Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chinese spy balloon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Chinese spy balloon

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:42 pm

Weak commander in chief?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:37 pm
Biden said he ordered it to be shot down on Wednesday, but the military overruled him. How the fuck did that happen?
Jesus H, there was no overruling. Biden initially want it taken down, he met with military who recommended it not be immediacy shot down. I suspect the military had its reasons and the reasons were persuasive enough to have the President change his mind.

For all we know they might have wanted it to fly for awhile so the SIGINT could have a crack at figuring out what was being being surveilled and what exactly was being harvested. There are three-letter agencies in our government that absolutely thrive on cracking that kind of stuff. Party time at the NSA.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:20 pm

Why would the Chinese use such a primitive technology?Aren't they masters at kite making?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:34 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 pm
Matt wrote:
Biden said he ordered it to be shot down on Wednesday, but the military overruled him. How the fuck did that happen?
Jesus H, there was no overruling. Biden initially want it taken down, he met with military who recommended it not be immediacy shot down. I suspect the military had its reasons and the reasons were persuasive enough to have the President change his mind.

For all we know they might have wanted it to fly for awhile so the SIGINT could have a crack at figuring out what was being being surveilled and what exactly was being harvested. There are three-letter agencies in our government that absolutely thrive on cracking that kind of stuff. Party time at the NSA.
Do you believe he walks on water too?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:00 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:34 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 pm
Matt wrote:

Do you believe he walks on water too?
I believe you are a victim in desperate need for a hug.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:33 pm

You can’t safely bring down an object at 60,000 feet over land… it’s gonna hit SOMETHING. It’s too high to catch either. They spotted the thing on Tuesday and it got reported on Thursday over Montana. Bryce and bmw… the story isn’t hard to follow. It’s a giant balloon.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 pm

Why was it allowed to enter U.S. airspace?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:53 pm
Very legitimate question. Hopefully there is a reasonable answer.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Bryce wrote:
I don't believe the Chinese asked permission.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:35 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:15 pm
Bryce wrote:
I hear it came through Canada. It's the Canada's fault.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:35 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Did you flunk geography?

The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:01 pm

Bryce wrote:
Good question. Ask the military.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:22 pm

It went from Alaska through Canada down to Montana and took a H*** southerly turn from there. It did go through Canada, and they should share some of the blame for not shooting it down over rural land. I am not sure if it entered near Juneau, that’s quite populated. Rural BC seems like it would be a logical place to shoot it down as well as Montana as I said before. But like I said, no one could know what was in there.

As someone said on Facebook, “Spy concerns? What is this, 1923? There are hundreds of satellites already high above us laying out topographical information as well as for specific military use too.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:16 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:22 pm
It went from Alaska through Canada down to Montana and took a H*** southerly turn from there. It did go through Canada, and they should share some of the blame for not shooting it down over rural land. I am not sure if it entered near Juneau, that’s quite populated. Rural BC seems like it would be a logical place to shoot it down as well as Montana as I said before. But like I said, no one could know what was in there.

As someone said on Facebook, “Spy concerns? What is this, 1923? There are hundreds of satellites already high above us laying out topographical information as well as for specific military use too.
Sometimes old technology is legitimate spy technology. Don’t dismiss the lowly balloon because it’s not a satellite.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:46 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:37 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:35 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Did you flunk geography?
Did you?

How might it get from Alaska to montana?

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic