Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What could do it?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: What could do it?

Post by km1125 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:47 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:18 am
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:53 am
Nothing. The movie "Don't Look Up" might as well be a documentary...
Jesus H. Christ. I said the exact same thing when I watched it. It's always the same cycle whenever something goes down!
"Don't Look Up" was a prequel to "Idiocracy", which was also started as a comedy but ended up being a documentary.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:21 pm

Ya' know, when lovinlife comes back and posts in his/her 9th identity, TC Talks, Matt, MCRF, beemer, turk, Lester, myself.....the entire board (sans audiophile) can all get together for the greater good of Mibuzzboard.

Maybe there is hope.

The censorship king from out of state.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:50 pm

I'm thinking a terrorist attack may be the only way for our country to become united again.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:44 am

Here's the thing. I looked back upon some electoral maps. Nixon and Reagan come to mind. I mean, Reagan won, what, 49 states in 1984? Even Walter Mondale's mom voted for Reagan. It's amazing to me that, so many times (other than Obama in 2008) everything is so Goddamn close. The house and Senate are always 50/50, with a slim majority on either side (the GOP took over the house with, what, under 10 seats?) and you just don't see sweeps and landslides much anymore. Most races are roughly 47/53 or less. Now, you would THINK with things so close, there would be more working together. Jesus Christ could run against a dog turd and still only get 48 or 49%. We just don't want the other person to have too much of a claim on anything. But I have to believe there's something or someone out there that could do it. But when we keep playing these games instead of doing actual work for the people, we're gonna be like this for a long time. "Donald Trump farted and it smells like rotten bananas! INVESTIGATION!" "Oh, but what about when Bill Clinton farted and it smelled like bad bologna?! INVESTIGATION!". For fuck's sake. And this whataboutism shit needs to stop, too. Set the example. Be above it. Don't do and say stupid shit because someone else did it. And when do we stop with it? Who is the dividing line? "Oh, but it was okay when JAMES MADISON didn't wipe his ass for a week!". It's sad. It could be so much better. And now with Trump in the race again, the games will continue. It would be nice to vote FOR someone instead of AGAINST someone else for once. Any other year, any other incumbent, any other situation and Joe Biden doesn't even sniff the White House. The guy's only been running since I was a child. It's frustrating.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:26 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:50 pm
I'm thinking a terrorist attack may be the only way for our country to become united again.

Didn't that happen on Jan 6'?

It didn't exactly unite the country.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:48 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:26 pm

That wasn't a terrorist attack.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:47 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:26 pm

I was hoping it would, but it didn't.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic