Your last opportunity to stop Trump from being our next President is the Democratic National Convention

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Your last opportunity to stop Trump from being our next President is the Democratic National Convention

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Biden will not win re-election. Screenshot this. Save it for posterity. Do whatever you want with it.

To those of you who want Trump gone, you have one last hail mary - dump Biden at the convention. Gavin Newsom is still waiting in the wings, and I think Whitmer would accept VP in a heartbeat. That is the only thing that could shake up the race at this point. Because Biden is, IMO, done.

I will re-visit this post after the election.

Matt

Re: Your last opportunity to stop Trump from being our next President is the Democratic National Convention

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:18 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:12 pm
Biden will not win re-election. Screenshot this. Save it for posterity. Do whatever you want with it.

To those of you who want Trump gone, you have one last hail mary - dump Biden at the convention. Gavin Newsom is still waiting in the wings, and I think Whitmer would accept VP in a heartbeat. That is the only thing that could shake up the race at this point. Because Biden is, IMO, done.

I will re-visit this post after the election.
https://x.com/josh_wingrove/status/1796 ... 6dRKw&s=19
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Re: Your last opportunity to stop Trump from being our next President is the Democratic National Convention

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:28 pm

Biden can ride a bicycle.

I guess that settles it. Biden 2024.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:31 pm

It's hysterical that you think Trump is going to win - he could flip every swing state he lost except Michigan and Pennsylvania, and he still loses.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:31 pm
It's hysterical that you think Trump is going to win - he could flip every swing state he lost except Michigan and Pennsylvania, and he still loses.
That would put Trump at 275. Try again.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:40 pm

Sorry Matt, but BMW's record over the years has been pretty solid.

As James Carville once said, It's the economy, stupid!

Biden screwed it up royally and we are near WWIII too. Both sides are threating to nuke each other.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:48 pm

The thing is, Biden has no way to go up. NONE. His opponent was just convicted of 34 felonies - an event that under normal circumstances would be a knockout blow; yet, Biden is still considered at best a coin flip by bettors and pollsters. He is 81 years old and mentally at best, suffering from some degree of cognitive decline. And before RT shows up and says so is Trump, I will simply say that voters see Biden as more cognitively impaired than they do Trump. By November, Biden's cognition will be at least marginally worse and this verdict will be 5 months in the rear view mirror.

I just don't see anything that could shake up this race if Biden remains at the top of the ticket. Again, mark my words here. Georgia is going back to red. Nevada is going red. I'm VERY confident in those 2 predictions. Arizona will be close but I think goes red. After that, Trump only needs 1 of the 3 Rust Belt states of WI, PA, and MI. Even VA is in play this year. The war in Ukraine isn't winding down anytime soon. The Middle East is still a tinder box. Grocery prices are sky high and only continuing to go up (albeit at a slower pace).

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:55 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:40 pm
Sorry Matt, but BMW's record over the years has been pretty solid.

As James Carville once said, It's the economy, stupid!

Biden screwed it up royally and we are near WWIII too. Both sides are threating to nuke each other.
The one event I under-estimated was the effect of overturning Roe v. Wade and the effect that would have on the 2022 races. While I predicted Trump to win in 2020, I did also say it would be razor thin and that the winner of PA would be our next President. I really wasn't far off there. Georgia going to Biden was a bit of a shocker to me though.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:46 pm

Debates could change things. There is a possibility that Trump could utter something so off the wall that it would turn off enough voters to sink him.

Health may decide the election. Biden is 81 but Trump is close and looks awful. One of these guys stroking out would not be a great shock.

October surprise.

Another event we never saw coming could happen that could drastically change things.

5 months is an eternity.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:49 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:48 pm
The thing is, Biden has no way to go up. NONE. His opponent was just convicted of 34 felonies - an event that under normal circumstances would be a knockout blow; yet, Biden is still considered at best a coin flip by bettors and pollsters. He is 81 years old and mentally at best, suffering from some degree of cognitive decline. And before RT shows up and says so is Trump, I will simply say that voters see Biden as more cognitively impaired than they do Trump. By November, Biden's cognition will be at least marginally worse and this verdict will be 5 months in the rear view mirror.

I just don't see anything that could shake up this race if Biden remains at the top of the ticket. Again, mark my words here. Georgia is going back to red. Nevada is going red. I'm VERY confident in those 2 predictions. Arizona will be close but I think goes red. After that, Trump only needs 1 of the 3 Rust Belt states of WI, PA, and MI. Even VA is in play this year. The war in Ukraine isn't winding down anytime soon. The Middle East is still a tinder box. Grocery prices are sky high and only continuing to go up (albeit at a slower pace).
And we elect Trump and guess what? Grocery prices still go up, the war in Ukraine continues and the Middle East remains a tinder box.

Anecdotal evidence so far suggests some sort of mild polling hit for Trump. It’s been 3 days and we have two polls half taken before and half after. Declaring victory now is reckless and just completely insane and so is saying there has been no hit to Trump… we simply don’t know that yet… I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you are immersed in a bubble of some kind. You blew 2022 and argued tooth and nail with me while I used data to back my assumptions up. I got a very nice bottle of whiskey out of it though.

At best this is a coin flip and it’s very possible Trump just took some major damage here. I don’t care what his cult did with their wallets.
Last edited by Rate This on Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:55 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:49 pm
bmw wrote:

And we elect Trump and guess what? Grocery prices still go up, the war in Ukraine continues and the Middle East remains a tinder box.

Anecdotal evidence so far suggests some sort of mild polling hit for Trump. It’s been 3 days and we have two polls half taken before and half after. Declaring victory now is reckless and just completely insane… I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you are immersed in a bubble of some kind. You blew 2022 and argued tooth and nail with me while I used data to back my assumptions up. I got a very nice bottle of whiskey out of it though.
I musta missed that....what was the whiskey bet?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:56 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:55 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:49 pm
bmw wrote:

Anecdotal evidence so far suggests some sort of mild polling hit for Trump. It’s been 3 days and we have two polls half taken before and half after. Declaring victory now is reckless and just completely insane… I’m gonna go out on a limb and say you are immersed in a bubble of some kind. You blew 2022 and argued tooth and nail with me while I used data to back my assumptions up. I got a very nice bottle of whiskey out of it though.
I musta missed that....what was the whiskey bet?
TC Talks was kind enough to send a bottle along for the one who got closest to right or something along those lines. I’d have to dig up the thread.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:57 pm

I see things have tightened up on your predicit site, beemer.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:59 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:57 pm
Midway down page one he makes the offer and it goes on from there:
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... on#p718145

The results thread page 9 and 10 at least talked about it:
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... on#p718503

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:15 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:59 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:57 pm
Midway down page one he makes the offer and it goes on from there:
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... on#p718145

The results thread page 9 and 10 at least talked about it:
https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... on#p718503
Very nice! Good bottle? I'm not much of a bourbon guy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic