Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 am

I'm a bit surprised there's been no posts here yet on all the protests going on on colleges campuses. Well, one of them has finally reached the threshold that many here would argue amounts to a terrorist insurrection.
Dozens of protesters have taken over a building at Columbia University in New York, barricading the entrances and unfurling a Palestinian flag out of a window, as the UN human rights chief said he was “troubled” by how law enforcement has dealt with the recent wave of campus demonstrations.

In the latest escalation of uprest on US campuses against the Israel-Hamas war, video footage showed protesters on Columbia’s Manhattan campus locking arms in front of Hamilton Hall early on Tuesday and carrying furniture and metal barricades to the building, one of several that was occupied during a 1968 civil rights and anti-Vietnam war protest on the campus.

Posts on an Instagram page for protest organisers shortly after midnight urged people to protect the encampment and join them at Hamilton Hall.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... y-building

I wonder how many of these "protesters" will end up in prison and the subject or ridicule by the media for years to come?

The mere fact that Columbia canceled most in-person classes a full week ago tells you all you need to know about how safe it is to actually be on campus.

zzand

Re: Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:53 am

Reminds me of the late 60s and 70s. Also college kids taking over a campus building is nowhere near MAGA types trying to stop Congress form doing their job. Apples and oranges.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:03 am

Meh. These "college kids" are disrupting our entire system of higher education (it is not just Columbia) and have disrupted it far more and for a much longer period of time than did the January 6th rioters.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:10 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:53 am
Reminds me of the late 60s and 70s. Also college kids taking over a campus building is nowhere near MAGA types trying to stop Congress form doing their job. Apples and oranges.
Congress doesn't so their job most days of the year, so stopping them on one particular day probably wouldn't make a difference at all.

And the vast majority of those folks on Jan 6th were "mostly peaceful protesters"!

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:15 am

In fairness, I suspect that the majority of pro-Palestinian protesters are peaceful, but there must be enough who are not, or else Columbia would have had no reason to stop in-class learning a week ago. Or for USC to cancel its graduation ceremonies.

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:51 am
I'm a bit surprised there's been no posts here yet on all the protests going on on colleges campuses. Well, one of them has finally reached the threshold that many here would argue amounts to a terrorist insurrection.
Dozens of protesters have taken over a building at Columbia University in New York, barricading the entrances and unfurling a Palestinian flag out of a window, as the UN human rights chief said he was “troubled” by how law enforcement has dealt with the recent wave of campus demonstrations.

In the latest escalation of uprest on US campuses against the Israel-Hamas war, video footage showed protesters on Columbia’s Manhattan campus locking arms in front of Hamilton Hall early on Tuesday and carrying furniture and metal barricades to the building, one of several that was occupied during a 1968 civil rights and anti-Vietnam war protest on the campus.

Posts on an Instagram page for protest organisers shortly after midnight urged people to protect the encampment and join them at Hamilton Hall.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... y-building

I wonder how many of these "protesters" will end up in prison and the subject or ridicule by the media for years to come?

The mere fact that Columbia canceled most in-person classes a full week ago tells you all you need to know about how safe it is to actually be on campus.
bmw, I'm not surprised.
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am

Disrupting school and the government are not even in the same category.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:51 am
Disrupting school and the government are not even in the same category.
Agreed. And for Beemer to claim they are “disrupting the entire higher education system is ludicrous…

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:38 am

Three college campuses in my area are totally normal and one of them is a biggie.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:54 am

zzand wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:38 am
Three college campuses in my area are totally normal and one of them is a biggie.
I was gonna say the same about all of the schools here… this is an isolated thing to a few places. Mark my words Trump is gonna try to latch onto this like it’s 1968 and hit Biden over the head with it and pray to the money gods for a riot at the Democratic Convention.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:02 pm

Why is it that the organizers are targeting Ivy League, other "prestigious" private colleges like The University of Spoiled Children (and a good name for many others), and public "Pseudo Ivy" institutions? It's because these Spoiled Brats are really snowflakes easily led by the foreign and domestic enemies of traditional America. I've heard for over 50 years that these institutions are really no better academically than the "Opportunity U" commuter publics that can't brainwash the snowflakes with total immersion in radical thought. Standardized graduate tests prove that. Plus the legacy candidates, etc. are really no brighter than people like TC Talks regard as riff raff.

This reminds me of the Vietnam Era protests, but a lot worse. Those were also led and funded by foreign and domestic enemies of America.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 am
Agreed. And for Beemer to claim they are “disrupting the entire higher education system is ludicrous…
While this is not an unbiased source, Al Jazeera claims they're quite widespread.

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm

It will all become a mess before summer. Thanks Tliaib for what you started in Dearborn.
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 am
While this is not an unbiased source, Al Jazeera claims they're quite widespread.

The red dots on that map represent universities beholden to the traditional red countries on the world map, which are COMMUNIST, not republican like red states as now being designated by the COMMUNIST media.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:46 pm

Paul Richards wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm
It will all become a mess before summer. Thanks Tliaib for what you started in Dearborn.
I told you that over 50 years ago, my neighbor told me he was born in Palestine, and that he hated Jews. The family supports Tlaib now. Another relative of this man at my High School told a Jewish classmate in 1970 that the 1967 Six Day War was not over, that Israel didn't win, and that it would never be over. I heard it as he said it, and always remembered it.

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic