Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:10 am

I use N95 masks BMW

audiophile

Re: A major new study shows that masks don't stop the spread of COVID. Will the mandaters apologize?

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 am

How bad was having Covid?

For everyone in My family it very minor, but we're all non-smokers and not overweight.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:56 am

I had a mild case of it. Fever and chills for about 24 hours. Still dealing with Covid cough but it too is getting better.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 am

I almost think that was a blessing Zzand.

Immunity really occurs after you have it.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:52 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 am
I almost think that was a blessing Zzand.

No, it doesn't. People have had it multiple times.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:43 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:52 am
audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:05 am
No, it doesn't. People have had it multiple times.
Matt - you seem to be reasonably intelligent. So I don't know why you struggle with this particular concept. Having actual Covid generates the same exact immunity that a live-attenuated vaccine would create, if such a vaccine existed. When you have Covid, your body generates antibodies, so not only are you less susceptible to getting it a second time (at least within the window of however long that immunity lasts for), but if you do get it, the virus is no longer completely unrecognized to your body, so your immune system can fight it off much faster the second time around. That's part of the problem with an initial infection: it takes your body time to generate antibodies to fight it, and by then, it can already be in an advanced state. But if you survive an initial infection, you will be better off later. This isn't rocket science. It is how your body develops an immune system after you're born - being exposed to and catching all the common viruses that are out there. If you keep a kid in a sterile bubble and they never get sick while a child, they're potentially in for a world of hurt as an adult as common viruses are novel to their immune systems.

And btw - the fact that some unspecified number of people have had it multiple times is your evidence that natural immunity is a myth?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:25 am

If the multiple times thing is true, then Covid rates would never decline.

Today's headline:
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services says the number of new COVID-19 cases continues to drop on a weekly basis.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:47 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 am

For everyone in My family it very minor, but we're all non-smokers and not overweight.
Guess what? People with asthma and those with cancer are not all overweight. They can and do die from this shit. We have lost over 1 million people in this country due to this pandemic. This talking point is 3 years old and needs to be shitcanned along with the rest of your thumping values.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:02 pm

I had covid and I smoke and to be honest, I didn't even know I did. I'm also vaxxed. Idk what any of this means but I am enjoying a pint of Häagen-Dazs. And it's good.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:35 am

So why not judge everyone from your experience? You have struck me as selfish before, this takes the cake.

1,000,000 Americans have died and you talk about your entitled white experience?

I wouldn't tout your faith too loudly.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:54 pm

I guess TCT and MCRF didn't hear the recent news. If you led a healthy lifestyle, it cut your chances of long Covid by 50%. I guess those researchers are racist too?

Furthermore, am I not allowed to share my actual experience without being attacked?

YMMV.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:15 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:54 pm
I guess TCT and MCRF didn't hear the recent news. If you led a healthy lifestyle, it cut your chances of long Covid by 50%. I guess those researchers are racist too?

Furthermore, am I not allowed to share my actual experience without being attacked?

YMMV.
It's not your experience, it's your anti Christian values. You lack compassion and grace but have plenty of judgement and barely conceal your hate for those who don't believe in your version of faith.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:16 pm

Where did I do that in this thread, as you have alleged?

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:27 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:15 pm

It's not your experience, it's your anti Christian values. You lack compassion and grace but have plenty of judgement and barely conceal your hate for those who don't believe in your version of faith.
Hey Strawman.
I just went thru this whole thread. Nowhere does audiophile say anything about religious beliefs.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:58 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:27 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:15 pm

Hey Strawman.
I just went thru this whole thread. Nowhere does audiophile say anything about religious beliefs.
This has been a years long ongoing back and forth.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic