Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Heeeees Baaaaccckkkkk….

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Re: Heeeees Baaaaccckkkkk….

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:09 am
Rate This wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 am
Not if nobody is there to maintain it. If it’s unusable or nearly so and they can’t keep up with the bugs and he can’t hire anybody having quickly developed a bad reputation it’s gonna be hard to keep people going there.
Let me use an analogy to reply to you:

I want to have a house built. I hire a crew to build the house. Once it's done, I don't need nearly as many people to maintain it.

I'm not saying I'm right. But from the different things I'm seeing and reading, this just may be what the layoffs at Twitter was.
The house had already been built and the owner was taking care of it. If the new owner wants to fire the staff that keep the furnace running, the driveway's clear and the bathroom nice and shiny then how is that good for anyone or anything?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:02 pm

If advertisers refuse to come back, the party is over. That is unless Elon is okay with losing money and treating Twitter as a loss leader. But your website is only as good as your developers though. So, while Twitter won’t crash overnight, it will degrade over time without developers and moderation staff.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:44 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:02 pm
If advertisers refuse to come back, the party is over. That is unless Elon is okay with losing money and treating Twitter as a loss leader. But your website is only as good as your developers though. So, while Twitter won’t crash overnight, it will degrade over time without developers and moderation staff.
Which is exactly what I was trying to convey... thanks for spelling it out correctly. :)

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:29 pm

Apparently Twitter's copyright infringement prevention system has broken and people are posting entire motion pictures on the site.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... a92ce07d3a

Best comment: "Imagine if it were a Disney property" Imagine indeed...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:13 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:29 pm
Apparently Twitter's copyright infringement prevention system has broken and people are posting entire motion pictures on the site.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... a92ce07d3a

Best comment: "Imagine if it were a Disney property" Imagine indeed...
And we have people on here saying everything is just fine...

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:23 am

So he's back. So what? Now that the election is over, what is he going to be using Twitter for? If he even uses it at all.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:26 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:23 am
So he's back. So what? Now that the election is over, what is he going to be using Twitter for? If he even uses it at all.
Probably rants about his opponents.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Trump's first tweets back on twitter...

This is gold...

https://twitter.com/Shawn_Farash/status ... _Oy58sAAAA

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic