Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chinese spy balloon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Chinese spy balloon

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:12 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:18 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:26 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:23 pm
I'm not on Facebook and don't go on reddit. If someone would be kind enough to repost the most improbable shit that is certainly speculated there, I would be forever in your debt.
Craziest thing I've seen is that the balloon is codenamed Tuck and people in ND are screaming "TUCK COMIN'!" Mat Ishbia is frantically trying to pay the balloon $10M/year.
:lol Not bad at all!

Though I would not be surprised to see that on Mgoblob.
Only if those nerds steal it from here!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:42 pm

Explosion over Montana where balloon allegedly was when spotted.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... space.html

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:44 pm

Biden's refusal to shoot it down is beyond baffling, and I think this will hurt him more politically than will the classified documents story.

I mean, this shouldn't even be political. I assume most normal people on both sides of the political aisle would agree that this thing needs to be brought down one way or another.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:50 pm

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:44 pm
Biden's refusal to shoot it down is beyond baffling, and I think this will hurt him more politically than will the classified documents story.

I mean, this shouldn't even be political. I assume most normal people on both sides of the political aisle would agree that this thing needs to be brought down one way or another.
It will hurt him with nutter Qanon types.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:52 pm

I would love to see a poll done on whether we should shoot it down or not. I would wager that 85% of Americans would say we should.

EDIT - and....another balloon spotted. This time over Latin America. https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updates/ ... d=96874279

---nothing to see here....just another weather research balloon that flew off course---

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:44 pm

If that thing has the next COVID virus, we’re all fucked. Remember that animals were and still are carrying the COVID virus. We don’t know what kind of biological weapons were in that thing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:07 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:44 pm
If that thing has the next COVID virus, we’re all fucked. Remember that animals were and still are carrying the COVID virus. We don’t know what kind of biological weapons were in that thing.
It can't just be shot down. It has to be burned up completely to destroy any potential NBC WMDs. That's what's been said for years about such objects.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:50 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:07 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:44 pm
It can't just be shot down. It has to be burned up completely to destroy any potential NBC WMDs. That's what's been said for years about such objects.
I agree. Let it come down and then destroy it on the ground so any potential pathogens are limited and less airborne.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:59 am

Can you imagine Art Bell talking about it? I always suspected that most of his reported UFOs were secret military craft from one country or another.

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:04 am

Another balloon has been spotted. This one is suspected to be a Russian spy balloon.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:03 am

The million dollar question to me is how that thing wasn't spotted prior to entering US airspace? I mean we spend a gazillion dollars a year on NORAD. How something like that could enter US airspace without being detected is somewhat chilling.

On the other hand maybe it was detected and they were ordered not to do anything about it. That's even more concerning.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:12 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:04 am
Another balloon has been spotted. This one is suspected to be a Russian spy balloon.

They should appoint a special council to investigate this. Looks like collusion to me.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:36 pm

Seems like you'd be able to take down a slow-moving object like that.

A remote-controlled blimp with some type of grapple to hook onto the balloon and then just use it's own weight to drag the balloon back to earth in a controlled manner.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:45 pm

There's no doubt we are perfectly capable of bringing it down safely and in-tact. Why Biden is not only choosing not to do so, but also choosing to outright lie about the reasons for not bringing it down needs to be investigated.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:18 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:03 am
The million dollar question to me is how that thing wasn't spotted prior to entering US airspace? I mean we spend a gazillion dollars a year on NORAD. How something like that could enter US airspace without being detected is somewhat chilling.

On the other hand maybe it was detected and they were ordered not to do anything about it. That's even more concerning.
The tragectory was discussed. The military has been following it and sends their apologies for not contacting Bryce sooner. However they chose to handle things is going to be wrong to Bryce and BMW, because it's amazing how much they have learned from their armchairs scrolling the internet.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic