Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:08 pm

Interesting point upthread. I haven't had a flu shot probably since I was a child and couldn't tell you the last time I had the flu...and I hope I didn't jinx it. It has been YEARS since I've been bedridden and puking and everything. For that matter, I can't remember the last time I was SICK sick. I don't eat or drink the best, I smoke nearly a pack and a half a day, and my saving grace is that I work a very physically demanding job. I guess it comes down to "different strokes" and all that.

However, if my doctor or a health care professional tells me that by getting this shot, my chances of a disease would decrease, I would do it. I'll take the word of a doctor over the guy that hangs the siding. I got the shot, got covid, and hadn't even noticed aside from the literally "sniffles". I thought I had a sinus infection. So Idk anymore. Everyone just wants to be right.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:40 pm

If you ever need concrete evidence just compare COVID deaths amongst vaccinated with COVID deaths amongt unvaccinated.

That provides all the proof I need on the matter.

Tennessee has the highest covid deaths per capita and about the lowest vaccination rates as one example.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:50 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:08 pm
Interesting point upthread. I haven't had a flu shot probably since I was a child and couldn't tell you the last time I had the flu...and I hope I didn't jinx it. It has been YEARS since I've been bedridden and puking and everything. For that matter, I can't remember the last time I was SICK sick. I don't eat or drink the best, I smoke nearly a pack and a half a day, and my saving grace is that I work a very physically demanding job. I guess it comes down to "different strokes" and all that.

However, if my doctor or a health care professional tells me that by getting this shot, my chances of a disease would decrease, I would do it. I'll take the word of a doctor over the guy that hangs the siding. I got the shot, got covid, and hadn't even noticed aside from the literally "sniffles". I thought I had a sinus infection. So Idk anymore. Everyone just wants to be right.
Please stop smoking.
The censorship king from out of state.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:23 pm

People that smoke don't need to be reminded that they need to quit. We know it's bad and it's a disgusting habit.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:37 pm

Motown322 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:23 pm
People that smoke don't need to be reminded that they need to quit. We know it's bad and it's a disgusting habit.
So stop. Patches, hypnotism, whatever. STOP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
I have to wonder why people can't just stop that disgusting habit.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:22 pm

I wonder the same thing about people who drink daily.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:29 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:04 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:37 pm
Motown322 wrote:
i

I have to wonder why people can't just stop that disgusting habit.
I'm sure it's extremely difficult. But it's not at all impossible and millions of people have done it. I don't want to patronize Mega or others at all, but just stop. Somehow, someway.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:15 pm

I can't remember who said this - but someone once said you quit smoking every time you put out your cigarette. So the decision isn't whether to stop smoking, but whether to start again.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:18 pm

I know, HM. Not a day goes by it doesn't run through my head. And I have kicked so many other substances, but the smokes are just...I don't know. Whenever my stepdaughters see me I always make it a point to tell them it's disgusting, harmful and costly. I think I'm more afraid of my attitude changes while I quit. Managerial position at work, wife and kids at home...I don't wanna walk around a cranky, miserable bastard for 3 weeks.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:47 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:18 pm
I know, HM. Not a day goes by it doesn't run through my head. And I have kicked so many other substances, but the smokes are just...I don't know. Whenever my stepdaughters see me I always make it a point to tell them it's disgusting, harmful and costly. I think I'm more afraid of my attitude changes while I quit. Managerial position at work, wife and kids at home...I don't wanna walk around a cranky, miserable bastard for 3 weeks.
In seventh grade I had a teacher who was a smoker who we caught with cigarettes in his truck. He told us it was a bad habit. He was dead of trachial cancer 5-6 years later, in his late 40s.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:02 pm

Our school had a smoking lounge for students, they closed it because too many kids were smoking pot.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:09 pm

At my high school, any students wanting to smoke had go out to the street off the school grounds. I took up smoking so I could go out just like the rest of the guys.

But the other guys laughed at me. Said I smoked like a girl. So I gave it up. It wasn't so cool.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:19 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
I'm certain you have seriously tried, and it's pretty ridiculous for me, essentially a total stranger, to tell you to "just quit". But I just lost a great friend to lung cancer so I'm overly sensitive. Walking around cranky for 3 weeks doesn't move the needle much for me. Try again. Try harder.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:53 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Miserable cranky bastard for three weeks and we get to keep you here longer hopefully? I’ll take it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic