Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

War in Ukraine -- Why is it not a hot topic here?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 9015

War in Ukraine -- Why is it not a hot topic here?

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:32 pm

I'd expect it to be a hot topic on this board. On another message board, we rarely bring up international news or politics, but this is the one thing most people keep bringing up. Considering the possibility that Putin would release a nuke, I would think it would be a hot-button issue.

TC Talks

Re: War in Ukraine -- Why is it not a hot topic here?

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:34 pm

The Russian Army wouldn't allow it, like the US Defense wouldn't allow Trump to do something that stupid...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:02 am

Putin knows that a nuke means the end to all Ruskies. I still have my Ukrainian flag as my avatar on FB. We have a very high Ukrainian population here. Being I am of Polish ancestry, I have always felt a kinship with them. And now knowing how fascist Putin is, all the more reason to support Ukraine.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:11 am

I wouldn't rule out him using a tactical nuke, thinking he could get away with doing it in territory with a limited number of civilians. Would Biden really escalate to apocalypse if a tactical nuke was used in an evacuated region where only a few stragglers were? That seems like the kinda game Putin would love to play.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:29 am

I still don't get why we (or really any nation that values internationally-recognized sovereign borders) aren't screaming at the U.N. every single day about this issue. Isn't this kind of thing why the U.N. was created for in the first place? Both Ukraine and Russia are member nations. If Russia thought that "bad" things were happening in Ukraine (so bad they needed to invade), then why weren't THEY screaming at the U.N. every day to get some action before they unilaterally took action?

All the U.N. has done is basically say "oooh, that was bad, Mr Putin", rather than coalesce the majority to take action in completely isolating Russia for its actions. I do understand that Russia has veto power IN THE SECURITY COUNCIL but this kind of action goes beyond that. So much so that they should also be discussing KICKING RUSSIA OUT of the U.N. for violations of basic agreements (the founding principles of the U.N. charter).

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:32 pm
I'd expect it to be a hot topic on this board. On another message board, we rarely bring up international news or politics, but this is the one thing most people keep bringing up. Considering the possibility that Putin would release a nuke, I would think it would be a hot-button issue.
Hot Button?

AC not working?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:56 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:49 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Hot Button?

AC not working?
God's AC is working overtime right now.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:53 pm

This is the kind of back channel work that is happening to cool Putin's rhetoric.
William J. Burns, the director of the Central Intelligence Agency, met with his Russian counterpart in Turkey on Monday to warn Russia against the use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine, a White House spokesman said.

The National Security Council said Mr. Burns’s meeting in Ankara was not in any way to negotiate or to discuss any settlement of the war in Ukraine. Ukraine was briefed in advance on the trip, the spokesman said.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:35 am

Neckbeard wrote:
To be honest, no one in my circle of friends and family brings it up. And other than seeing post like your, I don't give it much thought either.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:16 pm

Maybe it’ll move up a notch now.. the Russians just had some missiles go into Poland and kill 2 people. Not good.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:37 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:16 pm
Maybe it’ll move up a notch now.. the Russians just had some missiles go into Poland and kill 2 people. Not good.
https://archive.ph/a7zbH

They're trying to deny responsibility. Of course, an investigation is necessary, but once we find out what we know, the response will be interesting. A certain rust-colored gentleman would likely drop his sansabelt trousers for Putin. If Biden remembers all of this next week, I will be interested in seeing his response.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:16 pm
Someone needs to make sure Putin has an accident near a window.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:58 am

It seems the deadly rocket attack was Ukraine forces. Oops.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:09 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:58 am
It seems the deadly rocket attack was Ukraine forces. Oops.
Imagine minding your own business when a missile comes barreling through..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic