Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:05 pm
This guy won in a democrat district - where was the oppo research?
I think this was a redistricting situation that favored the GOP.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/ne ... ve-israel/

From the Daily Beast:
The cousin and cash handler for one of Russia's most notorious oligarchs poured tens of thousands of dollars into electing a newly minted congressman-elect who called Ukraine's government "a totalitarian regime."

Republican George Devolder-Santos vanquished Democrat Robert Zimmerman this month in the race for a House seat covering parts of Long Island and the New York City borough of Queens—riding a red wave that swept the Empire State this cycle, and washing away two decades of Democratic dominance in the district.

Devolder-Santos had long courted conservative media attention by presenting himself as a "walking, living, breathing contradiction"—a gay Latino millennial born in New York City, who is also a fervent devotee of ex-President Donald Trump.
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:18 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:05 pm
This guy won in a democrat district - where was the oppo research?
I think this was a redistricting situation that favored the GOP.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/ne ... ve-israel/
Still, Matt is right on. How could none of this been found out by the Democrats? Did they even check if a man named Santos had a bar mitzvah? I know it's hindsight, but it sure seems there were plenty of red flags, and just things that basic vetting could have brought out.

The censorship king from out of state.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:08 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:18 pm
Still, Matt is right on. How could none of this been found out by the Democrats? Did they even check if a man named Santos had a bar mitzvah? I know it's hindsight, but it sure seems there were plenty of red flags, and just things that basic vetting could have brought out.
I wonder if this was a district that everyone assumed was to go Republican.
And the Democrats focused their vetting on other seats that would be a closer race. I dunno if this is the case. Just the first thing to cross my mind.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:14 pm

Here comes the pile on from everyone who has lost their minds over missing this one.
Days after Representative-elect George Santos admitted misrepresenting his background, a Long Island prosecutor said she would investigate whether he had committed any crimes, while those who supported his campaign expressed mixed emotions about the revelations now swirling around him.

Anne Donnelly, the Nassau County district attorney, said in a statement that the “numerous fabrications and inconsistencies associated with Congressman-elect Santos are nothing short of stunning” and called for him to be more accountable.

“No one is above the law, and if a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it,” said Ms. Donnelly, a Republican, in a statement that was first reported by Newsday.

Ms. Donnelly’s examination adds to the mounting pressure faced by Mr. Santos, a Republican who will represent northern Nassau County and northeast Queens when the next Congress begins, in the wake of a New York Times investigation that uncovered discrepancies in his campaign biography and raised questions about his business dealings.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:39 am

This guy would make a perfect Speaker for the Republicans.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/29/george-sa ... m-in-2016/

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:28 pm

I mean, he must REALLY love Trump based on the proficiency with which he lies...

Maybe a illegitimate son?

― Noam Chomsky

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:55 pm

But who comes to this liars defense?

You have one guess..........

MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marjorie ... 9de1b339ec

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:04 pm

Still, Matt is right on. How could none of this been found out by the Democrats? Did they even check if a man named Santos had a bar mitzvah? I know it's hindsight, but it sure seems there were plenty of red flags
Here's a wild theory - maybe they DID know. Or had an inkling. They were convinced they were going to lose the House anyway, and one seat wouldn't matter. They get a whiff of the improprieties in Santos' CV and say "We could bring this up now.. it would be a local story - we would be accused of mudslinging and it would die down soon. OR we can wait til after the election. If we win, no big deal. If we lose, we leak some details to The NY Times, which has a lot more resources for research than we do. And maybe it will allow us to discredit the new "Republican Liars Regime." That's how I see it...

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:14 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:04 pm
Still, Matt is right on. How could none of this been found out by the Democrats? Did they even check if a man named Santos had a bar mitzvah? I know it's hindsight, but it sure seems there were plenty of red flags
Here's a wild theory - maybe they DID know. Or had an inkling. They were convinced they were going to lose the House anyway, and one seat wouldn't matter. They get a whiff of the improprieties in Santos' CV and say "We could bring this up now.. it would be a local story - we would be accused of mudslinging and it would die down soon. OR we can wait til after the election. If we win, no big deal. If we lose, we leak some details to The NY Times, which has a lot more resources for research than we do. And maybe it will allow us to discredit the new "Republican Liars Regime." That's how I see it...
Interesting theory. I think you might be giving the Dems too much credit, but it is plausible.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:20 pm

The Republicans spent lots of money in NY Congressional swing districts and the state Democratic Party took it for granted. Pretty dumb.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:01 am

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
The New York Times has the best investigation team in the US. Don't insult them by suggesting politicians could do better.

― Noam Chomsky

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:39 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:01 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
The New York Times has the best investigation team in the US. Don't insult them by suggesting politicians could do better.
Sorry Buckaroo - it seems that some of this info WAS in the oppo research done by the Democrats after Santos became the candidate. Just wasn't communicated too well.

Read it for free here. You're welcome

And when you read the original NY Times article (from Dec 19th) you get the feeling that someone or something tipped off these reporters, one who recently moved from investigations to NY politics beat. (Sorry, you'll have to get that one on your own)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:28 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:01 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
The political parties employ teams of people who’s job it is to embarrass their opponents and dig up dirt and dust off skeletons… who are you kidding?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:11 pm

And yet, New York Times reporters have decades of experience. I'm not suggesting that George wasn't low hanging fruit, but suggesting that NYT doesn't need help from a 22 year old intern at the state office who knows how to surf social media, and I know a few kids who did this during the midterms.

It seems like the DMC wrote off this district and didn't pay much attention to it.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:14 pm

It looks like Long Island Republicans want Santos gone... They just released his "resume" so the world could see how extensively he lied...

For a good laugh...
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/ ... 3/full.pdf

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic