Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Matt will be happy - I'm now on the "dump Trump" bandwagon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Matt will be happy - I'm now on the "dump Trump" bandwagon

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:31 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:26 am
I prefaced my "gotcha" question with a comment about hypocrite Bill Barr. He, and you, are anything but honest, but completely full of shit. You can't say you want to dump Trump in one breath, and vote for him in another.
Wait a minute - so the Democrats can't want to "Dump Biden" for another candidate, but then still vote for him in the general if he gets the nomination?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:32 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:28 am
Who would join his administration?

Secretary of Defense - Mike Lindell
AG - John Eastman
Secretary of Agriculture - MTG

Does that seem competent?
Yeah, because those are precisely the people he'd put in charge of those positions. :roll:

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:35 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:32 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:28 am
Who would join his administration?

Secretary of Defense - Mike Lindell
AG - John Eastman
Secretary of Agriculture - MTG

Does that seem competent?
Yeah, because those are precisely the people he'd put in charge of those positions. :roll:
Eastman is a pick I think he'd consider. I don't know which serious people would sign on again. It's probably a moot point unless the Dems bring the old hag back. Trump beat the hag, but he couldn't beat a vegetable.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:36 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:31 am
Honeyman wrote:
I prefaced my "gotcha" question with a comment about hypocrite Bill Barr. He, and you, are anything but honest, but completely full of shit. You can't say you want to dump Trump in one breath, and vote for him in another.
Wait a minute - so the Democrats can't want to "Dump Biden" for another candidate, but then still vote for him in the general if he gets the nomination?
You bullshit opening statement in this thread says, "I've had enough" not once, but twice. Obviously, you haven't.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:36 am
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
You bullshit opening statement in this thread says, "I've had enough" not once, but twice. Obviously, you haven't.
Having had enough of Trump and voting for him over an en even worse Democrat are not mutually exclusive events. Your suggestion is that if Trump gets the nomination, I should either outright vote for what I view as an even worse candidate running with the party which I've had more than enough of for a decade and a half or should vote 3rd party or stay home. That's an absurd suggestion.

And I know why you refuse to answer my question. It is because there's no such thing as a Democrat voter having had enough of any specific Democrat politician. You all can mildly piss and moan about how Biden or Clinton have been in politics too long, or how you want younger candidates, but at the end of the day, you will ALWAYS, WITHOUT FAIL, vote for the candidate with the (D) after their name. So lets not pretend to play moral superiority games here.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:54 am

There are two people who could hypothetically get me to vote for Trump.
Rashida Harbi Tlaib or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez if somehow either of them were to become the democratic nominee.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:05 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:36 am
bmw wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Having had enough of Trump and voting for him over an en even worse Democrat are not mutually exclusive events. Your suggestion is that if Trump gets the nomination, I should either outright vote for what I view as an even worse candidate running with the party which I've had more than enough of for a decade and a half or should vote 3rd party or stay home. That's an absurd suggestion.

And I know why you refuse to answer my question. It is because there's no such thing as a Democrat voter having had enough of any specific Democrat politician. You all can mildly piss and moan about how Biden or Clinton have been in politics too long, or how you want younger candidates, but at the end of the day, you will ALWAYS, WITHOUT FAIL, vote for the candidate with the (D) after their name. So lets not pretend to play moral superiority games here.
I never made a thread saying I would never vote for Biden.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:12 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:05 am
Would you vote for Gavin Newsom if he gets the Democratic nomination?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:23 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:12 am
Honeyman wrote:
Nope.

I have no issue voting third party. I don't feel it's a wasted vote. And while I live in a state that essentially has already been declared for the Democrats, if I lived in a battleground state, I could still not cast my vote for someone I have no trust in.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:27 am

I am still interested in hearing about serious people that would join a second Trump Administration...

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:23 am
Nope.

I have no issue voting third party. I don't feel it's a wasted vote. And while I live in a state that essentially has already been declared for the Democrats, if I lived in a battleground state, I could still not cast my vote for someone I have no trust in.
So if it was Newsom vs. Trump, and you lived in Michigan, you'd vote 3rd party? I"m not sure I believe you.

There are only 2 legitimate reasons to vote 3rd party: 1 - somehow, one has actually become viable, or 2 - both candidates are equally bad. Even though you've said Newsom is an "abject failure," I somehow doubt you find him equally objectionable as you find Trump.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:12 am
Honeyman wrote:
If you lived in Georgia, would you vote for Walker?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:27 am
I am still interested in hearing about serious people that would join a second Trump Administration...
It is hard to take your question seriously when you suggested that Trump would choose the My Pillow guy as the Secretary of Defense. In all seriousness though, I don't know who would end up in his administration. But I can guarantee you there'd be "serious people" interested in those positions.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:40 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 am
If you lived in Georgia, would you vote for Walker?
Absolutely. He has been unfairly trashed by the media, IMO, and whenever I've heard him speak, he sounds way more intelligent than people have made him out to be. As to his past, nothing he's been accused of comes close to Warnock being accused of trying to run his wife over with his car or interfering with a police investigation into child abuse that was allegedly taking place in - what was it - church camps?, that he was running.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:49 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:36 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:23 am
Nope.

So if it was Newsom vs. Trump, and you lived in Michigan, you'd vote 3rd party? I"m not sure I believe you.

There are only 2 legitimate reasons to vote 3rd party: 1 - somehow, one has actually become viable, or 2 - both candidates are equally bad. Even though you've said Newsom is an "abject failure," I somehow doubt you find him equally objectionable as you find Trump.
I don't find him equally objectionable as Trump. But unlike you, I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils if that person is deplorable in my eyes.

But please don't ask me if I'm rooting for OSU or UM Saturday. :lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic