Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Senator John Fetterman checks himself into hospital...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Senator John Fetterman checks himself into hospital...

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:38 pm

...for clinical depression

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/16/sen-joh ... -says.html

I feel bad for him as a person. As a politician, he should have withdrawn from the race before the election. I don't know how he's possibly able to do the job right now given his physical and mental health.

georgetownt

Re: Senator John Fetterman checks himself into hospital...

Post by georgetownt » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:35 pm

bmw wrote:...for clinical depression

I feel bad for him as a person. As a politician, he should have withdrawn from the race before the election. I don't know how he's possibly able to do the job right now given his physical and mental health.
True.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:34 pm

So the question on my mind.
Is he now set for life?
I'm guessing those under the dome have some of the best health care in the good ol' USA. I'm also thinking he's not going on medical disability, will still be getting full pay however how long he's off.
Maybe getting elected, knowing full well he's not quite up to the task, just may of been a shrewd move.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:47 pm

I am one of millions of people who suffer clinical depression. With counseling, pharmaceuticals and other therapies we can live productive lives doing important work. Anyone who believes otherwise can go die in a fire, thank you very much.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:26 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:47 pm
I am one of millions of people who suffer clinical depression. With counseling, pharmaceuticals and other therapies we can live productive lives doing important work. Anyone who believes otherwise can go die in a fire, thank you very much.
Imagine how boring this board would be if everyone received the mental healthcare they needed. We probably wouldn't have any conspiracy theory threads...
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:51 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:26 pm
Imagine how boring this board would be if everyone received the mental healthcare they needed. We probably wouldn't have any conspiracy theory threads...
Perhaps, but don't mistake depression for assholery. If we're talking about the Buzzboard population, I can guarantee I'm not the only one afflicted, there are probably several, at least statistically. I don't have an issue about mentioning it anymore than I would if it were a heart condition, cancer or any other disease. If it helps one person to seek help it's a worthwhile disclosure. If it exposes ignorant assholes for what they are then it's just a cherry on the cake.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:21 pm

I see nothing wrong with this. At least he was smart enough to recognize the issue and handle it. My dumb ass did heroin and cocaine about it. Props to anyone that deals with depression properly.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:07 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:38 pm
...for clinical depression

Not up to the task of voting yes or no on a bill because he’s depressed? Are you kidding me? Maybe he’ll feel down enough to not take lobbyist money or stay at home and not go to some fancy dinner with them.

Other than voting they make speeches and have a staff arrange meetings with important people… you make the whole thing sound like brain surgery that only the sharpest minds with the best ideas can do… and yet we have Tommy Tuberville there.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:33 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thank Engler.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:19 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:33 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thank Engler.
Funniest two word comment I've ever seen on this website. I appreciate the economy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:34 am

My 14 months younger brother suffered clinical depression the last 3 or 4 years of his life.
For whatever reason he gave up on medications before the doctor could find a cocktail that worked.
He committed suicide in October 2020 using a Honda Civic and a cement bridge pile on west bound I-94 at Baker Road.
RIP Jimbo.
I no longer directly engage trolls

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:06 am

I'm sorry for your loss Craig.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:11 am

On a sidenote, how did they know it was suicide?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:16 am

Round Six wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:34 pm
So the question on my mind.
Is he now set for life?
I'm guessing those under the dome have some of the best health care in the good ol' USA. I'm also thinking he's not going on medical disability, will still be getting full pay however how long he's off.
Maybe getting elected, knowing full well he's not quite up to the task, just may of been a shrewd move.
I'm wondering about this too. What are the long-term benefits to just getting elected to Congress, even if you only serve a portion of your original term?

Don't fault him at all for recognizing he needs treatment for anything and going to get it though, but would (or should) his constituents have known before they were voting?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:27 am

I ran into a person talking about their earlier brain aneurysms and she said that Joe Biden exhibits a lot of characteristics of brain damage from his aneurysms.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic