Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gun Dealer goes to prison

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Gun Dealer goes to prison

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:20 pm

This is the first time I have read about jail time for gun dealing. We really need to punish those selling rouge guns.
Man gets 3 years

Man purchased more than 40 guns, sold some to felons convicted in homicides, other crimes

GRAND RAPIDS (AP) — A man who purchased more than 40 guns and then flipped some to felons who used them in homicides and other crimes was sentenced to three years in federal prison Monday.

The guns were traced to the fatal shooting of a 2-year-old child near Grand Rapids a year ago and a homicide in Flint in 2021, prosecutors said.

“Straw purchasing and gun trafficking drive a dangerous black market for firearms,” said Mark Totten, the U.S. attorney in western Michigan.

Jerreil Martin was accused of purchasing 45 guns. He charged his customers $50 to $100 when he lied on forms saying he was buying them for himself, investigators said.

Martin “knew that his customers were not able to buy guns for themselves,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Erin Lane said in a court filing. “He also knew some of his customers were reselling guns to other people. This did not deter him.

“The whereabouts of almost all the guns that the defendant straw purchased and trafficked remains unknown,” Lane said.

Martin, who pleaded guilty to making false statements during gun purchases, was sentenced to 37 months in prison.

“I regret it all from the beginning to the end,” Martin said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Robert Jonker.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Gun Dealer goes to prison

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:33 am

About damn time!

Let’s put the election deniers like fake elector Cliff Frost who forged the falsehood of a Trump MI victory in jail!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:52 am

I agree with TC and Freak.
If you have anything to do with having a gun illegally, you should be served a very harsh sentence.
The original post was about dealing arms illegal and only got 3 years. How about 20?.
Also just being caught with a weapon that you should not legally have. Or even getting caught with a loaded gun under the seat. Doing anything that's not legal with a gun. Mandatory jail time. Period.

Don't get me wrong. I'm on board with everyone having a gun. As long as it's legal.
And everyone can have a gun. Just go thru the proper hoops.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:48 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:20 pm
This is the first time I have read about jail time for gun dealing. We really need to punish those selling rouge guns.
What do you have against pink or reddish guns??

That aside, this guy wasn't a gun dealer. He was a straw purchaser, and that's been illegal for a LONG time. It just doesn't get prosecuted enough.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:01 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:48 am
TC Talks wrote:

That aside, this guy wasn't a gun dealer. He was a straw purchaser, and that's been illegal for a LONG time. It just doesn't get prosecuted enough.
We agree, the pro gun folks should lobby for these prosecutions

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:01 pm
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Um, they do. Every single one I know does. They also advocate for enforcing all the current gun laws. How many felons - just in Detroit - are out on the street even though they have numerous charges for possession of weapons?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:32 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:01 pm
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Um, they do. Every single one I know does. They also advocate for enforcing all the current gun laws. How many felons - just in Detroit - are out on the street even though they have numerous charges for possession of weapons?
Can you point me to an active lobbying site to stop straw selling?

There are thousands of sites promoting gun sales.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Three years is a slap on the wrist. He should've been sentenced to 10 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic