Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Some People Did Something

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Some People Did Something

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:03 pm

The House voted Thursday to kick Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar off the House Foreign Affairs Committee. The resolution was approved in a 218-211 vote.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

georgetownt

Re: Some People Did Something

Post by georgetownt » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:18 pm

If only we can get an animated over the top plea to stop this..... cue AOC and her acting skills stage left (far left)

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 pm

Meanwhile, over at the heaping pile of shit known as the GOP:
WASHINGTON — Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., said Tuesday he will recuse himself from his committee assignments amid multiple investigations into his finances and other issues.

“With the ongoing attention surrounding both my personal and campaign financial investigations, I have submitted a request to Speaker McCarthy that I be temporarily recused from my committee assignments until I am cleared," Santos said in a statement.

“This was a decision that I take very seriously,” he added. “The business of the 118th Congress must continue without media fanfare. It is important that I primarily focus on serving the constituents of New York’s Third Congressional District and providing federal level representation without distraction.”

Santos, who has admitted to lying about much of his background and has faced numerous calls to resign from Congress, was assigned seats on the Small Business and Science committees. He told reporters Tuesday that he is not considering leaving office.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:23 pm

Santos needs to be recalled, if NY law allows it.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:33 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 pm
WASHINGTON — Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., said Tuesday he will recuse himself from his committee assignments amid multiple investigations into his finances and other issues.

“With the ongoing attention surrounding both my personal and campaign financial investigations, I have submitted a request to Speaker McCarthy that I be temporarily recused from my committee assignments until I am cleared," Santos said in a statement.

“This was a decision that I take very seriously,” he added. “The business of the 118th Congress must continue without media fanfare. It is important that I primarily focus on serving the constituents of New York’s Third Congressional District and providing federal level representation without distraction.”

Santos, who has admitted to lying about much of his background and has faced numerous calls to resign from Congress, was assigned seats on the Small Business and Science committees. He told reporters Tuesday that he is not considering leaving office.
Not one GOP/Repub/Conservative wants that clown around, simply, he needs to be fired, immediately....

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:34 pm

The censorship king from out of state.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:23 pm
Completely agree. Santos was elected entirely as a result of the mountain of lies he told. If he isn't completely cleared in the investigations against him, he's fraudulent and must be made to give up his seat immediately. I prefer candidates who have the cojones to own up to their backgrounds and records, and stand behind them, and then abide by what the electorate has to say. Santos has been lying through his teeth since he entered his race. If the investigations do not clear him 100%, Santos cannot keep his seat; what a horrible precedent that would set.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:21 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:33 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 pm

Not one GOP/Repub/Conservative wants that clown around, simply, he needs to be fired, immediately....
He would be gone if they didn't need him.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:26 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:03 pm
The House voted Thursday to kick Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar off the House Foreign Affairs Committee. The resolution was approved in a 218-211 vote.

So cancel culture only bothers you when we do the cancelling? Got it, thanks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:06 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:26 pm
Bryce wrote:

That....and he really doesn't hold a shine to people of color.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:32 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:06 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Bryce wrote:

I don't hold a shine to people who disparage this country, our anti-Semitic and support Hamas being in Congress much less that committee.

When you lefties throw the race card on something I know automatically that I've won the argument.

Also, I noticed none of you guys called out TC for what aboutism. Is that just reserved for conservatives?
Last edited by Bryce on Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:32 pm
When you lefties throw the race card on something I know automatically that I've won the argument.
Same here. It is outright embarrassing how often the left busts out that card as if it is a trump card over any argument you could possibly make.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Bryce wrote:

I don't hold a shine to people who disparage this country, our anti-Semitic and support Hamas being......

Lemme check all your posts disparaging MTG and the Jewish space lasers......damn, couldn't find any. Shocking.

Your positions and comments about people of color have been noted many times before. Just because you've refrained from using the n-word in this forum, we all know where you stand.

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:16 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:23 pm
Federal law doesn't allow it, regardless of state. https://www.cga.ct.gov/PS98/rpt%5Colr%5 ... R-1540.htm

As it turns out, there is a double whammy here, as even if that weren't the case, New York is also one of the 10 states that do not permit recalls at any level. (The others: Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Utah.)

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:23 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:09 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Bryce wrote:

I don't hold a shine to people who disparage this country, our anti-Semitic and support Hamas being......

Lemme check all your posts disparaging MTG and the Jewish space lasers......damn, couldn't find any. Shocking.

Your positions and comments about people of color have been noted many times before. Just because you've refrained from using the n-word in this forum, we all know where you stand.
Horseshit. You live in the realm that believes that if you criticize people that aren't white, you're automatically racist. That's a false narrative.

Hard for me to get my head around a Jew supporting Omar. You hate yourself?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic