Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TIME: How far Trump would go

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Honeyman

TIME: How far Trump would go

Post by Honeyman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:57 am

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Re: TIME: How far Trump would go

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am

Why don't the 2 authors of that piece just come out and say that the world would be better of if we just slaughtered the 75 million people who voted for Trump in 2020?

As an aside, I find it comical that one of their criticisms of Trump is that "his support for Israel is not absolute" given at times hostile attitude our current commander-in-chief has had towards that country.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:22 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am
Why don't the 2 authors of that piece just come out and say that the world would be better of if we just slaughtered the 75 million people who voted for Trump in 2020?

As an aside, I find it comical that one of their criticisms of Trump is that "his support for Israel is not absolute" given at times hostile attitude our current commander-in-chief has had towards that country.
You understand they interviewed Trump right? And that the things he’s proposing like prosecution for the Biden’s doesn’t match anything this country has ever done before?

He is a radical who intends to fundamentally transform the United States of America into some kind of autocratic hole in the wall…

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:22 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am

You understand they interviewed Trump right? And that the things he’s proposing like prosecution for the Biden’s doesn’t match anything this country has ever done before?

He is a radical who intends to fundamentally transform the United States of America into some kind of autocratic hole in the wall…
All they care about is "ownin' tha libs" even if it is short-lived.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:06 pm

FWIW, as you can tell from the time stamp, I posted the article at 6:57(PDT). bmw criticized it 15 minutes later at 7:12. The article specifically mentions its a 26 minute read.

Assuming bmw is a speed reader (possible) and he is waiting with baited breath for me to post and immediately read any of my informed contributions (highly unlikely), he did not read the article before commenting.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 pm

I honestly spent 7 or 8 minutes skimming through the whole thing before commenting. It is just more of the same, over-the-top, Trump and his supporters are radicals hell-bent on revolution that I've read elsewhere.

This little snippet is particularly over the top:
Every election is billed as a national turning point. This time that rings true. To supporters, the prospect of Trump 2.0, unconstrained and backed by a disciplined movement of true believers, offers revolutionary promise. To much of the rest of the nation and the world, it represents an alarming risk. A second Trump term could bring “the end of our democracy,” says presidential historian Douglas Brinkley, “and the birth of a new kind of authoritarian presidential order.”
Unconstrained
True believers
Revolution
End of democracy
Authoritarian presidential order

To which I respond, "bullshit."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 pm
I honestly spent 7 or 8 minutes skimming through the whole thing before commenting. It is just more of the same, over-the-top, Trump and his supporters are radicals hell-bent on revolution that I've read elsewhere.

This little snippet is particularly over the top:
Every election is billed as a national turning point. This time that rings true. To supporters, the prospect of Trump 2.0, unconstrained and backed by a disciplined movement of true believers, offers revolutionary promise. To much of the rest of the nation and the world, it represents an alarming risk. A second Trump term could bring “the end of our democracy,” says presidential historian Douglas Brinkley, “and the birth of a new kind of authoritarian presidential order.”
Unconstrained
True believers
Revolution
End of democracy
Authoritarian presidential order

To which I respond, "bullshit."
Unconstrained... No more Jim Mattis/Rex Tillerson/Jeff Sessions "adults in the room types". He intends to nominate sycophants to cabinet positions this time. He feels he made a mistake the first time.

True believers.... the folks who believe he's god... that seems to be a vast majority of his supporters in what amounts to a cult of personality.

Revolutionary... the things he wants to do in a second term are absolutely fundamentally against the going precedent for at least the last 100 years. Sounds revolutionary to me.

End of Democracy.... they already tried to take Democracy out back and shoot it once...

Authoritarian Presidential Order... He wants to be a dictator and he idolizes authoritarians around the world and badly wants to be one too.

The paragraph you cite is spot on. But they interviewed Trump and got him to comment on some of this stuff so Bullshit this is not.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 01, 2024 6:06 am

At least he said that he wants to be King Trump and turn this country into a Banana Republic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic