Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kevin McCarthy not enough of a weasel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Colonel Flagg

Re: Kevin McCarthy not enough of a weasel

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:03 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:30 pm
We are at the 11th vote. I am embarrassed for you people.
"You people" well, well...a member of your own party basically called out Donalds as being an "Uncle Tom"

I'd be careful throwing around phrases like "you people" if I were you. But sure, what the hell, gridlock is good, and any little dust-up that gets the Dems into snit is fine with me.

"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:54 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:44 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Why do say that?

Democrats are nothing but a bunch of robots, that come pre-programmed with woke, dumb ideas.
You do realize that the bible-thumpers are the other side of the horseshoe from the "wokies", right? Both are pre-programmed and both want to hide or distort knowledge.
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:03 am
TC Talks wrote:
"You people" well, well...a member of your own party basically called out Donalds as being an "Uncle Tom"

I'd be careful throwing around phrases like "you people" if I were you.
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:57 am
Bill Bonds, Jac LeGoff, Mort Crim, Dwayne X Riley, Bob Bennett, and Emory King were "legends". Huel was always a little too smug and uppity for me.
Its amusing when racists accuse other people of being racist.
Last edited by Deleted User 9015 on Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:39 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:03 am
TC Talks wrote:

I'd be careful throwing around phrases like "you people" if I were you. But sure, what the hell, gridlock is good, and any little dust-up that gets the Dems into snit is fine with me.
And when I say you people, from your perspective, I meant white racist trash.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:33 am

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:44 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Why do say that?

Democrats are nothing but a bunch of robots, that come pre-programmed with woke, dumb ideas.
I may have to agree with audiophile to a certain extent. They're not going to get Jeffries. Ponder the pros and cons of the Democrats thinking outside the box and all voting for Donalds this morning.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:20 am

As a democrat I would be furious if they voted for a conservative. This is the Republican's mess, let's not get this confused.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:45 am

Bullshit. If Democrats want to reduce the influence of folks like Gaetz and Green then they should cough up a few votes for McCarthy if they really think he'd be an acceptable Speaker. If they don't. then they should get on board with someone other than McCarthy.

We (the people) really should not accept a Speaker unless they have some support from both parties, even if begrudgingly.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:54 am

Sorry, if the Republicans want to end this embarrassment, a few need to defect and vote for Jefferies. He's the leader at the moment with 212 vote. McCarthy keeps losing votes.
km1125 wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:45 am
Bullshit. If Democrats want to reduce the influence of folks like Gaetz and Green then they should cough up a few votes for McCarthy if they really think he'd be an acceptable Speaker. If they don't. then they should get on board with someone other than McCarthy.

We (the people) really should not accept a Speaker unless they have some support from both parties, even if begrudgingly.

― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:50 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:20 am
As a democrat I would be furious if they voted for a conservative. This is the Republican's mess, let's not get this confused.
Jefferies is moderate enough for 6 Republicans
if the Republicans want to end this embarrassment, a few need to defect and vote for Jefferies
I'm guessing Republicans would be furious if they voted for a liberal.

According to Voteview.com Jefferies is more liberal than 92% of the whole House and more liberal than 85% of democrats'.
McCarthy is more conservative than 71% of the house but more liberal than 59% of republicans.
So McCarthy is closer to the middle than Jefferies by a fair amount.

According to Govtrack McCarthy is the 2nd most liberal Republican while while they list 147 democrat's more conservative than Jefferies.
So again they have McCarthy more to the center than Jefferies by a fair amount.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:01 pm

20 outcasts are trying to pull the entire country to their warped view of this nations needs.

The mid-terms demonstrated that even Republicans overwhelmingly have rejected this radical conservative perspective. Kevin McCarthy is a far right conservative, these people are just crazy. Even Republicans on this board have called this group "outcasts".

Coming up: Vote 13

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:57 pm

The Trumptards are caving in but not enough of them. Jefferies remains strong.

On to 14!

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:46 pm

Based on the reversal of the adjourn vote, I'd say it looks like a deal has been reached. I expect to wake up in the morning and read that McCarthy is the Speaker of the House.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:18 am

This is what we get when Florida elects a pedophile... The Republican party is an embarrassment.

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, had declined yet again to vote for Representative Kevin McCarthy of California on a 14th ballot, helping sink McCarthy’s chances at speaker that round.

With Republican lawmakers growing irritable after days of fruitless voting, a heated argument broke out between several of them. But Representative Mike Rogers of Alabama, a McCarthy ally who is in line to become the next chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, took it to another level when he stepped toward Mr. Gaetz and had to be restrained.

The dramatic moment was captured on C-SPAN’s video cameras, which, lacking the typical restraints placed upon them in a House with a speaker, were free to show whatever moments from the floor its operators deemed newsworthy.

Mr. Gaetz had emerged as the most outspoken critic of Mr. McCarthy, lambasting him in increasingly vitriolic and personal terms. He had mocked how Mr. McCarthy has “sold shares of himself” for power and called the Californian the “Lebron James of special interest fund-raising.”

At the same time, Mr. Gaetz had reportedly sought a subcommittee chairmanship in the House Armed Services Committee.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 am

BWM was right, TCT fail.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:31 am

Free thinkers vs. the Borg Collective.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:40 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 am
BWM was right, TCT fail.
You're proud of the Kristian values shining through from the Republican party?

Did you think this was in any way of victory for that the party? They won't operate anywhere close to functional. You really like to separate from reality don't you?

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic