Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:55 am

Anyone following this situation?

George Santos, He holds press conferences acknowledging he lied about most of the things he said during his campaign (over 30 claims). He donated H*** sums of money from his company which no one has any idea where the funding came from. This guy has Brazilian mob stink all over him. Sounds like a perfect Republican.

He will have ethics charges against him almost immediately after taking office.
Democrats — including the outgoing House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, and the next House Democratic minority leader, Representative Hakeem Jeffries of New York — have suggested Mr. Santos is unfit to serve in Congress. Top House Republican leaders, including Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, have largely remained silent.

The House can only prevent candidates from taking office if they violate the Constitution’s age, citizenship and state residency requirements. Once he has been seated, however, Mr. Santos could face ethics investigations, legal experts have said.

Of greater potential concern are questions about Mr. Santos’s financial disclosures, where he reported earning millions of dollars from his company, the Devolder Organization.

Mr. Santos disclosed little about the operations of his company, and The Times could find no public-facing assets or other property tied to the firm. Mr. Santos also did not list any clients on his disclosures, despite the requirement that candidates list any compensation over $5,000 from a single source.

Intentionally omitting or misrepresenting information on a congressional financial disclosure is considered a federal crime.

George Santos Admits to Lying About College and Work History
The congressman-elect confirmed The New York Times’s findings that he had not graduated from college or worked at two major Wall Street firms, as he had claimed.

A man in a suit and tie stands at a lectern, mid-speech.
Congressman-Elect George Santos at the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas in November.Credit...Mikayla Whitmore for The New York Times

In a video interview with City & State, Mr. Santos asserted that his consulting practice at the Devolder Organization built upon the work he had done at his former firm, LinkBridge.

“I had the relationships and I started making a lot of money. And I fundamentally started building wealth, and I decided I’d invest in my race for Congress,” Mr. Santos said, adding: “There’s nothing wrong with that — no criminal conduct. No anything of the sort.”

The WABC interview itself was something of a political curiosity. Mr. Santos was interviewed by John Catsimatidis, a supermarket magnate and a big Republican donor, and Anthony Weiner, the former Democratic congressman who resigned in disgrace in 2011.

Mr. Weiner asked Mr. Santos about his claim, made in an interview last month shortly after his election, that a company he had worked for “lost four employees” at the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando in June 2016. The Times reviewed news coverage and obituaries and found no evidence that could support the claim.

On Monday, Mr. Santos shifted his account slightly, telling Mr. Weiner that those four people were not yet employees but instead were in the process of being hired.

“We did lose four people that were going to be coming to work for the company that I was starting up in Orlando,” he said.

Mr. Santos did not name the company or provide additional information to support his statement. Public records show that Mr. Santos had a Florida driver’s license and was registered to vote in that state in 2016.

Mr. Santos was mostly recently registered to vote at a house in the Whitestone neighborhood of Queens, but the house’s owner said he moved out months before the election.

In The Post’s interview, Mr. Santos confirmed The Times’s reporting that he was currently living in Huntington, N.Y, a town just outside his congressional district. (Members of Congress are only required to live in the state they represent, not the district.)

Mr. Santos also admitted that he was not, as he claimed last year on Twitter, a landlord who makes significant income from 13 properties owned by him and his family.

“George Santos does not own any properties,” he told The Post, even though a financial disclosure he filed with the House in September said he owned an apartment in Rio de Janeiro.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Re: NextGen Lying Republican George Santos

Post by Honeyman » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:57 am

Here is the condemnation from soon-to-be House Majority leader McCarthy:

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:01 am

If lying about shit and taking money from shady people is a deal to you, you might wanna look at your boy Joe.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:06 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:01 am
If lying about shit and taking money from shady people is a deal to you, you might wanna look at your boy Joe.
This Santos guy seems to be a conman who lied about literally every facet of his existence… so because he’s a Republican (or ran as one, who knows?) you immediately do some whataboutism that doesn’t appear to even be founded in anything in particular… you’re slipping.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:22 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:06 am
Bryce wrote:
This Santos guy seems to be a conman who lied about literally every facet of his existence… so because he’s a Republican (or ran as one, who knows?) you immediately do some whataboutism that doesn’t appear to even be founded in anything in particular… you’re slipping.
He is slipping! I was sure Bryce would go Pelosi with his whataboutism and at least stick to the House as a common denominator.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:59 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:55 am
.... He will have ethics charges against him almost immediately after taking office ....
Okay, ponder this:
The Democrats investigate and make a great case to expel him ... And then sit on it.

"We're going to take the High Road, we're going to be an example to start the healing process for this great country, yada yada".
Put a choker chain on a Republican. Basically "We got you by the short hairs, but we won't kick you out if you will be a submissive little bitch for us".

I know it's out of the box thinking. What do you think?
Seems the end result would be better than kicking him out and ending up with a replacement you can't run around by his nose ring.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:11 pm

Bryce wrote:

I completely agree that this is not a unique case. I won't even argue which party is worse. But this idiot held a press conference admitting lying and refusing to disclose how he paid for his campaign. He's too stupid for Congress and once he publicly announced it there is little chance the staffers could ignore it.
― Matt

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:18 am

Finally a gay man that Bryce can get behind..:
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:52 pm

Winner of my favorite post of 2022! (But is Santos actually gay?)
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:18 am

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:22 pm

Based on Bryce's reply, I think he's trying to get out ahead of the situation.
― Matt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:38 pm

Jesus, between this and my comments on the Kari Lake thread, Bryce is gonna rip us a new asshole 😆
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:48 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:52 pm
Winner of my favorite post of 2022! (But is Santos actually gay?)

In October 2022, Santos told the media: "I am openly gay, have never had an issue with my sexual identity in the past decade".Santos married a woman in 2012.[19] They divorced in 2019, according to The Daily Beast.The first time Santos publicly disclosed his marriage came in December 2022, when he told the Post: "I dated women in the past. I married a woman", adding that he was "OK with my sexuality. People change."

---Wikipedia

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:31 pm

Sure ain't gonna bend over in front of him.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:49 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:31 pm
Sure ain't gonna bend over in front of him.
In that case, don't forget the reach around.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:05 pm

This guy won in a democrat district - where was the oppo research?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic