Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chinese residents protesting covid lockdowns

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Chinese residents protesting covid lockdowns

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:17 am

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/26/china/ch ... index.html

Some quotes from some of the protest signs and speeches (translated to English, of course) :

“Step down, Xi Jinping! Step down, Communist Party!”
“Need human rights, need freedom.”
“Don’t want Covid test, want freedom!”
“Don’t want dictatorship, want democracy!”
“We Chinese need to be braver! So many of us were arrested yesterday. Are they without job or without family? We should not be afraid!”
“Say no to lockdown, yes to freedom. No to Covid test, yes to food.”
“Open your eyes and look at the world, dynamic zero-Covid is a lie.”
“Democracy and rule of law! Freedom of expression!”
“From today onwards, I will no longer perform oral sex for state power!”
“Say no to Covid tests, yes to freedom!”

Matt

Re: Chinese residents protesting covid lockdowns

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:37 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:17 am

Some quotes from some of the protest signs and speeches (translated to English, of course) :

“Step down, Xi Jinping! Step down, Communist Party!”
“Need human rights, need freedom.”
“Don’t want Covid test, want freedom!”
“Don’t want dictatorship, want democracy!”
“We Chinese need to be braver! So many of us were arrested yesterday. Are they without job or without family? We should not be afraid!”
“Say no to lockdown, yes to freedom. No to Covid test, yes to food.”
“Open your eyes and look at the world, dynamic zero-Covid is a lie.”
“Say no to Covid tests, yes to freedom!”
It only took 3 years...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:52 am

Which is worse?

Losing 100,000,000 people to COVID or being strict with controlling spread?

Going BMW would mean the spread of new variants across the globe, and increased disruptions in the US.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:09 pm

So here we have TC Talks, literally siding with the Communist Chinese government over the oppressed people of that country.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:23 pm

Or choosing science and health policy over a major wave of deaths due to a new variant of global pandemic.
Global COVID

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:07 pm

We're THREE YEARS into this. China has had a zero-Covid strategy since day 1. If you really do believe that China's strategy is supported by science and data, and that the Chinese population is better off under this zero-Covid policy, then debating this with you is futile.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:31 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:17 am

Some quotes from some of the protest signs and speeches (translated to English, of course)
This is the main difference between the US and China. In the US this is considered a part of your civic duty. Just look at Monica’s contribution

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:25 am

bmw wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:07 pm
We're THREE YEARS into this. China has had a zero-Covid strategy since day 1. If you really do believe that China's strategy is supported by science and data, and that the Chinese population is better off under this zero-Covid policy, then debating this with you is futile.
Not since day 1. They ignored it until the pleas of the dying Chinese doctors were finally heard around January 1, 2020 after a month of agony.

The proper COVID protocol is in the middle, between beemer and Xi. Whitmer got this one right for the most part. It’s a balanced approach that handled it best. Locking people in their apartments starving them to death for a cold was wrong.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:47 am

I'm sure Biden has Xi's back. Maybe Biden can spare a few of the missiles for Xi to use on the Chinese demonstrators that he was going to use on Americans who oppose him.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:57 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:25 am
bmw wrote:
Not since day 1. They ignored it until the pleas of the dying Chinese doctors were finally heard around January 1, 2020 after a month of agony.

The proper COVID protocol is in the middle, between beemer and Xi. Whitmer got this one right for the most part. It’s a balanced approach that handled it best. Locking people in their apartments starving them to death for a cold was wrong.
False. Whitmer failed miserably during covid.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:50 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:57 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:25 am
bmw wrote:

False. Whitmer failed miserably during covid.
Based on what? Covid deaths per capita, Michigan ranks 31. Just because you keep repeating something doesn't mean it's close to true. You're full of shit with no substantive basis for your opinion.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Furthermore, Michigan citizens obviously feel she does a better job running the state than the Republicans could.

― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 am

This is a useless conversation as neither side is ever going to budge. My feelings have changed quite a bit due to unexpected side effects of being vaxxed and boosted that have radically changed my life. Use your energy for better things like bashing Trump or Biden.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:33 am
This is a useless conversation as neither side is ever going to budge. My feelings have changed quite a bit due to unexpected side effects of being vaxxed and boosted that have radically changed my life. Use your energy for better things like bashing Trump or Biden.
What happened?

I felt the vaccines were rushed.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:48 am

Without going into a very long, and for most boring, story, I use either a walker or cane to get around, have had one surgery and at least two more are in the future, not that far off, and I will still need the aids to get around. I would have still gotten vaxxed and boosted but would have waited util more real world data was available. My team of doctors has confirmed that what I am going through is from the vaccine I got as it is happening to vaxxed people elsewhere. I guess they have own version of the buzzboard. lol.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:07 am

Wow!

I take it that it affected your joints, like RA type symptoms?

I never got vaxxed, and my daughters in my modest house were confirmed positive before I was eligible for shot. At that point I decided it I was already immune.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic