Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ooops! Stay Classi-fied.

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: Ooops! Stay Classi-fied.

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:05 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:32 pm
Bryce wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:33 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:28 pm
Ooh. I haven't listened to the Slim Shady LP in a while. Good call, Matt.
LP?
Aren't you like 90 years old and you don't know what an LP is?
Sure I know what an LP is. I just didn't know Em and Em had his own line of propane.

Really though, I didn't think that they produced Slim Shady on vinyl or if they did not many. Wasn't that somewhere around 2000 about the time even CD's were starting to loose out to digital?
No, that's literally the name of the album. The Slim Shady LP (1999). The next year was The Marshall Mathers LP. They were not released in vinyl at the time, but today you can buy a copy for the low, low price of $60.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:37 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:49 am
Rate This wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:04 pm
Bryce wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:18 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:23 pm

Because the two stories may be similar but provide an opportunity to compare and contrast the actions of back to back presidents over similar subject material.
Oh contraire! One was a President at the time the documents were removed. The other was a Vice President. No comparison or contrast. A Vice President does not have the ability to declassify documents.
Neither does a president at the wave of a hand. There is a PROCESS.
Would you mind describing this "process" and give a reason said process would trump Article II of the COTUS?
Article II mentions declassification at the wave of a hand or because the president speaks it? Must have missed that one.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:29 pm

After reviewing this further, I feel that it is in the best interest of the country that Joe Biden resigns so that Kamala can take his place. This is not acceptable. To have documents in your home for 6+ years. And to do this while your opponent is getting his house cleaned out. C’mon man…
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:19 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:29 pm
After reviewing this further, I feel that it is in the best interest of the country that Joe Biden resigns so that Kamala can take his place. This is not acceptable. To have documents in your home for 6+ years. And to do this while your opponent is getting his house cleaned out. C’mon man…
Hello president Deathsantis.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:46 pm

Before the events of last week, that also would have resulted in Pelosi being VP. Makes me moist just to think about the prospect of those two women slapping the shit out of a bunch of old fuck white conservative men.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:21 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:46 pm
Before the events of last week, that also would have resulted in Pelosi being VP. Makes me moist just to think about the prospect of those two women slapping the shit out of a bunch of old fuck white conservative men.
A new president picks the VP (subject to congressional approval) - it's not just readjusting chairs on the Titanic.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:00 pm

Now after a comment made by Biden on Jay Leno's Garage back in 2016 has been brought to the public's attention (specifically, that his 2 sons rebuilt the engine in his Corvette), there's questions as to whether Beau and Hunter had direct access to the 2nd set of documents.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:07 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:00 pm
Now after a comment made by Biden on Jay Leno's Garage back in 2016 has been brought to the public's attention (specifically, that his 2 sons rebuilt the engine in his Corvette), there's questions as to whether Beau and Hunter had direct access to the 2nd set of documents.
Using Jay Leno’s garage for anything other than wondering how a guy can have such a big chin is probably foolish… it’s also a way to trap Biden into having to prove a negative. So I would tread lightly there… folks would be champing at the bit to exploit something where he can’t prove it didn’t happen even if it never did (as if they kept them out on the coffee table or some other silly place).

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:31 am

Biden's mistake has got to have Trump laughing.

The AG will be hamstrung do nothing now to either one.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:55 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:31 am

It depends on what the special councils find. If one clears Biden and the other finds Trump did a bunch of bad things he’ll be hard pressed not to nail him. The cases are not at all the same.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:46 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:55 am
audiophile wrote:

It depends on what the special councils find. If one clears Biden and the other finds Trump did a bunch of bad things he’ll be hard pressed not to nail him. The cases are not at all the same.
What if one clears Trump but the other finds that Biden "did a bunch of bad things?"
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:04 am

Matt wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:46 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:55 am
audiophile wrote:

What if one clears Trump but the other finds that Biden "did a bunch of bad things?"
Unlikely but such is life. Biden will still get bonus points for turning it over in a timely fashion and having his places searched bow to stern right away. It could have saved Trump a lot of grief.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:42 am

What led the FBI to Trump in the first place? He was doing things to leverage those records. That's why he fought tooth and nail to keep them.

Biden offered his up.

Also, cant Biden use the same defense Trump is using? A bunch of you seemed buy it...

Having those Biden files gives Justice the green light to go after both of them, as it just became non-partisan. One might end up with bigger headaches than the other.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:07 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:42 am
What led the FBI to Trump in the first place? He was doing things to leverage those records. That's why he fought tooth and nail to keep them.
You have proof of this? You keep saying that, but offer no proof. But, I suppose if your side can make up shit out of whole cloth about Trump peeing on hookers, nothing should surprise us.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:17 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:04 am
Unlikely but such is life. Biden will still get bonus points for turning it over in a timely fashion and having his places searched bow to stern right away. It could have saved Trump a lot of grief.
Except that we don't know how long Biden has been in possession of said documents nor do we know how long he's known that he possessed them. It is possible that he's had them and knew that he had them as far back as 2008 (at least the ones in his garage anyways). So it is premature to claim that he "turned them over in a timely fashion." Sure, after he got caught, but my question is what did he know and when did he know it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic