Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Paul Pelosi attack video released

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Ben Zonia

Re: Paul Pelosi attack video released

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:22 am

A lot of this looks about several bubbles off plumb. It also looks like the whole videos aren't there. Like they didn't show the attacker entering through the window or the door. With all the baggage he was carrying, looks like he was there to stay. Why did he break the window if he didn't enter there or at least throw in the baggage?

The biggest question of all is, why did the attacker not attack him with the hammer until the police were inside and obviously taking video of the situation? Otherwise, the attack would have plausible deniability without video and continue to be a "he said he said" situation. The logical thing for a criminal to do would be to stop hammering after police witnesses are there and filming. It would be like calling the police to tell them you were going to rob a bank, and waiting to do it until the police were there to watch the robbery. Who would do that?

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:39 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:22 am
The biggest question of all is, why did the attacker not attack him with the hammer until the police were inside and obviously taking video of the situation? Otherwise, the attack would have plausible deniability without video and continue to be a "he said he said" situation. The logical thing for a criminal to do would be to stop hammering after police witnesses are there and filming. It would be like calling the police to tell them you were going to rob a bank, and waiting to do it until the police were there to watch the robbery. Who would do that?
Dunno. It's almost like this guy is mentally unstable, huh?

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:23 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
...The logical thing for a criminal to do...
I think you answered your own question with that oxymoron right there.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:14 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
.... The biggest question of all is, why did the attacker not attack him with the hammer until the police were inside and obviously taking video of the situation? ...
Here was my thought as I watched this. Neither one knows who's at the door.
I don't hear anyone in the video say it's the cops. Depape picks up something for self defense with Pelosi's blessing. When they realize it's the fuzz, Pelosi reaches over to get Depape to lower the hammer. Is this the first time Depape realized Pelosi called and gets more than a little upset?

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:33 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:14 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
.... The biggest question of all is, why did the attacker not attack him with the hammer until the police were inside and obviously taking video of the situation? ...
Here was my thought as I watched this. Neither one knows who's at the door.
I don't hear anyone in the video say it's the cops. Depape picks up something for self defense with Pelosi's blessing. When they realize it's the fuzz, Pelosi reaches over to get Depape to lower the hammer. Is this the first time Depape realized Pelosi called and gets more than a little upset?
Depape was standing near him when he made the phone call. In fact, Paul and Depape had "side" conversations when Paul was on the phone with 911. Depape even offered info during the call (that Paul relayed to the 911 operator), like "my name is David", and "I'm a friend of theirs" (or something like that). One of the most confusing parts is when Paul asks Depape (apparently) if he thinks they need help and Depape says (something like) "no, we're OK" and Paul relays that to the 911 operator ("He thinks everything's good. I've got a problem, but he thinks everything is good.")

It looks like Paul had a drink in his left hand when the door is opened. You see it in some of the still shots. His right hand is on part of the hammer when the door is opened, and it appears like Paul pulls his hand back just before Depape takes his swing.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:33 pm
Depape was standing near him when he made the phone call. In fact, Paul and Depape had "side" conversations when Paul was on the phone with 911. Depape even offered info during the call (that Paul relayed to the 911 operator), like "my name is David", and "I'm a friend of theirs" (or something like that). One of the most confusing parts is when Paul asks Depape (apparently) if he thinks they need help and Depape says (something like) "no, we're OK" and Paul relays that to the 911 operator ("He thinks everything's good. I've got a problem, but he thinks everything is good.")

It looks like Paul had a drink in his left hand when the door is opened. You see it in some of the still shots. His right hand is on part of the hammer when the door is opened, and it appears like Paul pulls his hand back just before Depape takes his swing.
Does Depape know Pelosi is talking to 911? I'm thinking maybe not because Depape is offering info about himself.
Didn't someone say Pelosi was hiding in the bathroom or something when he first called? I dunno. I stand by my initial thought that neither one knew who was at the door when they opened it. And like you just said, when they realized it was the cops, Pelosi reached over like "we don't need that, it's not an intruder". Who knows. None of us were there. It's all hearsay and conjecture.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic