Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:54 pm

I commend the state of New York GOP for calling on Santos to resign and for repudiating his web of lies.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:43 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:54 pm
I commend the state of New York GOP for calling on Santos to resign and for repudiating his web of lies.
The Times has now found that he established shell companies to funnel money, misrepresenting one as a 501C4. That's federal campaign and financial violations.

He probably thinks he's safer as a congressman than without the title.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:04 pm

Poor George, hanging out with the GOP can get you in all kinds of trouble. It's the party of derricks.
A prospective congressional aide has accused Representative George Santos of ethics violations and sexual harassment, according to a letter the man sent to the House Committee on Ethics and posted to Twitter on Friday.

The man, Derek Myers, briefly worked in Mr. Santos’s office before his job offer was rescinded earlier this week, according to the letter.

Mr. Myers said in the letter that he was alone with Mr. Santos in his office on Jan. 25 when the congressman asked him whether he had a profile on Grindr, a popular gay dating app. Then, he said, Mr. Santos invited him to karaoke and touched his groin, assuring him that his husband was out of town.

Mr. Myers’s account could not be corroborated, but a spokeswoman for Representative Susan Wild, ranking member of the House Ethics Committee, acknowledged that his letter had been received by her office.

Mr. Myers said in an interview that he also filed a report with the Capitol Police, speaking to an officer over the phone. On Twitter, he said that he was making his complaint public for the sake of transparency.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:04 pm
... Mr. Myers’s account could not be corroborated ....
Although I feel Santos should be thrown out of Congress tomorrow, I myself would of never posted this as soon as I seen what I quoted,

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:40 am

Round Six wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:04 pm
... Mr. Myers’s account could not be corroborated ....
Although I feel Santos should be thrown out of Congress tomorrow, I myself would of never posted this as soon as I seen what I quoted,
I think it's a broader commentary on people who are drawn to the GOP

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 10, 2023 9:12 pm

On the heels of his hero, George is now in trouble with the federal government....

Another Republican victim.
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. — For months, Representative George Santos seemed to possess a Teflon-like resistance to repercussions, even as questions mounted over his income, campaign finances and rags-to-riches life story.

Mr. Santos, a first-term Republican representing Long Island and Queens, gave numerous speeches on the House floor and appeared to relish his growing notoriety. Just in the last month, he announced his bid for re-election and tried to leverage his vote with House Republican leadership on a contentious bill to raise the debt ceiling.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Santos was confronted with consequences that may prove difficult to skirt. Federal prosecutors charged him with 13 counts of wire fraud, money laundering, stealing public funds and lying on federal disclosure forms, and took him into custody.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic