Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

14 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide After School Beating

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

14 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide After School Beating

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:03 pm

A 14 Year Old New Jersey Girl committed suicide two days after a brutal beating at school, evidenced by numerous visible bruises. Classmates filmed it. Now, the Superintendent says the girl took drugs and made poor choices.

https://thepostmillennial.com/nj-school ... or-choices

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Re: 14 Year Old Girl Commits Suicide After School Beating

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:13 pm

Do they proofread their articles over at the Post Millenial? That was a difficult read due to missing words and poor grammar - at least 5 examples I stumbled over.

That aside, as to the story, it is tragic. I don't think I would hold the superintendent in any way responsible for the suicide, but his comments more or less suggest that it was her drug use and poor choices that led to both her bullying and her suicide - comments that are beyond inappropriate, and frankly I think he should be fired.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:40 pm

There was just a very suspicious death on the grounds of AA Pioneer HS. The 14-15 year range are the kids that probably suffered the most developmentally with unnecessary lockdowns from covid.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:46 pm

The Super of that school district has resigned...

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:50 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:01 pm

I serve on the board of a school, and we just created two councilor positions for staff and students. Mental healthcare came back as #1 on our school wide survey this year.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:21 pm

I think the Superintendent had been talking to lawyers already, and revealed stuff that he shouldn't have regarding their defense. Coming out at this point, it just makes the School District look totally insensitive. Usually, lawyers would tell him to keep his mouth shut. He didn't. This is not the New Jersey you are thinking of, either. It's the "Jersey Shore". Apparently not racial or ethnic. Socioeconomic friction probably. Not that that is any better.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:40 pm
There was just a very suspicious death on the grounds of AA Pioneer HS. The 14-15 year range are the kids that probably suffered the most developmentally with unnecessary lockdowns from covid.
Get over yourself. That is the most absurd thing. They are depressed that there are fewer opportunities at school. Thank your GOP friends.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:51 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:21 pm
I think the Superintendent had been talking to lawyers already, and revealed stuff that he shouldn't have regarding their defense. Coming out at this point, it just makes the School District look totally insensitive. Usually, lawyers would tell him to keep his mouth shut. He didn't. This is not the New Jersey you are thinking of, either. It's the "Jersey Shore". Apparently not racial or ethnic. Socioeconomic friction probably. Not that that is any better.
It’s all socioeconomic in the end. Racial and ethnic frictions are just a manifestation of one group or the other feeing economically threatened.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:46 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:51 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
It’s all socioeconomic in the end. Racial and ethnic frictions are just a manifestation of one group or the other feeing economically threatened.
But it also happens in homogenous racial and ethnic communities, and very well off ones. I've heard stories from places like Bloomfield Hills and Harbor Springs and Rochester Hills. Usually kids of so called pillars of the community oppressing the somewhat less well off kids, or kids they perceive that way. I know one young lady who is oppressed by her neighbor in the McMansion sub right behind her. Turns out the girl who is regarded as "poor" has a $5,000,000 Trust Fund. Everyone doesn't spend their money on McMansions.

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:19 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:46 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:51 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
But it also happens in homogenous racial and ethnic communities, and very well off ones. I've heard stories from places like Bloomfield Hills and Harbor Springs and Rochester Hills. Usually kids of so called pillars of the community oppressing the somewhat less well off kids, or kids they perceive that way. I know one young lady who is oppressed by her neighbor in the McMansion sub right behind her. Turns out the girl who is regarded as "poor" has a $5,000,000 Trust Fund. Everyone doesn't spend their money on McMansions.
That’s my point. Race issues are a symptom not a cause. Treating “equality” is like putting a bandaid on an open wound. As a society we are missing the forest for the trees.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic