Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pot Smoking Griner For a Dangerous Arms Dealer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Pot Smoking Griner For a Dangerous Arms Dealer

Post by audiophile » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:38 am

What a bad deal. Griner is a dummy but not a significant danger. On the other hand...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wn ... r-AA152Z5I

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Re: Pot Smoking Griner For a Dangerous Arms Dealer

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:44 am

Seems like Paul Whelan should have been the priority.

This isn't a defense of the last guy, but the current president's party impeached the last guy for threatening to withhold foreign aid in advance for a political favor. This guy traded a dangerous prisoner who was going to sell AK-47s to kill FEDERAL DEA agents for a political favor.

Can't wait for RT's mental gymnastics on this one!

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:01 am

I agree that Paul Whelan should have been released, but he may also have irreparable brain damage like the one kid who was returned. It’s possible that he may be permanently disabled beyond hope.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:52 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:44 am

This isn't a defense of the last guy, but the current president's party impeached the last guy for threatening to withhold foreign aid in advance for a political favor. This guy traded a dangerous prisoner who was going to sell AK-47s to kill FEDERAL DEA agents for a political favor.

Trading prisoners isn’t a political favor. Don’t you have sports to rant negatively about or baseball to mock?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Matt wrote:

Don't worry. Biden is on the case:

“We’ve not forgotten about Paul Whelan,” Biden said. “We will keep negotiating in good faith for Paul’s release.”

That sounds real assuring that he will leave no stone unturned in his quest to bring him home.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:39 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:38 am
What a bad deal. Griner is a dummy but not a significant danger. On the other hand...

Copy That!

This just sent a message to all of our military that this administration values a basketball player more than a retried Marine.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:01 pm

I agree Paul Whelan should be a priority.
But there is a possibility he really is a spy which could make negotiations a bit problematic perhaps. Not sure why but it's just an observation.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:02 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:11 pm

“We’ve not forgotten about Paul Whelan,” Biden said. “We will keep negotiating in good faith for Paul’s release.”

That sounds real assuring that he will leave no stone unturned in his quest to bring him home.

Thank you for enlightening all of us, Lucky, Leo, Lucy or Wellinton. We can always count on you for thoughtful and insightful analysis of these complex issues.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:03 pm

Well - Biden did leave Americans behind in Afghanistan. So Paul Whelan being left behind should surprise exactly nobody.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:52 am
Matt wrote:

Trading prisoners isn’t a political favor. Don’t you have sports to rant negatively about or baseball to mock?
As predicted, he deflects. IF he remembers that he made the trade during the next campaign, he'll use this trade as an accomplishment.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:02 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:11 pm

Thank you for enlightening all of us, Lucky, Leo, Lucy or Wellinton. We can always count on you for thoughtful and insightful analysis of these complex issues.
Thank Turkey! I'm glad you can count on my ponderings, much in the same way we can count on you to hijack threads with your constant bitching about things invented after 1982.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:36 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:39 pm
audiophile wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:38 am

Copy That!

This just sent a message to all of our military that this administration values a basketball player more than a retried Marine.
Does it occur to you that Russia isn’t willing to give Whelan up? We can’t demand they do anything unless we want to start world war 3… so they get the high-profile prisoner first and keep working on Whelan… Russia must have a reason for keeping ahold of him so tightly.

It occurs to me that if Whelan was out you’d find a way to attack that too.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:52 pm

Yeah okay junior. We trade a pot smoking basketball player for an international arms dealer that was supplying rogue operators out to kill americans. Not only that, he knows where major caches of weapons are throughout the world. Did it ever occur to you the reason Russia wants him so bad is so they can rearm to continue the war in Ukraine?

I'm pretty sure that someone without their head up their ass could have got both of them for a high profile Target such as that.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:13 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:52 pm
Yeah okay junior. We trade a pot smoking basketball player for an international arms dealer that was supplying rogue operators out to kill americans. Not only that, he knows where major caches of weapons are throughout the world. Did it ever occur to you the reason Russia wants him so bad is so they can rearm to continue the war in Ukraine?

I'm pretty sure that someone without their head up their ass could have got both of them for a high profile Target such as that.
Thank god you have all the answers… how could people who know what they are doing be so naive as to not ask you?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:51 pm

How can a nation be so angry about one of its citizens being freed from captivity? Shouldn't it be a cause for celebration?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic