Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

67 mass shootings as of Valentine's Day

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: 67 mass shootings as of Valentine's Day

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:15 pm

Actually, scratch that. I am HIGHLY disappointed that NOBODY has accused this of being a false flag or a shooter sent by the Democrats who may have voted for Walter Mondale in 1984. For shame.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:32 pm

God damn it. Now Joe Biden is at my front door, demanding my guns. I knew it. And he drank my last cold Pepsi and kicked my dog.
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:34 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:32 pm
God damn it. Now Joe Biden is at my front door, demanding my guns. I knew it. And he drank my last cold Pepsi and kicked my dog.
Weird - when I answered his knocking, he welcomed me to Wal-Mart. 🤷
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
It's always a source of amusement when these keyboard Rambo's bring up gun confiscation. We already know from watching Ukraine battle footage that has demonstrated if da' big bad gubmint wants to take you out they have drones that will drop an explosive on you through your vehicle's sun roof if they damn well want to. One more jive excuse.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:22 pm

My friend coached one of the victims, Alexandria, when she worked for Clawson Cheer. We need to look at this seriously rather than the same old rhetoric. Peace and love. Hold your loved ones close and live your lives to the fullest. For me, it means being who I am with no apologies. Who are we going to decide to be as a nation?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:34 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Weird - when I answered his knocking, he welcomed me to Wal-Mart. 🤷
What's worse is it was at Meijer.

Edit: I read that backwards. My point still stands.

I always said if Joe Biden pulled out in front of me in traffic, I'd be pissed, doing 20 in a 45 with his left blinker on.
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:07 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
It's always a source of amusement when these keyboard Rambo's bring up gun confiscation. We already know from watching Ukraine battle footage that has demonstrated if da' big bad gubmint wants to take you out they have drones that will drop an explosive on you through your vehicle's sun roof if they damn well want to. One more jive excuse.
I mean, it IS a great selling point. I heard Clinton is gonna take your guns. Then Obama was gonna take your guns. Then Biden was gonna take your guns. I wouldn't be shocked if it went on prior. Nothing sells faster than "hurry before it's too late!"
-TurkeyTop

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:29 pm

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 904404007/

TL;DR: In 2019, Anthony McRae was arrested and charged with illegally carrying a concealed weapon, a felony that could have prevented him from legally owning a weapon if convicted. However, Carol Siemon, former progressive Ingham County Prosecutor and notorious for being lenient on criminals and offering plea deals, agreed to a misdemeanor charge that allowed him to continue to own a gun.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:10 am

Actually a lot of the time the folks doing the disarming are UNARMED. Rarely does anybody happen to be carrying a gun in the right spot where a shooting is taking place.
Umm maybe because they are prohibited from having one in "the right spot."

If you use the FBI definition of “mass public shootings” as an incident in which four or more people are killed (excluding the shooter) by gunfire in a non-gang or non-drug related capacity, as well as a “gun-free zone” as areas where the average citizen, even those with proper permits, can’t typically carry guns, somewhere around 97% of mass shootings take place in gun free zones.

Time to ban Gun Free Zones, they are simply nothing but Killing Fields.
No. Full stop. Ban the god damn guns. Thereafter if you’re caught with one you lose your hands and thus your ability to fire the gun. Have fun.

We are the only country where this happens. That’s not something to be proud of though apparently you display this fact as often as possible with a shit eating grin on your face.

While we are at it build new mental institutions to house the folks who clearly need it or show signs of serious issues. There is a reason they used to take people away in straight jackets. They didn’t want people running amok around the countryside. Private sector outpatient “if they want help they’ll get it” mental healthcare is a sham.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:05 pm

No. Full stop. Ban the god damn guns. Thereafter if you’re caught with one you lose your hands and thus your ability to fire the gun. Have fun.
How about we start enforcing the laws that are already in place?
Last year Ingham County Prosecutor Carol Siemon and Washtenaw County Prosecutor Eli Savit said they would forgo charging people with illegal firearms or narcotics that were discovered by police during certain traffic stops. Siemon also said she would eschew most felony firearm charges.
Anthony McRae was arrested in Lansing and charged in June 2019 with carrying a concealed pistol without a concealed carry permit, according to Ingham County court records obtained Tuesday by The News. The initial charge was a felony that carried a potential penalty of five years in prison, according to the records.
In October 2019, Ingham County prosecutors added a second charge against McRae: possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle, a misdemeanor.

That same month, October 2019, McRae agreed to plead guilty to the lesser misdemeanor charge, and prosecutors dismissed the felony charge.
If charged and convicted of a felony, Mr. McRae would have had to surrender any firearms he may have owned and been precluded from owning or possessing any firearms in the future. If current laws had been enforced as they should have been, this tragic incident may not have happened.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:31 pm

Do you believe your own bullshit?
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:31 pm
When you have a group that makes up about seven percent of the population in the U.S. commit close to fifty percent of the gun homicides (according to FBI crime statistics) and then decide to stop charging that group with gun crimes in the name of racial justice, what could go wrong?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:37 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:31 pm
When you have a group that makes up about seven percent of the population in the U.S. commit close to fifty percent of the gun homicides (according to FBI crime statistics) and then decide to stop charging that group with gun crimes in the name of racial justice, what could go wrong?
Mass shootings are overwhelmingly committed by white males. You're losing focus.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Mass shootings are overwhelmingly committed by white males. You're losing focus.
Are those the only shootings and murders you care about?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:37 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Are those the only shootings and murders you care about?
In this discussion? Absolutely

Go start your own discussion about the relationship between poverty and violence some place else.
― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic