Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pope Benedict Dead

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Pope Benedict Dead

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:23 pm

See ya, Ratzinger. Go sleep with the pedos you defended.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 am

The Catholics I know dislike Francis' leadership, and they think last good pope was Pope John Paul II.

Are far as TCT's claim of his leadership herein, well that sounds like someone that wants to say "look at me" while being totally unqualified for the role.

Also see:
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/bible ... thing.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:17 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:54 am
The Catholics I know dislike Francis' leadership, and they think last good pope was Pope John Paul II.

Are far as TCT's claim of his leadership herein, well that sounds like someone that wants to say "look at me" while being totally unqualified for the role.

Also see:
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/bible ... thing.html
The Catholics you know likely refuse to acknowledge that preists raped children.

You are an evangelist and you believe that you can force all Americans into Christian values. You have the choice to live your life according to scriptures. Gay people have the choice to be gay, rape victims can take steps to make things right in their life, and people don't need to live Christian values if they don't choose to. The funny thing is? I'm the one who advocates for those who we are directed to help, and you condem them. Who's the Christian?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:47 pm

Most the ones I know are vocal advocates for sexual abuse victims (mainly from relatives) so your rape postulate is just more asinine talk.

You really don't know me very well, do you? Everyone has right to their own freedom.

Yes, I do believe in rights for the viable unborn, yet you try to flip the narrative that's somehow evil?

I'm just trying to protect the most vulnerable in society - the unborn. It your position is very unsavory - you advocate that viable fetus' be slaughtered!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:39 pm

Your quest for the unborn is tainted AND a matter for one's personal beliefs.

I recommend that you don't have an abortion given your beliefs.

How do you help those who are born whom the scriptures discuss at length?

You never mention your struggles to help them as you are commanded. This is the hypocrisy I am curious about. You are all about supporting the most vile part of the political party that refuse grace at every opportunity.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:16 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:17 am
I'm the one who advocates for those who we are directed to help, and you condem them. Who's the Christian?
This is the problem that I have with your posts on religion in here. What puts you in a position to tell a self-proclaimed Christian to their face that they're not really a Christian? Do you ever do that in your role as a Deacon? Have you ever had an in-person conversation with someone and basically told them right to their face that they're not really a Christian, and that instead you're the only real Christian out of the two of you?

Or are you only a Deacon some times and "off the clock" when you post in internet forums?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:16 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:17 am
I'm the one who advocates for those who we are directed to help, and you condem them. Who's the Christian?
This is the problem that I have with your posts on politics in here. What puts you in a position to tell a self-proclaimed patriot to their face that they're not really a patriot? Do you ever do that in your role as a(n) American? Have you ever had an in-person conversation with someone and basically told them right to their face that they're not really a(n) American and that instead you're the only real American out of the two of you?

Or are you only a(n) American some times and "off the clock" when you post in internet forums?
It's the same theory at work just because I mark the box with the D next to the name, rather than the R.

It may not always be you, but it's the same issue many of us have.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:54 pm

It's not the same thing though. A Deacon is someone with an actual position of power within a church, and hence, is higher up within a church's hierarchy. Two random Americans getting into an argument over who the "real Patriot" is amounts to nothing more than an argument between 2 people with equal amounts of power.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:20 am

I have power!!!

Let me ask my wife if I can have it for a minute.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:06 am

A Deacon in my church is someone who cares for people. It's not a political office like in certain religions. Once ordained, I will always be a Deacon.
The Book of Order calls ordained deacons to a ministry of “compassion, witness, and service, sharing in the redeeming love of Jesus Christ for the poor, the hungry, the sick, the lost, the friendless, the oppressed, those burdened by unjust policies or structures, or anyone in distress"
But as an Elder, I am in a different role.
Ruling elders are so named not because they “lord it over” the congregation (Matt. 20:25), but because they are chosen by the congregation to discern and measure its fidelity to the Word of God, and to strengthen and nurture its faith and life.
I view certain organizations as a threat to faith and the teachings of Chist. I have no problem calling the misguided out.

To use your patriot example, I clearly called out those insurrectionists from Jan 6, and based on the convictions from this nation of laws, I was dead on...

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:31 am

You posted somewhere you hadn't been to physical church in several years, and then you posted your church is virtual:
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Actually, my church currently meets virtually with lay pastors. Before COVID we met in a park where the homeless could join us. Occasionally we use the Chapel at the Homeless shelter.

Budget: 0
I guess you are a virtual deacon, LOL.

Frankly, your own writings on this board completely disqualify you from any legitimate organization:
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:54 pm
I think every Evangelical Church should extend their services. They have already established themselves as a bunch of self-absorbed assholes. Now let's let the pandemic have God's way with them...
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:53 am
I think you should follow the teachings of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster...
Oh look it - $59.00 to be a "Deacon":
https://order.spaghettimonster.org/ordination/
Last edited by audiophile on Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:16 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:31 am
You posted somewhere you hadn't been to physical church in several years, and then you posted your church is virtual:
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Actually, my church currently meets virtually with lay pastors. Before COVID we met in a park where the homeless could join us. Occasionally we use the Chapel at the Homeless shelter.
Budget: 0
I guess you are a virtual deacon, LOL.
Frankly, your own writings on this board completely disqualify you from any legitimate organization:
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:54 pm
I think every Evangelical Church should extend their services. They have already established themselves as a bunch of self-absorbed assholes. Now let's let the pandemic have God's way with them...
You need a building to help those in need? Interesting. I guess it's a way to keep those you don't like out. You certainly like to judge people about how faith works, isn't that God's job? I have a number of LGBTQ+ friends who are Christians, do you?
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:53 am
I think you should follow the teachings of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster...
Oh look it - cost you $59.00, "Deacon"?
https://order.spaghettimonster.org/ordination/
I should join them too. However I am a deacon with one of the founding denominations of our country. How old is your church? When did "Profit Faith" gain traction?

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:34 am

How old your church is, really has zero relevancy. Just more showboating, IMHO.

Our pastor just goes through the bible fairly sequentially. We don't even take offerings at my church. My pastor is not political at all. Food and prayer are available 24/7 from the church. The church is very multiracial, and you might get a hearty handshake AND a hug during greeting time!

For the extra's, we do communion every week and sing a few songs of contemporary sounding music, with keyboard, acoustic, electric and a full drum set. He preaches directly from scripture on the screen, what else do you need to know...it's pretty simple. Even if you disagree personally, you can read what it says yourself and then go have an argument with the author! :blink

I'm just a humble attender, nothing more.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:12 am

Its not just the Catholics, either. The Amish are even worse. Then theres the flds, all that. Then its basically expected for young boys to be molested in some Islamic faiths. Organized religion basically sets the stage to allow horrible things to happen and it doesn't seem like we can depend on anyone on the inside to stand up and prevent it. If we can't just outright disband it, at least stop subsidizing it by not making these people pay taxes.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:38 am

I heard a story that Pope Benedict and Pope Francis had a friendly bet over a soccer game between Germany and Argentina a few years ago. The loser had to buy the Holy Water.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic