Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can Democrats find 6 Republicans to flip?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Re: Can Democrats find 6 Republicans to flip?

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:26 am

My short and very uneducated analysis of this Congressional ShitShow:

The only deal Dems are ready to make right now is Jefferies as speaker. No other name will attract one D vote right now.
The hard core R's voting against McCarthy only have one goal - stop Kevin. Once he bows out, this gets settled right away.
A current R member of the House will be Speaker with no D votes. My guess is not Scalise and for sure not Stefanik but no idea who.
BUT, look at what's happened in Penn and Ohio - D's have been cutting deals. But there stories have not been dominating the cable news cycle this week either.

paul8539

Re: Can Democrats find 6 Republicans to flip?

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:36 am

Actually, the best thing that Democrats could do at this point is to have McCarthy as Speaker. There would be a big divide in the House; not between Democrats and Republicans, but between right-wing Republicans and normal Republicans. The Democrats could take advantage of this and push through legislation that they normally could not.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic