Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by audiophile » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:41 am

I already said a while ago that cheap masks were worthless.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-AA172j6T

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:19 am

I said this more than two years ago when comparing Sweden's single-digit-percentage of the population wearing masks to the US's 70-80%. Covid spread was not statistically different between the two countries at that time. I also pointed out a large study done in Florida whereby school districts with and without mask mandates for students were compared and found no statistically significant difference in Covid spread in those various communities. It is nice to see that there's a larger study now that pretty much confirms all of this.

And I'll say this again - making children specifically wear masks for more than 1 school year borders on child abuse. We did far more damage to those kids with our ridiculous mandates and remote learning than we would have if we simply let the kids keep going to school normally (outside of maybe March-June of 2020 which it was reasonable at that time to shut schools down).

Round Six

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by Round Six » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:31 am

I'm not surprised by this. Although I'm no scientist, I'm convinced Covid, colds, the flu, etc, are spread by contact. From hand to surface to hand. That sort of thing. Using sanitizer and washing your paws frequently, is a more effective deterrent against getting sick.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:19 am
I said this more than two years ago when comparing Sweden's single-digit-percentage of the population wearing masks to the US's 70-80%. Covid spread was not statistically different between the two countries at that time. I also pointed out a large study done in Florida whereby school districts with and without mask mandates for students were compared and found no statistically significant difference in Covid spread in those various communities. It is nice to see that there's a larger study now that pretty much confirms all of this.

And I'll say this again - making children specifically wear masks for more than 1 school year borders on child abuse. We did far more damage to those kids with our ridiculous mandates and remote learning than we would have if we simply let the kids keep going to school normally (outside of maybe March-June of 2020 which it was reasonable at that time to shut schools down).
We would need evidence that the children were loudly protesting and then being beaten or having the mask taped to them to approach child abuse.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:26 pm

I'm sorry, but forcing children to keep a germ-infested garment strapped to their face for upwards of a 30 hours per week for a year or more constitutes child abuse IMO.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:42 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:26 pm
I'm sorry, but forcing children to keep a germ-infested garment strapped to their face for upwards of a 30 hours per week for a year or more constitutes child abuse IMO.
Thank god we had you verifying that they literally used the same mask every day for a year.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:06 pm

And how quickly do you think it takes a new mask, worn by an elementary-age child, to become "germ infested?"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:40 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:06 pm
And how quickly do you think it takes a new mask, worn by an elementary-age child, to become "germ infested?"
Who knows? I expect you’ll have the answer for us all soon. How easily the germs can get through the mask to the child’s mouth is another consideration. Microbes don’t exactly move fast.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:16 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:41 am

The jab doesn't stop the spread either. Although, in the beginning, they told us it did. For those with a short memory...
"This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Biden said in the full interview. "The unvaccinated. Not the vaccinated, the unvaccinated. That’s the problem. Everybody talks about freedom and not to have a shot or have a test. Well guess what? How about patriotism? How about making sure that you’re vaccinated, so you do not spread the disease to anyone else."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:20 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:16 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:41 am

The jab doesn't stop the spread either. Although, in the beginning, they told us it did. For those with a short memory...
"This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated," Biden said in the full interview. "The unvaccinated. Not the vaccinated, the unvaccinated. That’s the problem. Everybody talks about freedom and not to have a shot or have a test. Well guess what? How about patriotism? How about making sure that you’re vaccinated, so you do not spread the disease to anyone else."
Looks like efforts to convince the people to get the shot or a gaffe. Your pick. I don’t see you protesting the Polio vaccine which I’m 99.9999% sure you got without a say.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:08 pm

Please tell me you're not going to compare the Covid shot to the Polio vaccine. The polio vaccine, if you get the full dosage, has greater than 99% efficacy in actually stopping the spread and is good for life. The Covid shot, on the other hand, has 50 to 75% efficacy that rapidly wanes after 3-4 months and requires multiple boosters (the boosters of which we now know actually significantly INCREASE your rate of contracting Covid, per the CDC's own data).

There's no comparison whatsoever between the two.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:41 pm

This passage was excerpted directly from the study's journal article:

The high risk of bias in the trials, variation in outcome measurement, and relatively low adherence with the interventions during the studies hampers drawing firm conclusions. There were additional RCTs during the pandemic related to physical interventions but a relative paucity given the importance of the question of masking and its relative effectiveness and the concomitant measures of mask adherence which would be highly relevant to the measurement of effectiveness, especially in the elderly and in young children.

There is uncertainty about the effects of face masks. The low to moderate certainty of evidence means our confidence in the effect estimate is limited, and that the true effect may be different from the observed estimate of the effect.

In other words, it is risky to draw any firm conclusions one way or the other from the study.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:45 pm

It would be reasonable to conclude from that study that mask efficacy in the real word is less than in a lab setting.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:04 pm

I agree with that.

I will also agree a cloth mask is not very useful.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:25 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:08 pm
Please tell me you're not going to compare the Covid shot to the Polio vaccine. The polio vaccine, if you get the full dosage, has greater than 99% efficacy in actually stopping the spread and is good for life. The Covid shot, on the other hand, has 50 to 75% efficacy that rapidly wanes after 3-4 months and requires multiple boosters (the boosters of which we now know actually significantly INCREASE your rate of contracting Covid, per the CDC's own data).

There's no comparison whatsoever between the two.
I’m referring to the “it’s probably gonna hurt me, vaccines suck” crowd. The government forced people to stick that in their kids. Conservatives have acted like something NEW has been invented here with mandates and the like. Bullshit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic