trump indictment was inevitable… he’s really really dirty.
Last edited by Rate This on Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:14 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:11 am
Two Characteristics Of A Banana Republic:

(1) A banana republic does not have an independent judiciary.

(2) In a banana republic, political opponents are prosecuted without good cause—the machinery of law enforcement does not deliberate over seeking a warrant from an independent judge, whom the head of the government cannot coerce.
There is a special grand jury convened for the purpose of looking at evidence and discussing whether charges are warranted with a judge signing off on a warrant. Because a guy thinks he can get away with anything and then hide behind his underlings or whatever indefinitely that does not make him someone that cannot be gone after and it does not make him immune. This is not a banana republic situation.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:30 am

Neither the grand jury nor the judge are impartial. This is New York City. Not America. They hate Trump. This is what motivates all of them.

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic